Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭crinkley

wow this is quiet, my partner got her form in yesterday, A really streamlined and easy process, good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭I am me123

Is the questionnaire for the permanent C.O. campaign 2022, going live 8th December?

8-13 according to the booklet

So is questionnaire going live between 8th - 13th December?

yeah if they keep to the times, can't see why not. You should really download the booklet for reference for the interview stage, it has the competencies etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Just realised I posted this in the CO 2021 thread instead of this thread but just enquiring, with regards to the vacancies been a nationwide competition. I applied for the previous competition and put down my local county and a neighbouring county as my choices. After I got word on where i was on both panels, i realised I could have been in a better position if I put down Dublin in terms of a realistic chance of an interview.

But just wondering if you select Dublin as your first choice and get called for a Dublin position and take up that position, is it possible to apply for a transfer and how long do you have to be in the position before applying for a transfer down to a more suitable location?

Also my own background is that I'm currently a BSO (semi-state) 12+years, can I transfer my max incremental pay to that BSO position in the Civil Service?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 midlands091315

Some do put down Dublin to have better chance at interview I chanced my local county and neighbouring county and was lucky and started this week so it can happen and you could be much luckier this time in the sense that I’ve heard people talk about different years doing better or worse etc so maybe worth the gamble.

You would have to wait two years before you could apply for a transfer. Hopefully someone else can advise you on your last question.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Kirbi

In relation to the transfers, you can apply for them almost as soon as you get in the door; but in order to actually get one you have to wait *at least* 2 years. The 'at least' is very important, because you could be waiting much longer than that. Whether, when, or how often a department uses its transfer list is dependent on a lot of things, and some transfer lists are much longer than you would think.

A lot of it depends on how many positions/vacancies tend to come up in the locations you're looking for. The Mobility Map (see below) gives an idea of which areas have a lot of COs - for example Revenue have a huge amount in Limerick, which makes transfers and PAS hires to there easier to come by; likewise, DSP have large offices in Sligo and Letterkenny.

If I were you I'd have a look at the number of positions (and it is positions, not vacancies) currently listed in those two counties. If it's a huge amount, then you may be as well off as you would be going for Dublin.

I can't help with the other query I'm afraid - I'm so ill-informed about semi-states that I don't even know what BSO means. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

regarding quietness, there is another thread here but the author put the wrong year on it. The 2021 CO campaign refers to the 2022 one

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058218375/clerical-officer-in-the-civil-service-2021-nationwide#latest

hope attention to detail isn't getting tested lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

That's really helpful. Thank you. Do you or anyone else know if the counties you choose has an order of preference and if you get an Oom for both?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

You get an OOM number for each of them. Whichever one is reached first is the first one you get called for interview for. I believe you can decline the interview and wait to be called for other county if you wish. However I think you are then removed from that county panel (the one you declined).

You select preference when filling out application. e.g Cork 1 (1st preference) Donegal 2 (2nd)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Kirbi

Yeah, that's basically it as far as I know as well (although I'm not sure about the part where you're removed from the other panel - this has been the case in some recent comps, but I can't see reference in the Information Booklet for this one).

anyone hear about the comp still being open and if this will push back the test window?

No haven't heard anything regarding the 2022 clerical officer campaign so far (permanent campaign), the assessment questionnaire goes live this Wednesday, 8th December, until December 13th for those that applied.

LIMERICK CLARE EDUCATION TRAINING BOARD CLERICAL OFFICER PANEL 2021

ANYBODY BEEN CALLED FOR INTERVIEW FOR ABOVE PLEASE?

Anyone get the email with the link to the questionnaire for the permanent C.O. campaign yet?

no not yet, my partner has been waiting all morning as she wanted to get them done as we are going away tomorrow. The website does say that the candidate portal is down today I wonder if that has anything to do with it

HI HAS THE LINK GONE LIVE FOR THE CLERICAL OFFICER ONLINE QUESTIONNAIRE SUPPOSED TO BE TO DAY 08/12/2021

yeah open today 8th and close the 13th I believe

• Advertisement

No not yet, nothing in my emails about the questionnaire. Hopefully soon..

Could anyone who does recieve it please post here confirming same?

will do, just checked messages on publicjobs.ie and nothing there either

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheGoatOne

Just got the message from publicjobs there with the familiarisation material and the link for the questionnaire. Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClericalError

Hey everyone, best of luck with the questionnaire. Can I ask if someone can post the familiarisation material here? I'm having a bit of trouble downloading on my ancient tablet at the mo... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClericalError

Thank you so much!!

no problem at all and good luck everyone with the test, certainly doesn't take an hour. I'm going to guess now that the results will be out the 23rd December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi

When initially applying, did anyone notice in locations if Dublin was split into Dublin South and or Dublin North please.

• Advertisement

Can't confirm as didn't apply for Dublin but the booklet doesn't have it split, and from another comp I'm in and applied for Dublin it defo wasn't split

Advertisement