Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I watched Robin Robin last night. Bit disappointed to be honest, but I think that's my own fault. It's very much a made for kids thing. It's very cute and there are worse ways to kill half an hour, but it's not up to Aardman's usual standards in terms of story or humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,034 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Single all the way is a very easy little cheesy Christmas watch, good cast as far as these kind of things go

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Go Dog Go (2021)Season 2 - Handy and inventive pup Tag chases adventure with her best pal, Scooch, solving problems and helping the citizens of Pawston along the way

Centaurworld (2021) Seasons 2 - On a quest to reunite with her trusty rider, a fearless war horse journeys through a whimsical world filled with magic, adventure and singing centaurs

Nicole Byer: BBW (Big Beautiful Weirdo) (2021) - Karens gone wild. Cat funerals. Trying to hook up during lockdown. Nicole Byer gets delightfully down and dirty in her first Netflix comedy special.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

VILLAIN. Craig Fairbrass doing his usual gangster schtick - shooting rivals ,biting off earlobes, dismembering corpses - as well as showing his "softer" side trying to reconnect with estranged daughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭Damien360

Absolutely dreadful. Managed to get 32 minutes into it and had to give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Harriet (2019).

I'm probably a little late to the party on this one, but a very enjoyable film. Went researching afterwards, hugely interesting history behind it.

Drunk History did a good telling of Harriet Tubman, I belive it was called Harriet Tubman Leads an Army of Bad Bitches

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Ugh, why? The 2020 one was terrible. I assume even Brooker thought so given that he's not involved in this.

Titans (2021) Seasons 3 - After striking out on his own, Batman's former partner Dick Grayson encounters a number of troubled young heroes in desperate need of a mentor.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just spent a great three hours or so watching Colin in Black and White. A black football quarterback brilliantly tells his life story and the insidious racism he faced. 9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Just watched '71, a film set in Belfast during the Troubles.

Highly entertaining. Had never before heard of it which surprised me. Would absolutely recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I would definitely second this. Very gripping film.

The Family That Sings Together: The Camargos (2021) Season 1 (Brazilian) Surrounded by family and friends, Zezé Di Camargo and daughter Wanessa spend time together and collaborate creatively in this exclusive reality series.

Amsterdam to Anatolia (2019) - This short film follows the forbidden encounter of two star-crossed lovers, an Arab man and a woman of Anatolian origin

Marjoun and the Flying Headscarf - Following her dad's detainment on dubious terror charges, a Lebanese-American teen navigates her identity in Arkansas with a motorcycle and a headscarf.

Last Men in Aleppo (2017) (Arabic ) The devastating Syrian civil war is brought to life through the eyes of a group of volunteer rescue workers in Aleppo known as the White Helmets..

Added

The Day will Come - Danish drama set in the 60's at an orphanage. This could of easily been filmed in Ireland with priests and nun's instead, at least we weren't alone as a country doing horrible things to children decades ago. Its about 2 young bothers sent to live in an orphanage run by sadistic teachers and a brutal headmaster doing things 'for the good of the boys'. Its harrowing to say the least, and well worth a watch if you can stomach it.

Cowboy beebop cancelled by netflx

How to Ruin Christmas: Season 2 (2021) – Looking forward to a quiet Christmas this time around, family rebel and black sheep, Tumi Sello’s plans get ruined, and so does Christmas, when a death affecting the Sello and Twala families sees her guilt-tripped into helping with the planning of a Christmas funeral. When the funeral planning goes pear- shaped, all judgmental eyes fall on Tumi, and once again, she has to spend the next couple days trying to clear hers and the Sello name by saving a Christmas funeral from absolute disaster.

Saturday Morning All Star Hits! Season 1 (2021) – Saturday Morning All Star Hits! is an adult animated and live action hybrid series celebrating all that is 80s and 90s television. Wildly irreverent and slightly disturbing, twin hosts Skip and Treybor (Kyle Mooney) take us on a trip through the Saturday Morning cartoon experience.

The Unforgiveable (2021) – Based on the three-part British series Unforgiven, it follows Ruth Slater (Sandra Bullock), who, after serving a sentence for a violent crime, is released from prison to re-enter a society that refuses to forgive her past. Facing severe judgment from the place she once called home, her only hope for redemption is finding the estranged younger sister she was forced to leave behind.

Seberg (2021) – Kristen Stewart is magnetic in this thoughtful drama about politics, privacy and personal conviction.

Two (2021) – Two strangers awaken to discover their abdomens have been sewn together, and are further shocked when they learn who’s behind their horrifying ordeal.

Back to the Outback (2021) – They might look dangerous, but these wildly misunderstood creatures have hearts of gold — and they’re breaking out of captivity on a quest in this animated film featuring the voices of Isla Fisher, Eric Bana, Guy Pearce and Tim Minchin.

Anonymously Yours (2021) – After an accidental text message turns into a digital friendship, Vale and Alex start crushing on each other without realizing they’ve met in real life.

Aranyak: Season 1 (2021) – Political ploys, personal agendas and a beastly myth all surface as two mismatched hill station cops navigate a web of suspects after a puzzling murder.

Still Out of My League (2021) – After breaking up with her dreamboat, Marta finds love with an artist. But life throws a few twists into the mix for the ailing woman and her friends.

Tiger King: The Doc Antle Story (2021) -This "Tiger King" docuseries details disturbing allegations of sexual abuse, violence and misconduct by big cat zoo owner Bhagavan "Doc" Antle.

Twentysomethings: Austin (2021) 1 Season 1 - In this coming-of-age reality series set in Austin, Texas, 20-somethings navigate love and friendship and start a new adventure: life.

Seberg (2019) - In 1960s LA, actor Jean Seberg becomes the target of an FBI investigation as a result of her support for the Black Panthers. Based on a true story.

Between Two Women (2004) - A working-class mother in Northern England struggles mightily with her feelings for her 10-year-old son's exuberant female teacher.

The Yukon Assignment (2018) - This documentary follows two explorers on a father-son adventure as they canoe through the Canadian wilderness and depend on each other for survival.

The Raven On The Jetty (2015) - A troubled young boy visits his estranged father in the Lake District and becomes fascinated with the death and decay in the landscape around him..

Cradle of Fear (2001) - Even though child killer Kemper is locked up in an asylum, he finds a way to continue his bloody spree through his devoted servant, who's eager to exact vengeance on those who put away his master.

The War Below (2021) - During World War I, a British officer recruits a group of miners for a daring plan to tunnel beneath no man's land and set bombs behind enemy lines.

Surf's Up (2007) - This Oscar-nominated animated comedy goes behind the scenes at the Penguin World Surfing Championship to get a close-up look at the inventors of surfing

Clive Davis: The Soundtrack of Our Lives (2017) - This music-driven documentary charts Clive Davis' 50-year career as one of the world's most influential record moguls.

Saturday Morning All Star Hits! (2021) Season 1 - Wildly irreverent and slightly disturbing, this adult animation, live-action hybrid celebrates the campy, Saturday-morning shows of the '80s and '90s

Added

Post edited by peteeeed on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Haven’t seen it yet but after seeing your post I saw the reaction of people in Japan

really liked the comment “Netflix is where productions go to die” - no truer words

I’m on season 2 of Dragon Prince

Fantastic story, greater adventure and great characters just like The Last Airbender - and just like The Last Airbender a woefully bad sense of humour. Fart jokes are not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I suppose they're looking at the analytics of everything, if a show isn't quite doing the numbers they'll just move onto the next one.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Bad Boys for Life (2020) - Even bad boys grow up, and Miami cop Marcus is ready for his well-deserved retirement -- until partner Mike is targeted by a cutthroat drug cartel.

The Hungry and the Hairy (2021) Season1 (Korean) - On the motorbike road trip of their dreams, buddies Rain and Ro Hong-chul relax and unwind as they delight in tasty eats and scenic locales around Korea.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Click and collect is well worth a Cmas watch

Only 50 minutes long so it was ideal for a Sunday morning watch in bed :@

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That Unforgivable with Sandra Bullock is excellent. She really can act.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Watched it over the weekend. Didn't think it was great at all. Cumberbatch played his character very well but apart from the last 5 minutes nothing really interesting happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,034 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I know it has been out a while but I have to say really enjoying the Swedish show love and anarchy. Very fun light watch.

Blurb below

A married consultant and a young IT technician assign each other challenges that question societal norms in a flirtatious game leading to unintended consequences.

I watched that a few months ago and enjoyed it too. I believe a second series is coming at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Agreed. With the added bonus of the re-emergence of John Boy! Where has he been?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Watched it last night. Very good film. It kind of reminded me of Mystic River. Highly recommend it.

• Advertisement

Russell Howard: Lubricant (2021) Limited Series - This two-part special features comic Russell Howard's delayed-yet-delighted return to the stage and a look at his life during an unexpected lockdown..

The Future Diary (2021) Season 1 (Japanese) - In this reality series, complete strangers meet and receive a diary holding the script to their very own love story. Will true romance follow?.

Countdown (2019) - When a nurse downloads an app that predicts the user's exact time of death, she discovers she has three days to beat the clock and change her fate..

Trigger Happy TV (2001) Season 2- In this hidden-camera show, comedian Dom Joly devises outrageous sketches and acts them out in public places to get a rise out of random passersby.

Bonus Family (2019) Season 4 (Swedish) - A new couple, their exes and their children navigate the emotional challenges and tricky logistics of blended family life in this Swedish dramedy

Added

Advertisement