Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 Round 21 Saudia Arabia GP

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You think that incident is what I'm talking about?

The first restart where Max cut across the corner and re-entered the track in an unsafe manner?

And then later when he completely swiped the cross the first corner, forcing both of them off the track? You know, the incident that led to this in the first place?

How any one can watch that race and defend Max's driving is beyond me. A 7 year pro and he was driving around like Nikita Mazepin because, and not for the first time this season, he doesn't think the rules apply to him and he can do whatever he wants and everyone else has to get out of the way.

Monza, Sao Paolo, and now here. Eventually people are going to have to open their eyes and see that Max, for all the talent he possesses, has been driving like a maniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Damon Hill still going on about Michael Schumacher. Rent free in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

I think you mean the only reason Hamilton is in the title race is that he took out Verstappen in Silverstone and his teammate took out Verstappen in Hungary. Verstappen should already be champion mathematically on merit before this weekend if Mercedes weren’t so dirty and the stewards applied the rules consistently.

You need to take your blinkers off, for any neutral fan it’s obvious to see.

Yeah, it’s like every time a car has ever had a technical error everyone behind has ploughed into the back of them. Oh wait, no they haven’t. Pure stupidity.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Max actually got a 5 second penalty for Hamilton crashing into him when he tried to let him past. It's actually outrageous when you think about.

Not sure it's conspiracy as much as complete and utter incompetence by those controlling the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I do believe its Hamilton that throws around the conspiracy theories when things don't go his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I just think the slowing down incident was confusing.

Think both could of done more to avoid it. Verstappen was in the middle of the track and did it at the fastest part of the track which wasn't ideal. Hamilton probably got confused with a lack of communication. Probably could of avoided it aswell. Just a very strange incident.

Think the stewards should just warn both going into the last race and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Killinator

That's not why he got the 5 second penalty though, it was for an earlier incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Hamilton driving into Verstappen was a racing incident IMO, albeit a bizarre one. It couldn't have been deliberate as he had so much to lose.

Anyway, I propose the penalty that both of them start from the back of the grid in Dubai 😂. That would be some action.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The same Damon Hill who was dropped by his own team after winning a title because he was too soft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Translation: "I'm just going to ignore Hamilton's shocking driving over the weekend and cry about how mean Max was to my hero Hamilton".

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Lewis was trying to be too clever playing the DRS game as his team hadn’t told him and that’s why he didn’t overtake - even he commented about DRS in the media pen so genuinely think he is to blame for the collision.

Max didn't get a penalty for Hamilton going into the back of him.

Excellent. You're faced with facts right in front of you and you run away and deflect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

Man tbh I hate the two of them , I'd probably just about rather Hamilton win cos I'm used to it anyway haha but I just don't really buy into any conspiracies, racing incidents happen all the time , always have. I think whoever wins next week will deserve it. And 4 wins in a row at the end cant be ignored , it's pure clutch performances.

That would be the right outcome for me too.

They're level on points. Max was punished already for earlier incidents. Lets go to Abu Dhabi and let them go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,262 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If people are buying into the Lewis didn't know he was allowed overtake without permission angle then how is Max getting penalised at all?

If Hamilton needs permission to pass then it isn't Max's fault that Lewis wasn't given that permission at the same time he was.

You, who to this day claims Hamilton intentionally tried to kill Max at Silverstone, is telling me to take my blinkers off?

Seriously? You're the last person who has any right to tell anyone else to take their blinkers off.

The cheek of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Mad race but they are ruining the sport with the penalties.

Verstappen went around Hamilton off the track after 2nd start. Fair enough then re the shuffle to 3rd for the restart.

From then on, it appeared Verstappen couldn't defend from Hamilton at all without getting a penalty.

Verstappen brakes late to defend, lost the rear alittle but held the car. That's racing and should be let run.

I think there is precedent against what max did in allowing lewis by only to overtake him immediately again. That should be given back again.

Where Hamilton ran into him, I think that should have been regarded as Verstappen having let him by and be finished with.

No matter what way I look at it, it appears max got one penalty too many.

If the stewards add more penalties to max, the sport is finished.

• Advertisement

For you of all people to make a statement like that, the lack of self awareness is hilarious. But do continue drinking the xenophobic Sky F1 koolaid and fighting the good fight by performing extreme mental gymnastics to put forward bizarre arguments which have little or no relationship with reality.

There’s a reason why Max won driver of the day comfortably and Lewis continues to get booed by the neutral fans everywhere he goes. Most people don’t respect a cheater and a dirty driver, and fewer still respect one that’s being handed points on a plate by continual incredibly poor governance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I mean, from Lewis's angle that could have been a Verstappen engine failure, just take the overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

When Lewis hit the back of Max, it's a bit strange that Max wasn't straight on the team radio. Or why didn't we hear that team radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Max got a 3 place grid penalty already for causing a collision at Monza. Hamilton should get the same now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,262 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He apparently cant unless he is told to on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,745 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If Max was allowing Lewis take back the position, would he not have moved to one side the track? Seemed more he brake-tested Lewis..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Why didn't he pull to the side? Why did he slightly move the car to the left again? What did Lewis have to gain by going into the back of him?

I've no dog in this race. I actually like both drivers and I've really enjoyed watching them compete this year. Max for most of this season has been unbelievably good but he looks under pressure at the moment. Lewis has been turning the screw and driving exceptionally. I just don't get the blind hatred for Lewis and at the same time not holding Max to the same standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Sure we didn’t even see Max’s post-race interview.

Or the battle between Ocon/Bottas on the last lap.

saw some cool drones though….

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Sky played some earlier, not from Max though but from his engineers, along the lines of "We are not sure what is happening Max, we are slowing down and he didn't pass"

Davidson seemed to think that didn't coincide with the point of video - it was played as Max was accelerating off after the impact.

It all seems a bit confusing.

• Advertisement

The 'xenophobic Sky F1 koolaid'?

What the f*ck are you talking about?

You claim Hamilton tried to intentionally kill Max at Silverstone and then had the cheek to tell me to take my blinkers off. You have been the most one-sided poster on this forum all season and it's all based around your relentless and obsessive hatred of someone you have never even met.

If you want to call me 'xenophobic' with absolutely zero basis for it then I could call you a hell of a lot worse with the exact same basis.

Someone is drinking 'the koolaid (what on Earth is this about anyway?)' and it's not me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement