Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Festive 500?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭secman

Sorry to hear that, hopefully negative 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

The Festive 500 itself says "Ride 500km in eight days" 24th to 31st inclusive = 40km per day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Booked for a PCR tomorrow

one of these lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭cletus

24 - 40

25 - 40

26 - 40

27 - 40

28 - 40

29 - 40

30 - 40

31 - 40

That's a total of 320 😐

Edited to add: unless you're counting in miles, then 40 miles a day would be 64ish km a day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

Another 80km today (220km in) - could be the last. Grit got in where it shouldn't have done on the sodden day 1 and caused some damage. Missus saw the blood today and went mental at me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭cletus

Hope you're all right. At least you can eat and drink until New Year's now with no qualms 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Morris Garren

Are you an accountant? Dept of Finance should head hunt you 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Sure at 50km a day you'd need 10 days for 500...😁 😁

Anyway, festive maths aside I at least made a decent mileage deposit today of 104km. Forecast appears to be wet enough going forward but hey, 320km is well doable 😊

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Waiting to do a PCR test tomorrow so I'm officially done at 25km

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Day two nothing only face stuffing with grub.

Day three 147km at a proper clip & refuelling with Xmas dinner part two!!

Total to date 197km.

Out tomorrow for a decent spin depending on how the legs are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭nilhg

Sat out Xmas Day as usual

Had a funeral to attend this morning, so was out early to get in 81km, total 182 km, hoping not to be under any time constraints tomorrow so hopefully won't need full lights to start and get a nice spin in. My companions in this endevour are planning 70ish, hopefully I'll get in a few more and close the gap on them.

Wet & miserable here today so an earlier than planned retreat to Zwift for this attempt at the F500.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i haven't been out on the bike in a week now. i'd have two hours this morning, but it's just dull and damp here with standing water on the roads so i'm going to do some gardening instead i reckon.

138km today, for a total of 320, felt like hard work for a good bit of it so tomorrow will be an easier day, hopefully a bit of weather dodging will let me finish it outside in good time.

Good man. That's a fair chunk. I racked up another 100. Still not half way (217). But tomorrow not looking too bad.

I'm on 182 so far-- 4 big efforts ahead, probably try 100km+ tomorrow as it might not be wet after all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

207 completed so far. Hope to get 100+k done tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Post edited by nicksnikita on

81kms this morning for a total of 401km, the end is in sight now, we'll see how the legs feel in the morning.

Good man nicksnikita ;)

I went after the most benign 100k I could plot which turned out to be laps of the Blesso small lake and then an N81 run to Hollywood and back.

2 more spins to do it, though I suspect a roller session might be required to make up the total

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Hey Jimm. Yeah, fair play to ya, you were motoring! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

381km unashamedly done on zwift so far.

Jimm only knows one way to cycle..... motoring mode 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Pig sick on the drink last nite —> 0kms today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

500/8=62.5

314/500 done to date. I’ll make it handy and hoping to get 4hrs in tomorrow all going well.

Up to 284km now-- warm but wet weather on the way, did 100km today but it got quite cold in the afternoon. I'm like a typical sprinter, the only point that matters is the finishing line so need roughly 3 x 70 and bit the next 3 days, could end up on the turbo if it lashes

I’d put up a decent argument that 381km on Zwift is harder than 381 on the road .

• Advertisement

Nameless Phil through in a 200km today ..queen of audax.

Advertisement