Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfer thread

Options
  • 26-12-2021 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭

Quick turnaround with the deadline on Tuesday at 11am. So far Arsenal Wolves and Villa Leeds are off. Had wanted to roll the transfer but with games called off will have to reassess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Will Guita be back for palace?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Deadline should move to 13.30 now with the early game being Arsenal - Wolves called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was he confirmed as having covid? I saw Twitter rumours of him Eze and Benteke having it but not sure if it was officially confirmed. If it is offical then it depends on when he got it and how many days of isolation he has completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭COH

I don't know what transfers Ill be making, but I do know that I wont be leaving it til the minute before the deadline to make them!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Oh great. An extra few hours to mull over transfers and invariably mess them up regardless.

• Advertisement

yeah especially after that sh1tshow today, loads of people got caught up in the server crashing. I presume my cup opponent was one of them as he has Ronaldo third on the bench and Maupay captained. I think lots managed to do their transfers but they werent able to pick their team and captains.

Since the deadline has gone to 90 minutes before the first game this season there is less of an advantage in waiting as reliable early team news doesnt seem to come like it did last season when the deadline was 60 minutes before the first kickoff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Keep taking hits to dodge these Covid games. Looks like a hit is inevitable agsin as

Raphina, Watkins & Lacazette are all without a game plus have Duffy also so no bench cover.

ill probably bring in Iheancho as 1 player & then for a hit I can bring in an 8mil midfielder or a 9.3 forward.

Any recommendations? I’d rather keep Raphina then keep either of the strikers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

You know Raphina is being linked with a move to Bayen Munich in January?

Yes but surely they won’t let him go in January. Their in a relegation fight & we know the value of relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I sold him on this basis (plus the covid games)

• Advertisement

There's more of an advantage than ever in waiting, with the likes of the Villa game getting called off late this week. You'd normally commend people on being patient, but so many were patient it backfired and crashed the site

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Hard to navigate these blank GW's.

Serious Salah fear now after Leicester shipped so many.

Looking at Raphinha & Watkins out

Son & 6.5 FWD in (-4)

Maybe Benteke or Edouard as a punt?

I'm not sure but I guess it's not a worry for now. Do you think Iheanacho will play? I'd be looking at Vardy and Maddison for that Norwich fixture at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is what I'm thinking of doing. Thoughts? Using first FH on this. Going 3-5-2 with Tompkins and Dennis as subs

Post edited by eagle eye on

yeah I think it depends how much waiting, those that waited till the very last minute got shafted with the server crash but those who did transfers with 15 minutes to go were fine. Since that Villa game got called off I think the PL have new protocols in place to at least try to postpone games with more notice. They confirmed the Spurs Palace game was on today about an hour before the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The EFL game between Blackburn & Hull was called off within two hours of kick off today when Blackburn supporters had already travelled.

There’s a lot of issues about this as Sky were also due to show the game so I’d imagine we’ll see games being postponed earlier from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

James to Reguilon OR Watkins to Broja ??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Current team is:

Ramsdale, Foster

Reguilon, Rudiger, Cancelo, TAA, Livramento

Foden, Jorginho, Raphinha, Son, ESR

Ronaldo, Laca, Pukki

Only 0.1 mil in bank. I am seriously thinking about another -8 of Foden to Jota, Laca to Firmino & Pukki to Borja.

I know Pukki had a game but changing him to Borja is a long term transfer that frees up funds.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Any suggestions on who to get in. Want to get rid of White because I have triple arsenal. Currently have Trent, James, Cancelo and Reguilon.

Broja as James has a better fixture than Reguilon this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Might actually get In Iheancho & Maddison. I know they have Liverpool but….

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't think I want a Brighton defender. Dalot might be a decent punt. It's my fifth defender so it's a bench slot normally. I'll see how Dalot gets on this weekend. I might also just keep White and roll the transfer. As long as there are no more postponements I will have 10 outfield players but no bench. Swapping out White would just give me bench cover. I would be annoyed if I swapped him out and the player I swapped him out for ends up getting his game cancelled the following week.

Rolling the transfer could help me more if there are postponed games in week 21 and I'll need the transfers for when Salah goes to AFCON and to get rid of James when Chelsea have a few blank weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

He will not be leaving in January. This summer is another matter however

With Robbo suspended I'd have Tsimikas in any free hit team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Planning seems utterly futile at the minute

All the below are IMO, both we could kind of gauge what games look to be going ahead tomorrow.

Palace - Norwich - both clubs have either tried to get a recent game called off, or are publicly not a fan of the 2 games in 3 days. So maybe a game to avoid.

Southampton - Spurs - both clubs seem to have COVID in order.

Watford - West Ham. All on Watford here. They should be cleared by now?

Leicester - Liverpool - Liverpool are in order but Leicester may look for a postponement because of injuries

Chelsea- Brighton - both clubs seem to be ok-ish COVID wise again.

Brentford - Man City - again seen to be ok. City can rotate fresh legs easy, Brentford can't.

Everton - Newcastle - Everton are in trouble with COVID + injuries so this game could be in doubt. It's also far away.

Man Utd - Burnley - both clubs will want to play this game after recent postponements. Man Utd are ok again after their time off. Burnley - I haven't heard of any postponements.

Really it's the Palace - Norwich & Everton - Newcastle games are the ones I would guess that could become doubts. Leeds-Villa & Wolves-Arsenal games were called off early, days before the deadline.

What are those holding double Chelsea defence planning on doing? Im fine holding both James & Alonso for Brighton but after that its Liverpool, City, Spurs and then two blanks for the Club World Cup. Mendy is also off to AFCON meaning Kepa will be back in nets which gives them less likelihood of clean sheets. I think after the Brighton game Alonso has to go for Regulion.

Not sure what to do with James though, going to Dias would seem the obvious option. Think I might have to take a -4 to sell them both as with the Villa & Arsenal fixtures cancelled I can only field 10 right now so cant roll this weeks transfer.

I've been trying to get rid of James for a while now. He's a 0 magnet these days That price rise last night was a blessing as it gives me 0.1 extra sale value.

I'll be getting him out after the Brighton game. I'll hold Rudiger. One Chelsea defender is ok, and I bought Rudiger cheap enough too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Strange price changes last night.

James rises after scoring an OG, difficult fixtures coming up as well as 2 blank GWs for Chelsea arouund the corner

Antonio drops after finally scoring and has great fixtures coming up

I'm guessing most of them were pre-deadline, which might also explain the crash

Anyway, I'm looking to get rid of James for Reguilon soon

Advertisement