Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good to see both Brock and New Day earning their title shots.

Imagine being the guys in the back working every week for a title shot only for guys who take weeks/months off to just come in and be handed a title shot.

Has there been any reference to Day One being the Usos former catchphrase or at least similar, Day One-ish.

What do the guys who come to the ring before ads/recaps do the whole time? Like how long was it between the time Sami got to the ring and he spoke? I think there were 2 sets of ads, the Naomi/Sonya bit and the Raw Rebound.

I look forward to constantly being reminded that Xia Li is WWE's first Chinese female competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Really liked the Sami/Brock stuff at the start. Aside from that it was a bit of a meh episode.

Not sure the point of Sami having won just to throw it out the window immediately. Guessing Brock will be Roman's opponent at Mania this year ultimately. Are they really building the women's feud around cream pies? What decade are we in? Has Vince been watching the Three Stooges or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Quality stuff from start to finish.

Zami and Brock was very entertaining stuff throughout the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought Brock would struggle badly without Heyman but he's great fun on the mic.

Are they really building the women's feud around cream pies?

*Warning! Low brow attempt at humour below*

Paige making a return?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,834 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why? What’s the point of having RKBro on Smackdown?

Xia to face one of the women, "local talent" or not have an official match?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,727 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

With all her promo stuff being about standing up to bullies and vultures, I wouldn't be surprised if they use that angle with some ongoing feud. Would fit with the Sonya/Naomi thing anyway, with Xia stepping in against the power-tripping boss Sonya.

Apparently Toni has to win against champ Charlotte to then get a title match

• Advertisement

That's been the case for a while with these 'Championship Contender' matches, they're incredibly dumb. Has there been any explanation as to why RK-Bro is just showing up to Smackdown for a match?

Are RKBro a replacement maybe for Drew and Jeff in the tag match?

If only they had another tag team or pairing on Smackdown, like Viking Raiders, Angel/Humberto, Nak/Boogz, Corbin/Moss, Jinder/Shanky or Sheamus/Ridge

Yep, but they've probably more reason to be in the match than RKBro.

I think Vince must've discovered filters on his phone.

Not sure who's fault it was but that debut was messy.

Best team in WWE? So why wasn't Imperium included? And even if they're ignoring NXT and Moustache Mountain and Carmella/Zelina, wasn't it already decided a few weeks ago at Survivor Series when RK-Bro beat The Usos?

I know he's not, but it would be funny if Brock was calling out the Impact World Champion.

Wasn't expecting WWE's booking to make sense like that, was even going to comment that it makes too much sense so they won't do it.

Also have to agree that debut was a bit strange. The AR graphics would be fine but can't be the only factor to the entrance, audience looked baffled. A match would have served her much better than what they did though.

I love the Brock/Sami stuff. God help men I'm slightly annoyed we won't get them in Saskatchewan next week.

No idea why the cast of Jackass Forever was there didn't add much and I say that as Jackass fan. Speaking of dumb, I cannot get over how stupid an idea the Championship contender matches are, they really annoy me. Anyone else not a fan of the new 'comic-booky' graphics or is it just me?

Evidently they are trying to make Day 1 a big deal, getting Migos for a Special appearance is a good get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭kksaints

The Comic book graphics seems to be a Fox thing. The NFL on Fox has something very similar.

Probably tag match next week between Shayna/Natalya and Xia/Naomi or singles matches with them. Some variation anyway.

No idea who Migos are but looking at a video on youtube it has over 65 million views so obviously another big name I never heard of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I have no idea what's big in music these days, especially in the States, unless it's someone that's so big that you can't but be aware of them. I am old.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Migos are massive

Is Brock turning up in a tractor for Day1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Farmer moose hunting Brock is the best thing in WWE right now.

Nattie needs to lay off the cosmetic work

What was the point of that tag match when they're already scheduled to fight for the tag titles? Just so they can have their 50/50 booking and have Usos keep the titles?

Really liked the ending, although it is a shame that it looks like the Sami/Brock stuff is over.

Wondering if we're gonna get a double turn soon and Roman becomes a face again. Or if Paul Heyman and Roman are secretly working together. Either way it really does seem like Brock/Roman is the programme for the forseeable future which really takes the wind out of the sails of the Tribal Chief stuff imo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The wind has been gone out of the tribal chief sails for a long time now.

• Advertisement

Did Roman even connect the punch with Paul Heyman, I suppose too old to take a spear

I think Paul will help Roman retain at Day 1 over Brock

Advertisement