Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"What are you watching this weekend?"

Most people: "The Witcher"

Me: "Spy Rac... I mean The Witcher"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Grudge (2020) - An investigator follows the trail of a grisly case back to a cursed house harboring a tangled, gruesome history -- and an ugly, boundless rage.

Body Cam (2020) - After the grisly death of her colleague, a police officer investigating the case discovers something supernatural is targeting the cops in her unit

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oh delighted the final season of superstore is finally there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Homelander

Just watched Bruised, actually a terribly uninspired and cheesy film, that looks cheap despite presumably being otherwise. Baffling casting as well - was interested to see Lela Loren among the cast but she literally has one line in a 3 second scene - bizarre stuff, why even bother.

Halle Berry looking exceptionally well for 55 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone else getting autoplay trailers for Korean weekly shows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Just finished 137 shots..recommend..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭apache

Watched Two, a bizarre movie about two people who wake up sewn together. Mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Good acting alright but the story was just far too grim for me. Dont watch it for you're looking for something uplifting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭dublin49

tough watch but ending was well worked and overall definitely worth a look,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If life could be only rainbows and unicorns😉

I must admit I did watch Stepbrothers after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

The Salisbury poisonings is very good so far

The Girl from Oslo (2021) Season 1 - (Hebrew) When her daughter is abducted, a Norwegian diplomat travels to the Middle East, banking on old friends -- and a deep secret -- to help free her.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Binge watched the entire new season post booster today. Didn't go the way I expected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,331 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It was good wasn't it!

Didn't get much hype versus squid game. The creator has a plan for one seemingly but nothing confirmed by Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just finished unforgivable here, in floods of tears.

Sandra Bullock is outstanding. Yes it's heartbreaking, but such is life.

One of best films I've seen in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Am half way through this and imo it's very good.

Elite Short Stories: Samuel Omar (2021) Season 1 (Spanish) - When Samuel is threatened with eviction from his childhood home, Omar proposes an alluring idea to raise money

Battle of Dunkirk: From Disaster to Triumph (2018) - This documentary revisits the bravery and inspiring stories of the battle that changed the tide of WWII, told by the veterans who were actually there.

Coral Reef (2013) - This nature documentary takes a mesmerizing journey into the incredibly diverse marine life supported by coral reefs in the Indo-Pacific.

An Irish Story: This Is My Home (2020) - This documentary follows two Irish immigrant musicians as they attempt to break a world record by performing in all 50 U.S. states in just 40 days.

Death of a Gentleman (2015) - Lifelong fans of cricket, two filmmakers join a devoted player and uncover the realities of a historic sport reshaped by a corrupt, powerful few.

Bowie: The Man Who Changed the World (2016) - Experience an inside look at David Bowie's incredible influence on music, art and culture via interviews with some of the people who knew him best

The Undateables (2018) Season 9 This uplifting reality series follows single people with disabilities who sign up with a dating agency to help find an understanding romantic partner

Added

Grumpy Christmas (2021) (Spanish) - A family trip to the beach turns crazy when Servando and Alicia, Alma's willful aunt, start an over-the-top competition to control Christmas

im Gaffigan: Comedy Monster (2021) - Comedy icon Jim Gaffigan offers some thoughts on the hot mess that was 2021, as well as his takes on marching bands, billionaires in space and more.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Damien360

Just watched The Unforgivable with Sandra Bullock. This is a genuinely brilliant movie with fantastic acting throughout. Very much worth a watch.

• Advertisement

The TV show it is based on, Unforgiven is better in my opinion, it stars suranne Jones and was created by the brilliant Sally Wainwright (happy valley)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Big shouts for The Unforgiveable on here. Must definately give that a go. I read up a bit about it, and got the impression that it was a really slow movie, so that was kinda offputting. I have a decent amount of patience, so will give it a spin.

Emily in Paris (2021) Season 2 - After landing her dream job in Paris, Chicago marketing exec Emily Cooper embraces her adventurous new life while juggling work, friends and romance

Your Home, Made Perfect (2020) 2 Seasons - Homeowners choose between two different architects vying to redo their homes using virtual reality renderings that showcase their makeover designs

The Island with Bear Grylls (2019) 2 Seasons - Bear Grylls narrates this reality show in which participants test their survival skills on a remote island for several weeks

WWII in Color: Road to Victory (2021) Season 1 - Gripping historical footage and expert commentary give detailed insights into the leading figures and decisive turning points of World War 

added

Post edited by peteeeed on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Stunned to see The Blue Lagoon on Netflix, I'd have thought that film would be definitely taboo these days since Brooke Shields was only 14 when it was filmed and while it's supposedly a body double for the nude scenes, that would surely still fall under "depiction of a minor"...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I gave this a shot, expecting not to like it as some critics have panned it [currently 39% on RT] , but it's decent, with solid perfornaces all-round. I think the critics were very harsh on this one. I think going into it with no expectations as I did is the best course

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not sure if I said it already, but started watching Community again off the back of a YouTube video. Still holds up so well, but those early Season 1 episodes are strange beasts to watch. The bones of how the show became the cult hit are all there, but there lots of ways the structure is "off" a little. The most obvious being the character dynamics: Troy & Pierce are, bizarrely, a duo; Pierce himself is more likeable than the villain he becomes; Dean barely features.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Yeh it's weird. I actually really like the first season, like you said the bones are there but it's still wrapped in what was a very traditional sitcom feel. I think that really holds Community back is the reference humour, it is so of its time that it will only ever of cult classic status. Go On was a sitcom a few years later with Matthew Perry and I think it was trying to be the next Community but a community college was a far better setting a misfit comedy than a grief support group.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Your Home, Made Perfect is top tier BBC home improvement viewing.

RE: Community, I had very little time for Season 1 when it first aired and found it a bit of a slog to get through. It was only when it later dipped its toes into the high concept episodes that I fully fell for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

A few people have said that about Community. I gave up on it after about 4 episodes; there was just no bite to it. Can I just skip season 1, or is it an initiation one must go through to fully appreciate the later seasons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I was listening to a rewatch podcast for it and one of the hosts was saying that if she's ever recommending it, she recommends they start with S01E09 (Debate 109) which is a very good episode and definitely marks a turning point.

Advertisement