Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose Of Tralee now accepting trans applicants (Threadbanned List in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The WOKE don't allow people poke fun at or make jokes about official minorities

They call it " punching down " and even a minority member isn't offended , the WOKE will take offense on their behalf.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

WOKE always has to be in capitals so you can show off the latest buzzword that you don't even know what it means - in this case it's WOKE and you're trying to be all zany and edgy and sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What about transpeople make them a "minority"?

Minority is a traditionally political term referring to ethnicity or a religious population, the minority white regime of South Africa, or the catholic minority of 1960s Northern Ireland.

All races and creeds can be trans, but in itself it is not a functioning demographic minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MTU

Great to see it. Pity the horse and cart generation are ruining it.

It's actually a term used to describe someone who believes there has been a societal injustice committed.

In the case of this thread, the 'injustice' is coming from those who disagree with the move to allow trans women enter the Rose of Tralee.

So therefore, it is you who is 'woke'.

• Advertisement

It encompasses much more than that today in common parlance

"No, it only means what I want it to mean so I have another stupid American-ised word to label the filthy lefty liberals who are too busy watching too many American TV shows."

It means exactly what I said it means. No dancing around can change it.

Stay angry, be woke Mad_marxx.

I don't have to be angry to disagree with a particular kind of politics or ideological thinking but if thinking I'm angry makes you happier, be my guest

Well you're the one coming into the thread giving out about the WOKE and all that craic, when it's something that does not have any impact on your life.

You can pretend not to be angry all you want but if you weren't, you wouldn't be in here showing off the new word you learned while watching That 70s Show and giving out that they ruin everything.

The 'WOKE' that you are giving out about aren't angry here. The angry ones are those who think this is ridiculous, and those comparing it to beastiality (which is quite disturbing, if you ask me).

Yet they aren't WOKE to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

I'm all for diversity, but let them have their own alternative pageant. A bit like the gay weekend in Lisdoonvarna. Traditions and culture is being trampled on in the last few years . They could have their own venue in Tralee, brighten up the town few rainbow flags etc..

I don't see why anyone would want to try to change something that hasn't been broken.

Although I'd love to see Daithi flirting with a convincing trans lady, a friend of mine is very convincing and goes on dating apps and most guys who are interested call themselves straight lol she gets a lot of attention and whatever she emits, the guys are mad about her .....

In fairness when she's done up, she's beautiful.... but she's not into the whole woke liberal rubbish. Shes more old school and has a more conservative view on society....

Which set's her apart from the Karens and Becky's etc

• Advertisement

gaslight to your hearts content if it makes you happy

I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

You came in here, giving out about WOKE people, and now you're deflecting from that conversation when I told you what WOKE meant, and how you were the very definition of it.

If you aren't angry, why do you feel the need to give out about how WOKE people take offense at everything without addressing the actual thread itself?

You saw a post that you agreed with and replied to it with a weird rant about WOKE people, without knowing the very reason of the word.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, you did all of that by yourself and now you're trying to backtrack because you didn't know the meaning of the word.

As for the 'be angry, stay WOKE' remark, that's what some fools here try to say when they're having a go at people who show a hint of progessive ideologies. It was, how would you call it, a joke?

Is all of this over a 'joke' now? Did it offend you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

I don't think you are using that word correctly.

Edit I see that point was already made.

We have already been over this.

If you don't know what a word means you shouldn't be using it willy-nilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No thats nonsense. Minority group can refer to race, religions, ethniticities or sexuality or gender

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Wow such wisdom, you have definitely won the argument.

Minority group membership is typically based on differences in observable characteristics or practices, such as: ethnicity (ethnic minority), race (racial minority), religion (religious minority), sexual orientation (sexual minority), or disability.[2] 

sexual minority is a group whose sexual identityorientation or practices differ from the majority of the surrounding society. Primarily used to refer to LGB or non-heterosexual individuals,[1][2] it can also refer to transgender,[3] non-binary (including third gender[4]) or intersex individuals.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Did someone above just say there is no such thing as a fake refugee. Goodness me, I’ve heard it all now.

So someone who just fancies a new life in Europe and is not actually fleeing persecution or any particular difficulties is a Refugee because they say so?

Lots of genuine refugees but it’s ludicrous to suggest none are fake.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,794 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mad_maxx threadbanned

The gay weekend in Lisdoonvarna was open for everyone but they had their own weekend marked in the calendar. And it was a great weekend I remember the fireworks I was at them all I'm not saying a separate weekend for trans and women in Tralee I'm saying you could have the alternative event at another venue on the same weekend as the original.

Women should not be undermined by a trans person entering the pageant. It's for women. I suppose I'm an old school gay and find the whole scene hijacked by an unnatural culture of victimhood and social justice. We got our equality and I am not going to support underninng the Rose of Tralee by subtracting from the tradition. Oh how I reminisce about the old day's when we were just guys who liked guys and didn't interfere with the straight culture. They should be left have their own paegent and let the tradition go on.

I love that weekend.

Great Post. However I'm surprised you havent been berated for not being progressive and living in 50s Ireland.

It was the same on the Santa got a Boyfriend thread.

Put simply your point which is 100% correct when clearly will it all end.

I think in the interest of inclusion there should be a lobby to balance up the deficiencies of the clear discrimination against trans people and have a mass hiring of trans people in the areas of Refuse collection. Construction site labouring. Fisher man/ Fisher trans. Tarmacadam laying. Lorry driving.

As if we are to be a progressive society we should have a fair mix across all sectors.

As if we dont the demographic who do these jobs etc may feel up set and anxious as they are doing all the easy work while those trans people are spanning around Tralee.

Again why hijack something thats already there which I havent watched in about 30 years.

Why not show some bit of originality and have a trans of tralee or something give people the choice to watch it or not.

This wouldn't happen as 1. It wouldn't cause the media attention it does as mixed. 2. Probably about 7 people would watch it!.

Again I encourage diversity however not at the cost of another group which seems to be the,agenda here and always is in Ireland these days.

This then is countered by the gay/ trans community, as every straight person in Ireland ( who probably voted yes in the marriage referendum) is a homophobe and why cant the Rose of tralee do trans.

I have a programme let all the lads doing the bins roads etc go in to the Rose for a week and let the trans contestants do their jobs.

Great reality show right there now that's inclusion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

I find it disgraceful that they continue to discriminate on the basis of age and gender.

How are women undermined by trans women entering?

I'm a woman, I'm not undermined by trans women in anything I can think of.

Like, they just apply the same as any other woman, it's not like, as an earlier poster seemed to think, that they are automatically in, they are not taking places unfairly. They are just allowed to enter same as any other woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dr Fred

I would have thought it would show how serious someone is going down that road by knowing how far they’ve gone down that road. Seems logical, no?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.

"Sacred Emily" Gertrude Stein. 1913

That's a bit harsh, why would you put them all down the back of the bus ?

• Advertisement

All the homophobe sit on the front everyone knows that!

Advertisement