Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post returning packages from outside the EU-See 1st post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Is this a larger problem now? Just wondering because I'm not getting any parcels through, non-EU or EU, An Post or couriers. Recently ordered some clothing from UK, was supposed to go without a hitch, all handled by the store and delivered by a courier. It was rejected before it even arrived in Ireland and returned by the courier back to the shop. I've got parcels that should be coming from inside Ireland or EU and they are all delayed, not sure if they will ever come. At this point I might as well stop buying anything and tell everyone thinking of sending me a Christmas present not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Are you missing many from EU countries, and what delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RayJ

eCommChargeQuery@anpost.ie is the email address.

But this team is absolutely useless, it's over 4 months since I requested the refund for the overcharge they applied. Different people email me about every fortnight, apologising and blaming the 20 month long Covid problem. The latest email today says that they "have now escalated this to the Refunds Manager, who will expedite your request in due course."

What the heck does that even mean? Do they know what an oxymoron is?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

I've emailed them with no reply twice now, I've no intention of paying the overcharge in fairness to the company who shipped it they're willing to send another FOC but I said to hold off as I want to try fix it with AnPost first and if not I'll send to a UK relative and have them resend it so I'm sure of getting it. I'll give it until Wednesday then take them up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭deezell

They've sent back any amount of personal packets from UK family abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Damn, I haven't had anything in a while but got some medical supplies back in March without issue so was hoping it would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Had to change my online purchasing strategy in last few months

UK - only order from Amazon now as their packages get through ok and the VAT is dealt with properly at checkout so no hidden surprises.

Japan - only order if seller ships via DHL or Fedex

Am looking at buying something from Sweden - is that safe enough to risk An Post?

Two inside Ireland, one from Denmark at the moment, all of them not hugely delayed but about a week at the moment. And then there's the two from UK, one of them resent and "delayed" and one stuck in Dublin mail centre.

This is getting ridiculous with nothing moving anywhere. I have already prepared everyone for the likely outcome of not having much of a Christmas this year, the plan was to get one or two presents for family members but at the moment it seems no-one will be getting anything unless it can be found in a store right here in this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I have something coming from Sweden right now. Tracking says it's moving, but hasn't left there yet. I'll let you know if it has any problems. It should be OK as Sweden is in the EU, and therefore An Post have no reason to send anything back.

I am assuming it's not just An Post anymore but courier firms too. DPD has now returned my order from UK twice and the shop won't send it again. No reason given from the shop or from DPD. I guess Ireland is now blacklisted or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The sender needs to find out from DPD. It shouldn’t be the same scenario as An Post

They tried. DPD won't give them any reason for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It sounds maybe like the exporter isn't doing the paperwork correctly and DPD can't clear it. Have you had shipments from them this year already? A lot of UK exporters just can't seem to get their head around Brexit still.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just an update on my situation.

My fortnightly orders from uk since may kept getting sent back so I was missing 14 at this stage.

4 arrived today in the one box but they arrived by fastway.

No customs charge but parcel has a cn22 label and contains a 10 digit taric code.

So some bit of progress eventually, hopefully the rest on the way.

I had to check because it's been a while. No I actually haven't. The order was from Dorothy Perkins which was bought by Boohoo in February. Everyone kept telling me they've got things in order but now that I checked, I cannot find any information on how they are handling things post-Brexit. They have their Irish online store but lately I haven't heard if anyone has managed to order from them. For some reason they refused to send it via Royal Mail & An Post but I guess that would've been a fail too. But I'm derailing the conversation.

As for my An Post parcel, it's apparently still waiting to be routed because of the chaos in the mail centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I've just had the 8th or so case of this so far this year - I've had 2 orders go missing from the US (both had problem custom forms), 2nd of 2 from UK last week, and at least 3 more, except that unlike yourselves I lost 2 packages from inside the EU and 1 from Cork (was the same week as 2 other packages went missing, 1 US and 1 from Germany).

All except for the latest UK case were accommodating and resent the orders without addition cost to me. I am waiting on An Post's excuse for the latest but part of the issue in many instances is that they don't clearly mark what the problem was on their website - so they might report it as "undeliverable" when the problem was actually a missing or incorrect customs form. What I did notice earlier in the year was that 4 of the missing deliveries were sent via DHL packaging services (2 in the US, 1 in Poland and 1 in Germany), so its possible that there was inconsistencies there regarding DHL. All of this started in July, and prior to this in about 10 years I think I've missed about 2 packages. Its not just smaller sellers.

It would actually help if An Post recorded this properly on their website, as the latest UK case is using the excuse that An Post "tried" to deliver even though I told her that they won't release UK packages for delivery (it was a package worth £51 pounds) without duty and VAT being collected, which never happened. Seriously, there needs to be somewhere to collate the list of failed deliveries and record them, because its happened to me a lot, on at least 3 occasions with Irish or EU orders as well as non EU.

No - a magazine I subscribe to was sending via Sweden and issues suddenly started taking 6-8 weeks to arrive, with about 1/4 of issues going missing, they've since changed to a German printer and the problems stopped. But I did order a couple of items from a 3d printer supplier in Malmo and both arrived quickly within a week in normal post. Might be ok if using a courier?

Yes - seeing this also - if you phone them or put in a support request sometimes they do dig and tell you it was a customs issue.

But if your sender sees this they then have a handy excuse to blame you and the post service for this, even if it was actually a customs form incorrectly filled.

Might point out here that I've had particular issues with DHL packaging facilities in Germany, Poland and the US, and of the 7+ parcels that mysteriously got returned (or vanished) this year, 4 were from DHL - there might be a particular issue with that provider.

The problem with DHL is when non EU deliveries are shipped via their EU incoming (Expert) customs clearance facility in Niederaula in Germany. They scan, clear for customs, and often relabel your goods then forward it to the respective EU country using it's postal service for the last leg. It's now got an EU origin. AnPost are having none of it though, and without explanation, or an attempt to establish any charges due, they will return your packet. But to Niederaula, not to your supplier. They will update your tracking as 'Delivered', ffs, and you're left staring into the empty post box. It was only when I entered the tracking no. into a DHL tracker that I seen the true destination of my packet. Packets returned here often enter a black hole according to other blogs I read. At least my supplier was aware of the packets fate, so they processed a refund, without any idea of the next move of the goods, but it was not possible to reship from this limbo. I've yet to reorder, the noises from this thread and the blacklisting of Ireland packet post by Australian postal services only leaves me DHL as an option. It would seem that rubber stamping a packet as having an EU customs cleared status so that it can be reshipped in the internal market, with a valid EU compliant label is not being accepted by AnPost. You'd need a degree to manually sort mail with all these extra rules, the default response is return, which is akin to dispose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lalko60

Hello everyone,

Due to the ongoing issues with Anpost in Ireland, Japan Post has published a guide on how to send goods to Ireland - I cannot post the link (I registered a few months ago), but you can check Japan Post website Notifications on international mail, dated Dec 1st.

This guide relates to Ireland and Ireland alone, not the EU. (Quite unprecedented, if you ask me!)

I have had a parcel rejected by Anpost (From Japan) recently. I decided to have it sent it back from Japan to France. This time, no issues at all. Local Post Office phoned my brother, collected the VAT and fee (Reasonable VAT, based on the value indicated on the invoice) and delivered the parcel. Easy enough, hassle-free.

Then, my brother posted the item to me from France, which was then delivered without any issues.

Hope it helps,

Marco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

thank you so much for sharing, I'm linking it around now, most of my friends that also had parcels sent back was orders from Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The Ireland one is dated 01 Dec. There is also a general warning from 18 Nov about the EU.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2021/1118_01_en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

• Six months now and still waiting, actually I've written it off but it's entertaining to watch its progress as it meanders its way around the worlds shipping services.
    • It's with Easyship now, whoever they are?

• 16 Dec 2021
    • 05:48
    • Your shipment is being returned due to issues encountered.
    • United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 16 Nov 2021
    • 11:54
    • Your shipment is being returned due to issues encountered.
    • United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 20 Oct 2021
    • 14:09
    • Arrived at origin return facility
    • Melrose Park, IL, US
    •  DHL ECOMMERCE
    • 13 Sep 2021
    • 18:31
    • Processing completed at origin
    • Niederaula, DE
    •  DHL ECOMMERCE
    • 13 Sep 2021
    • 14:50
    • Enroute to origin return facility [reason unknown]
    • Niederaula, DE
    •  DHL ECOMMERCE
    • 13 Sep 2021
    • 14:28
    • Undeliverable [reason unknown]
    • Niederaula, DE
    •  DHL ECOMMERCE
    • 13 Sep 2021
    • 14:28
    • Processed
    • Niederaula, DE
    •  DHL ECOMMERCE
    • 13 Sep 2021
    • 14:21
    • UNDELIVERABLE - RETURNED TO SENDER
    • IPZ Niederaula, DE, Germany
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 13 Sep 2021
    • 14:21
    • Undeliverable - returned to sender
    • IPZ Niederaula, DE
    •  DHL ECOMMERCE
    • 13 Sep 2021
    • 07:10
    • Package received at DHL eCommerce distribution center
    • Niederaula, DE
    •  DHL ECOMMERCE
    • 25 Aug 2021
    • 14:10
    • DEPARTED FROM LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    • IEDUBA, IE, Ireland
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 25 Aug 2021
    • 13:56
    • PROCESSED AT LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    • IEDUBA, IE, Ireland
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 24 Aug 2021
    • 14:54
    • ARRIVAL IN COUNTRY
    • IRELAND, Ireland
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 24 Aug 2021
    • ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION COUNTRY
    • IRELAND, Ireland
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 24 Aug 2021
    • ARRIVAL IN COUNTRY
    • DUBLIN FWD, IE, Ireland
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 23 Aug 2021
    • 05:08
    • PROCESSED AT TRANSIT FACILITY
    • GERMANY, Germany
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 23 Aug 2021
    • 05:08
    • ARRIVED AT TERMINAL LOCATION
    • FRANKFURT, DE, Germany
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 26 Jul 2021
    • 16:19
    • Processing at Consolidation Center
    • United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 25 Jul 2021
    • 08:02
    • Arrived at Consolidation Center. Shipment is being processed.
    • CINCINNATI, OH, 45235, USA, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 24 Jul 2021
    • 10:06
    • Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    • CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 24 Jul 2021
    • 10:02
    • Arrived at Post Office
    • CINCINNATI, OH, 45235, USA, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 23 Jul 2021
    • 09:45
    • Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    • PITTSBURGH PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 22 Jul 2021
    • 11:21
    • CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 22 Jul 2021
    • 08:40
    • Departed USPS Facility
    • INDIANAPOLIS, IN, 46242, USA, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 22 Jul 2021
    • 04:38
    • Arrived at USPS Facility
    • INDIANAPOLIS, IN, 46242, USA, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 21 Jul 2021
    • 06:55
    • Departed USPS Regional Facility
    • YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 21 Jul 2021
    • 04:18
    • YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 21 Jul 2021
    • 02:00
    • Departed USPS Regional Facility
    • FORT MYERS FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 20 Jul 2021
    • 19:49
    • Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    • FORT MYERS FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, United States
    •  EASYSHIP
    • 20 Jul 2021
    • 16:31
    • USPS in possession of item
    • PORT CHARLOTTE, FL, 33948, USA, United States
    •  EASYSHIP

That is epic. The Niederaula paradox again. It's in the EU 4 weeks after you ordered, home and dry. Oh no It's not, says an Post. Almost a mirror of mine, 22nd July dispatch, right up to the return to Germany. Prompted by your saga, just checked there for the crack, there's a new entry I hadn't seen before for late September, on its way from Germany back to Australia, by rowing boat or something, cos there's no further entries after that. The packet is better travelled than I am. 6 month world cruise.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JRH

Hi Folks , iv had things returned like everyone , this is the most recent , can anyone tell what the sender could have done different ?

MESSAGE FROM SELLER

Hi joe

It’s made it’s way back here ,

Along with 80 per cent of everything I try to send across there - they’ve got to be going out of thier way to arkward as sending stuff to Australia /states etc don’t need half this lot

Here’s the pics of the Jiffy bag - with the tariff code - and iOSs tax paid symbol - I’m not sure what else I can add to the parcels

I’ll refund you so hopefully I can recoup my selling charges

But I can’t get the postage charge back - at the moment I’m in the hundreds now with postage I’ve paid and can’t claim , if it carries on like this I’m going to have to fall in line with other sellers and take it off the postal list

Take a look see if you can spot what’s missing !

New message from: chasemg

(32,138

)

€10 postage down the drain.

Post edited by deezell on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Can see your name and phone number in that first pic....

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Imageanpost1.jpgUploaded 7:52 pm359.69 KB

I know but i figured iv nothing to hide , anyone who wants to steal my solid alloy gear knob .... i dont have it ! :v

Advertisement