Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Amazon can be strange with these. Sometimes as soon as you put it onto the post office they refund, and sometimes they want to get it back into the warehouse which can take a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭VanHalen

OK so - what's the story with Amazon Gift Cards - they don't deliver them to Ireland it seems??? I tried a couple and they all say "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location." (Of course you can get the email version but the ones in presentation boxes are much nicer to give)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭I am me123

Got it today (Saturday) sooner than expected so delighted! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 40,089 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ordered a mini PC 6 weeks ago. Just received a refund on all of the VAT I paid. happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

ANybody have experience returning to AMazon.de? I bought a projector, and it doesn't suit me. I would need to have a much larger sitting room. Nothing wrong with it.

First of all, do I have to pay for returning it?

Secondly, will I have to return it to Germany?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Yes to both. You get a set amount (€11 I think) for the return postage costs but if it costs more you can let them know through the chat and they will refund you the full amount. However since there's nothing wrong with it, you may possibly have to pay the return postage costs entirely yourself in this case.

If may be cheaper (and most likely quicker) to use DPD or UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 painter50

I have bought many items from Amazon.de. Sometimes it's like £200 free delivery Vs €200 + €18 delivery. Recently bought from Amazon.de Hisense 4k TV EUR 298,72 +€20 delivery. Price for equivalent Hisense at Amazon .UK was about £298 + vat and delivery. It added up to about €500. The sickening thing was Curry's.ie was selling it for €500. Mod <Snip>don't make suggestions like that .These days you can get good safe euro plug to 3 pin. Recently bought several "schuko plug" to UK plug for my Amazon.de Toaster,ceramic fan heater and several AliExpress bought euro plug items

• Registered Users Posts: 6,480 ✭✭✭deezell

That is interesting. How do they treat black friday offers? I bought nearly half price tech from amazon.de. paid a few € more, about €212 than amazon UK, which worked out about €207 with exchange and extra Vat, and assuming it was delivered without a demand for more. I couldn't risk the delay if anything went pear shaped, had it in 3 days from .de, but I was wondering is everything getting through from amazon UK? Or has anyone had stuff held and had duty applied. The goods were German manufacture, about €400 full value so would they attract duty, and full value vat if ordered from the UK? (or do Amazon just use the UK site as a portal to Eu warehouse?).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Can someone with Prime let me know if they see anything else than "FREE Standard Delivery" with a forecast of 31 December as delivery?

I mean I am fine with that (did not even expect it this year) but for some reason all Prime items for me are showing as "FREE Standard Delivery" with no option for priority delivery on anything.

Never mind, just noticed that in England Monday and Tuesday are also bank holidays so the first working day is Wednesday, so Friday makes sense.

Most items are showing as delivery on Tuesday 28th for me. For example:

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Well than it's back to treating Cork differently, because for the same item you showed, I'm getting "FREE Standard Delivery: get it by Friday, Dec. 31".

And when for a test I swapped my address to Dublin, I'm also getting 28 December!

No priority shipping for Cork!

Thank you very much, never occurred to me to check if AnPost actually works next week or not.

Hopefully Amazon soon starts delivery down here themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

Changed to the 29th as they're delivering antigen tests from HSE to close contacts so post is back a day earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭EarWig

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Saudades

I made a purchase on Amazon.co.uk last week. It had the delivery date due as 30th December so I put the delivery address down as my workplace (Dublin) as I'll be at work that day.

Now they've sent me an update saying they will deliver on the 28th. My workplace will be closed (until the 30th), there won't even be a security guy onsite to collect the item.

On the tracking page, there is an update delivery instructions box, but the only option is 'If I'm not in, leave my package at a safe place'. There is no safe place there.

Will the courier call me to arrange a new date, or will it just be sent back to the UK? Presumably if they attempted one re-delivery, it would be the next day 29th. I'm not too familiar with Amazon, do they use An Post or do they have their own couriers?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,800 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Id suggest calling Amazon or using their live chat

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Saudades

Thanks, didn't know they had a chat facility. I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,800 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah, you can get them on live chat here. Im not sure how they operate today but in the link I posted you can also choose for them to call you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

It's unlikely even Amazon do. Take it as a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

Hi. Just been through chat with Amazon CS to return a faulty product. They have issued a refund and a credit for the difference in the amount to reorder it. I have to ship and pay for it via courier (parcelmonkey using DHL) at €41 then email Amazon proof of payment and they will refund. Very complicated imho. But anyhow… I don’t have the email as it was in the chat and that disappeared when the agent ended the chat.

so… does anyone have that email address to share please? Thanks.

I have to print out a separate commercial invoice to "give to my courier". I also need to attach a commercial invoice to the package.

Apparently it's for customs. But why is that needed if it's between Ireland and EU? In fact it's going to a fulfilment centre in Slovakia apparently, which is in the EU.

I will get a courier to pick it up. Do I just give the loose sheet of paper/invoice to the courier guy?

Finally - can somebody recommend a good courier that won't f&CK this up? It's an expensive piece of electronics and this returns process seems like an awful dose of a rigamarole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

I won't be very helpful as I also don't know why, but had the same experience - purchased on .de and returned to Slovakia. I was advised to put in two copies of the invoice in the plastic sleeve and attach it with a sellotape the way that someone could take a copy without using a knife. Couriers aren't cheap to Slovakia. Amazon rep told me I can get a refund if I send them a receipt of postage (they didn't give me a free return) but I never got back even after sending them a postage receipt so they only refunded for the item but not the post. I checked all main couriers but An Post for me was the cheapest. If you want, you can get an insurance or value the item when sending. I guess, DHL, UPS, DPD, Fastway or similar would be better in this case, rather than posting.

When you say "the plastic sleeve" which sleeve is this? I don't have any plastic sleeve

I'm a student so I always have plastic sleeves in my home. You can get it in Mr Price or sometimes Lidl middle racks. Amazon don't provide this for free. I guess, an envelope could do the trick, but again, it shouldn't be closed so someone can take a copy easily.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Parcel2go or UPS directly. If its expensive I’d do it the way they ask.

Ok gotcha. Did you put two invoices in the one plastic sleeve, or sellotape two separate plastic sleeves to the package? Each one with an invoice.

You don't need to attach any customs forms. They're only needed for the UK or elsewhere outside the EU. I've returned items to Amazon UK's Dunfermline fulfillment centre and the UPS driver did ask for the invoice.

I've used UPS lots of times to various EU countries without issue, although collections have been a bit disorganised lately (showing up late or multiple times). They used to be pretty much flawless in my area. I see DPD aren't doing collections at all at the moment for individual shippers. There's probably staff shortages like everywhere.

UPS rates are the same for shipping to every EU country (except Cyprus and Malta) and they start from €23. You'd want to add extra insurance since it's expensive.

I actually got an An Post return label from Amazon for the first time in a good while. You don't seem to get the instant refunds when it's received at the post office anymore.

I used one sleeve. As above, Amazon maybe is confused after Brexit as we shouldn't attach these type of documents when posting from Ireland to the EU, but maybe Amazon is trying to be safe wanting not to get confused with Northern Ireland, or maybe it's for Amazon themselves to manage returned easier. I don't know. It wasn't hard for me to sellotape a sleeve with two sheets so I did.

• Advertisement

Me back again.

So apparently no courier in the entire universe will ship my product. It's a projector, with a built in battery. Amazon sent me a battery warning label to stick on the side of the package. (although it didn't have this when they sent it to me)

Any idea how I can get this fecking thing back to Amazon?

I'm using the Parcel2Go website, and in the big massive list of prohibited items is:

• Batteries And Items Containing Built In Batteries Like Hover Boards, Certain Phones Etc.

They say if a prohibited item is found in the courier network, it may be disposed of.

Any ideas?

Advertisement