Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 Round 21 Saudia Arabia GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Toto spoofing. The drivers were not told in the right way. No toto , Mercedes didn't let Lewis know. Red Bull told Max. You didn't tell Lewis. Its on Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The fact is, Hamilton is hated by many fans, mainly for his dominance.

I don't like him. Just because I'm not really a fan of his personality. I think I'd want to punch him if I met him.

Max is a light at the end of the tunnel for many.

But I don't know how anyone watches that race and can think Verstappen doesn't deserve everything he gets. He drove like a lunatic.

Hamilton had some moments too, but there are degrees to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thats what 90% of drivers would do.

The GOAT is unique.

And the other 5% is Mazepin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

People need to get a grip. Lewis clearly didn't know/think that Max was trying to give him the place back. I'm not entirely sure he was anyway but I'll give Max the benefit of the doubt.

As another poster pointed out, it was all window dressing anyway. His rubber was nearly gone and Lewis was always going to get him. Roll on the final race. Two geniuses level on points. Hope we get a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

All I can think is that Lewis is used to blue flags and Bottas getting right out of the way. He was never going to know that Max was letting him pass and got all confused - it was obviously a brake test that left him no option but to keep going into the back of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭quokula

The entire season has already been decided off track, from Hamilton being let off with hospitalising Max at Silverstone to the spurious penalty for Max at Qatar and the countless other bad decisions prior to today. The sport is not being governed fairly.

Amazingly the Spanish GP back in April remains the last race where Hamilton actually beat Verstappen in a straight race without penalties or crashes or other dirty tactics being involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Lazenby insisting that Sky are neutrals, with a straight face lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Regardless of not getting the radio call, Hamilton saw the guy in front of him was slowing and he had an acre of space down the inside but instead he chose to ram the back of Max. Horrendous driving but FIA doing the bidding of Mercedes.

Damon Hill has Michael Schumacher still living rent free in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,209 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It was exactly the thought in my head earlier. Max has shown he can be an unsafe driver who will throw himself into the way, he constantly gets a pass on it but its obvious that people need to be very tentative going past him. When he slowed down for no reason in the middle of the track I'm not surprised that whoever was following would not just take it at face value but would be suspicious about what he will do next.

I bet Hamilton fully expected that whichever side he went, that Verstappen would make a movement that side. Thats why Verstappen was in the middle of the track and not off to the side like would normally happen, it leaves that doubt about his real intentions. Hamilton should still have avoided contact but I can see the reason for the hesitancy that led to his mistake.

Whenever Hamilton goes past Verstappen anybody who says they don't hold their breath a little waiting for the contact is a liar. The reverse isn't true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I thought the bargaining between Red Bull and Mercedes via the race director was very weird to say the least, deciding amongst themselves the order of the grid for the restart?!?!

Surely if Max deserved a penalty you hand it out not have a chat to see if it can be worked out in other ways. You'd have to wonder what the other teams think hearing this go on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So merc have the constructor's in the bag unless they have a double dnf next race and it's a redbull 1-2.

Its advantage Max in the driver's any additional penalties outstanding. In the last race he just needs to pull a Schumacher/senna/prost job and he gets the championship we all know max is capable of such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I have such a dislike for Hill, just a bitter old man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I think its absolutely bizarre that neither Hamilton or Bottas got a penalty all weekend after all their infringements but Verstappen gets three?

How can anyone think an 8th world title for Hamilton is deserved and justified?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Fair play to that lad crouching down there behind the lads, didn't notice him or his coffee at all 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

This is turning to rugby where everything comes down to interpretation.

Max pushes himself, the car and his rivals to the absolute limit. I love it. Consider as well the two races where HAM and BOT both took him out, he'd be hosed, home and dried with the championship.

HAMs behaviour this evening in my mind counts as bringing the sport into disrepute. Safety should never be questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Damon Hill is a crap analyst, and clearly the lack of oxygen from his head being rammed so far up Hamilton's bum hole is causing brain damage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hamilton had a career of what has been passed off as good aggressive driving behind him though. When faced with the same though it's dangerous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Get a grip?

Max dropped 5 gears, oceans of space to overtake, Lewis slowed down and hit the back of Max,

Whether Lewis knew or not is completely Mercedes fault. But it is irrelevant. Lewis saw the car in front slow down and being the racer he is.....slowed down instead of overtaking. 100 Lewis should have overtaken, he didn't.

Yep, while Lewis has shown time and again that he believes the rules don’t apply to him and he’s deliberately taken out rivals on a number of occasions, this one was blatant stupidity and lack of race craft, not malice.

• Advertisement

Horner is gonna deck Hill.

In fairness to Mercedes a driver shouldn’t need to be told not to crash into the car in front of him if it slows down, most people are intelligent enough to already know that.

Damon Hill is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Is Max under investigation for the incident with Hamilton ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭McFly85

Well that race was shockingly stewarded. So much confusion for each team. Ultimately the race was won by RB not getting another safety car(which seemed like a good bet to be fair).

Its infuriating watching Mercedes escape punishment though again for multiple infractions.

Hill is pathetic really. The more angry he gets the more you know he’s deflecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

If Hamilton wins the last 4 races course he deserves it. Verstappen is a dangerous driver and looking like a bottler.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Hamilton has now been called to Stewards as well

Alleged breach of Breach of Article 2 (d) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code, incident in turn 27 at 22:19.

Precedent from Jerez is that that is disqualification from the championship. That was overridden with precedent from Silverstone this year that it’s totally ok and you keep the race win too, but it’s one rule for Mercedes and another rule for the rest, so Verstappen can’t risk anything other than being squeaky clean with the way the FIA are taking every opportunity at fixing the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Max was in the middle of the track. Whilst there was enough room for Hamilton to pass, I think it's clear to see why he would have been confused but hey ho. What was Hamilton going to gain by running into the back of him? Take him out and hope he has enough of a car left himself to limp home?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Max should learn to keep his car on the road. Only reason Hamilton is still in this title race is because he knows Max loses his head too easily.

One thing I will say about Max, that last restart was a thing of beauty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement