Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

I just assumed she was wearing 'fast shoes' too. Fair play to her. For those more in the know, how much of a difference would the 'fast shoes' make in terms of time improvement?

Also, if she wasn't wearing 'fast shoes', how much harder will it be for her to recover for Sundays XC? Impossible question to answer but it will be even more impressive if she toes the line on Sunday and is competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

You are probably correct re that picture, but that's the Olympic Marathon, not the Valencia marathon. The pictures I linked are from last Sunday in Valencia. I'd be 99 % sure that they are the Asics Metaspeed Sky. Swashbuckler, it is over to you 🤣

Anyway, what does it matter. She ran a great race. Fair play to her. Great to see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Haha ye have too much faith in me...looks the the metaspeed sky yeah. Its an interesting one though. Eilish McColgan is sponsored by Asics so she wears nothing but Asics for all her road and track races and training. You'd wonder what she'd manage if she was able to throw on the supershoes . Little plug for Eilish actually. She's well worth following on Facebook or Instagram. Posts a lot of clips of her training and general daily life. And interacts with fans with questions too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Paddy1234

I don’t see any thread for the European Cross Country on Sunday. Is anyone going? I see from the email that they want everybody to get shuttle bus from M3 Parkway. Does anyone know if there would be anywhere nearby the Sports Campus to park? Don’t fancy driving and then having to hop on a bus. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Loadsa parking in rosemount biz park, 15 min walk.

seriously though, parking in dunboyne is a joke, there will be people having to travel further to get to dunboyne. there must be abput 50,000 parking spaces free around rosemount and ballycoolin on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Paddy1234

Thanks Jamule. I figured that but don’t know the area. Cheers for the heads up. I was thinking Dunboyne sounded ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

So other than the GOAT who's your main draw tomorrow?

Me I'm looking forward to watching Nick Griggs in the U20.

Parking in Corduff might be handier than Rosemount.

• Advertisement

shush, thats where i'll be going, but it will be scarce

Griggs , the relay should be great craic, and Jimmy doing something stupid at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Whoa, hold on there a minute. What's this about parking in Dunboyne. Isn't the m3 Parkway the designated park spot? Is that in Dunboyne?.

Surely there is closer parking than that? Bearing in mind I'll be travelling for 2 hrs from the other direction

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

Any TV channel or an internet stream showing the European Cross Country Championships?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

The under 23 mens race was brilliant, delighted to see us place 2nd. A great fight to the end for McElhinney & a gold for the team...brilliant

Post edited by Laineyfrecks on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Brilliant mens under 23 race, great viewing. Individual silver and team gold for Ireland.

Healy placed 5th, she just couldn't keep up with top 4 as they broke away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

Great television. I love seeing competitors collapsing over the line, after giving it everything, compare them to alot of premiership 300k a week soccer players who at the end of a game are hardly sweating or caring about the result..

• Advertisement

Such a cracking race. Darragh is a warrior, looked so cool.

The noise and buzz here during it was incredible.

You are there? Yeah the atmosphere looks great!

Yep, managed to park myself at a great spot about 40m from the tape. I'm 6 feet away from the relay handover, so can't wait to see this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This relay has been fantastic running from the Irish runners, Ciara had a great run to kick it off.

Brilliant I'd say its great there! The relay looks great, all down to the last leg now!

Ingebrigtsen is pure class to watch. Well done to Brian Fay finishing in 10th place, some talent in that race

Post edited by Laineyfrecks on

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭patob

Great effort by Fionnuala McCormack again, the marathon last weekend surely affected her form today. I guess the marathon is her main focus now?

Jacob is just awesimeamazzing. great run from faye, pity about the tobin been injured ( mcilehenny would have got us a senior medal).

women wern't great, finn faded badly, not sure how finoula managed 9th.

Griggs was dissapointed , said he got a stich, he battled well to get the medal for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Ceepo

What a phenomenon day out, I'm still buzzing after it. Weather holding up certainly helped.

Some savage performance out there today. Performance of the day for me was Denmark Axel Christensen blowing away the field in the u/20 race.

Darragh Mac had a blinder and delighted to see the team taking the top spot.

Probably should have had another medal in the mixed relay. Savage run from Alex Bell to bring GB back into it.

Unfortunately our senior ladies apart for Fionnula were a bit off, but credit to Eilish Flanagan top 15 is very respectable. Michelle Finn didn't seem to have a good day out. Our ladies u/23 team struggling as well apart from Sarah Healy, her lack of miles in the legs told in the last lap.

Great running from Fay and Haso, pity Tobin wasn't recovered in time, on previous races he'd be close to the 2 lads. But sure that's running for you.

All in all a great day out.. Some entertainment for €9.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Grovdal finally winning a senior gold after so many near misses is the story of the day for me personally, what an effort. Even better was the fact that she left a convicted doper in her wake.

Bit disappointed Klosterhalfen couldn't finish among the medals though.

Advertisement