Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It looks bizarre but its because most of those transfers were done before the deadline so people didnt know about James OG or Antonio goal before they did them.

Im just after looking at my ownership of him since GW13. His scores have been 1,0,0,0,8,6,0. He didnt play one of those games so overall he has 15 points from his last 6 games, an average of 2.5 points per game which is pretty dire for a £6m player. He also has 4 yellow cards in that period too. So yeah I think its long past time to move him on, Chelsea have stopped keeping regular clean sheets weeks ago and he cant always be depended on for attacking returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭macraignil

Currently looking to role this weeks transfer and have two free next week to get rid of Alonso and James but more fixture disruption may change this. Will wait to decide on who to replace them with but if their defenses don't have too many players out going forward then Targett and Cresswell seem like options and Kilman could be a viable budget option.

• I think I'm gonna keep me powder dry for two free transfers next GW. As things stand I'll have 10 players available (although one is Locadia so practically 9).

Bernardo Silva might get one last chance against Brentford but I'm looking at swapping him for Sterling...

Yeah rolling the transfer was exactly my plan so I could drop the double Chelsea defence of James & Alonso in one go without a hit but fixture postponements have now thrown that out of the window. Targett/Cash, Cresswell and Kilman all look like good shouts, Wolves have been keeping a few clean sheets and have gone under the radar somewhat. Just got to keep an eye on Creswells injury and the covid situation at Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

IMO, the reason why Wolves are not playing is more injuries than COVID.

They were very public in their boaster campaign and in the recent article on the Athletic, they listed out a lot of long term injuries. Their public COVID cases were some of these long term injuries.

Edit: just seen now that there is 6 cases in the first team. Fabio Silva, Mosquera (who is injured anyways) + 4 others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Wolves really that bad hit.. could there game with United Mon 3rd be in doubt?

Actually it could be. Depends if they get their injured players back fit maybe.

Another option would be to delay the game a day or two and see if Wolves can get their COVID players back fit. It's a Monday game with both clubs not playing FA cup until the weekend on the 9th / 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have 12 players as it stands potentially. Would like to remove Bilva but would make more sense to remove a player with no fixture like Watkins

Could be tempted by Rom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Have 9 players at the moment. Thinking i might free hit. It'll mean i can get Salah back in just for the week too.

Need to put some proper thought into it though if I'm going that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I was thinking Ramsdale -> DDG but after seeing the amount of chances that Utd conceded against Newcastle, rethinking that.

But then again, Burnley + DGWs coming up.

I really don't think I can go without Salah now this week even if it takes a hit to get him back. Up to 50k now and all the recent progress will be undone if he goes mental. Want to keep Son though so could do Foden and Laca to Salah and Broja maybe.

Im 0.3m short of being able to go from Laca to Kane direct which is frustrating. Think it will still be my move for a hit, likely selling Dennis for Broja as Dennis looks like he is off to AFCON after Jan 1st anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

What are folks approach with Salah with AFCON?

Im resigned to not having him and watching the game from behind the sofa. His replacement Son (c) got 16 points yesterday so I just need Salah to get no more than a goal or assist and it is even stevens with Son still to play Southampton. If Salah goes wild though Im in trouble. Im hoping its Jota who does the damage.

Yeah I'm torn! I'd only be getting him back out of pure fear. Currently have the captaincy on Son again. Actually like your Kane move, may look at him too. Apart from Son, there's no other premium mid asset I'm interested in when Salah goes. Not going spending 11m on Pep roulette and the Kane/Son double up could be gold for their dgwks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Honestly think I'll go Ronaldo & Raphinha to Salah & Edouard (-4)

If my FH had of gone through, things be so much easier.

Is it lunacy? Afraid to go without Salah vs a depleted Leicester.

Do you have TAA also?

TAA (c), Jota + Son should surely cover Salah.

I'd say it will be rare for non-FH to have each of TAA, Salah, Jota, Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m going to get Salah back for a hit. Can’t go without him. Everyone seems to be talking as if it’s one game (Leicester) but based on his record this season there’s no reason to believe he won’t return against Chelsea too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

maybe they are just incredible at FF! ronaldo 1 pt, Maupay on the score sheet

Yeah Ive got the fear big time here as well but I made the call that Son x 2 captains will hopefully at least equal 1 x Salah captain v Leicester. It could go completely pear shaped but the first leg of it has worked so far so I feel I have to stick now. If I were to get Salah back in it would need yet another transfer to get him back out and Ive already got the double Chelsea defense to deal with.

I watched the first half of Spurs Palace yesterday and although Palace were weakened I was getting last seasons nostalgia of the Son-Kane partnership and that sweet spot of one assisting the other for goals and vice versa. The big difference was Kane running off the shoulder of defenders into the channels instead of coming into central midfield to receive the ball with his back to goal. So long as he continues on playing like that the goals should flow. Im mindful as well that Conte said during the Euros last summer as a tv analyst that he would have Kane in the box and nowhere else. Under Nuno he was rarely in the box and kept dropping deep into midfield to receive the ball, that seems to have been the main reason why he lost form and Nuno his job.

yeah I have TAA and Jota too. I was half toying with the idea of putting the armband on Jota rather than Son but thats probably trying to be too clever, I already feel like Im betraying Salah enough without completely taking the piss out of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

King or Broja?

yeah its a fair point, he loves scoring against the team that let him go. But once that Liverpool Leeds fixture got cancelled I figured Son vs Palace, Soton and Watford would hopefully equal Salah v Leicester and Chelsea. I would have loved Salah in the Leeds fixture, thats the type of game that could have been 6 or 7 nil. But without it Son looked like a good way to deal with the Salah AFCON problem early without getting too punished for doing so. Time will tell, it could end up a disaster yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Foden to Son, for -4. Could come back to bite me though, couldn’t it?

Either that or Brownhill to Moura/Bowen for free.

Do you really want to get rid of Foden this GW? I'm holding him this GW. I think Pep will rotate against Brentford and I think Foden & Jesus will be one of the first 2 on the teamsheet against a tired Brentford.

GW 21, I would look into it more seriously, IMO. As Spurs will have the DGW probably and the -4 is covered by 2 starts.

I hold both Foden and Son with Foden very much being held through gritted teeth this last two weeks, he hasnt done a thing since I bought him except to go clubbing. Foden arguably has a higher ceiling but Son has guaranteed starts and will play 80+ minutes in most games.

Moura seems a good shout provided he is not being rotated with Dele, Conte started Dele v Liverpool and then selected Moura v Palace. It would be hard to see Moura being dropped v Southampton after his performance v Palace but Dele played well enough v Liverpool but then got dropped for Moura. So there a slight risk with Mouras minutes I think until we truly know what Conte prefers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

-8 taken again.

Foden, Raphinha & Ronaldo out for Jota, Salah & Borja.

The -8 this week worked (Salah, Jota & Dennis out for Jorginho, Son & Ronaldo) so might as well chance it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Definitely nothing wrong with that. I went Sterling (c) & Son for Salah & Jota. Gained 32 points.

Ive Watkins, Lacazette & Raphina so will keep those 2 for now & continue Salah-less.

However I might opt for Jota back in. That wouldn’t leave me with much for an attacker (6.8) , could go ASM or Eduord who have tasty fixtures.

The alternative is go to Maddison & Iheancho / Antonio.

Leivester are poor but they are scoring plenty & have Norwich after Liverpool who are also conceding plenty.

Advertisement