Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

In this case, the truth!

http://www.orwellianireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

"I'll validate your paranoid delusions about the world if you validate mine"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

No one truely knows whats going to happen by 2030, if I knew what would happen in 2030 I'm sure I could make millions on it. What these people would like is a reset of our lives in which they gain more control and we lose more rights such as the right to bodily autonomy, less access to meat for the betterment of the climate among other issues.

I'm just curious what do you think of china's social credit system and would you be okay with living under it? Also would you be okay if we did get to a stage were the great reset talking points were actually implemented?

China's social credit system is horrendous, and Xi Jinping's policies are hugely unpopular outside of China. And it's not like they have much of a choice inside China as they essentially live in a party dictatorship. Thankfully I don't live in China, so it's not an issue for me.

You are referring to the conspiracy interpretation of the economic forum, which is rife with silly interpretations and paranoid misunderstandings

I take it you can't provide any evidence that any specific Irish politicians support the social credit system and are secretly working to implement it in our representative democracy.

• Advertisement

I glanced over the bbc article and they reference the wrong video altogether that caused the issue in the first place to try deflect from what was the actual issue. They have been trying their best to get rid of the video but in the sky news australia youtube video you can see snippets of it in that video from a minute onwards.

I'm curious would you be saying, I take it you can't provide evidence that these politicians would support multiple years of lockdowns until they happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

So the vast vast vast majority of the people on this planet see the world through rose tinted glasses and the incredibly small fringe group you and your comrades in arms belong to are the only ones who see the truth of the world? I'll see your rose tinted glasses and raise you paranoia.

Paranoia

a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically worked into an organized system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.

Similar:

persecution complex

delusions

obsession

megalomania

monomania

psychosis

unjustified suspicion and mistrust of other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lads it's just two weeks to flatten the curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

There is no issue apart from a weird conspiracy theory is some people heads who can’t critically think. 2030 would be an impossibility for what conspiracy theorists claim.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Do you honestly think they should have just let it rip after a 2 week lockdown? No conspiracy nonsense...just use your own judgement on what you have seen from around the world over the past 2 years. What exactly do you think would have happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

You don't see any need to share but you feel you are qualified to ask everyone else? I've also seen you foul-mouth people's religious beliefs, not to mention their personal health status too. I'm sure psychologists have names for such despicable behavior - but sounds like you are under the impression that you are of a higher status than others based on some kind of bizarre belief system that you claim revolves around science. But, in reality, is little more than a false sense of comradery you obtain through insulting people who don't think the same way you do.

Something for you to think about

If you have an issue with a poster then please report the posts. That’s what the report function is for, and is more effective than a rant that we all get subjected to.

Please.. If the report function worked on the conspiracy forum, it wouldn't be the cesspit it is now. We've been through this in the feedback forum. And besides, I'm not trigger-happy on the report button like some in this thread. Let us not forget the time the harmless cartoon got reported... 😁

The poster misunderstood reality with the cartoon, and so it was used incorrectly as an attack on posters. I didn’t report it but I can understand why it was reported.

However, every rant you make about moderation, other posters etc is starting to look foolish. Contact admin directly if you are having issues. Beasty engaged in the thread that conspiracy theorists threw the toys out of the pram, tried to get conversations stopped and then abandoned the thread without considering the suggestions made by one of your comrade. Keep the head and be constructive when engaging with admin and moderators though.

Ha! You must be joking. The feedback thread was doomed to the same tactics used in every thread in the conspiracy forum - 99% of posts being drivel from the same 4 or 5 posters.

I can’t wait wait for the decision on what to do with the forum. CT’ists tried to shut down the feedback, and the forum. Not a great approach to take. 😊

Anyway, you’ve successfully detailed this topic again. To get back on topic, what measures are permanent and to what benefit for the individual TD’s?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The feedback thread where all the conspiracy theorists were crying because they couldn't have thier little safe space? That feed back thread? And when they didn't get thier way they cried and still cry about it? THAT feedback thread?

You would think they are the only people thinking critically even if they are going to be wrong on a lot of things. Most people just blindly follow the media like sheep and believe what big daddy government tells them until they come across moments like that case recently in the US were most people were under the impression he was a racist and killed black people which woke them up when they realized he killed 3 white guys all with criminal history's including raping young boys. Thinking critically would be seeing Concentration camps in Australia, body harvesting in China which our governments wont denouce for fear of angering China, global elitists creating division between left and right to make people fight each other and blame the problems on the other side rather than looking up at the true culprits. Its not really much of a push to see us going along the lines of Australia/Germany (I think its a certainty vaccine mandates will come to Ireland just like Germany/Austria in which case I will be calling these people Nazi scum).

The article describes what the economic forum is, and why conspiracy theorists have latched onto it. Likewise, there's a thread here where various conspiracy theorists fail to explain what the conspiracy is.

Your question doesn't make much sense. There's a pandemic, so in response, governments decided to have lockdowns to reduce the spread of the virus. Is there any part of that you don't understand?

Bizarre rant.

It's a public discussion forum, if you are going to make claims that are patently nonsense, then posters are going to call you out on it. You seem to take it very personally, okay, but you are the one making the baseless claims, so the onus is on you.

• Advertisement

Most conspiracy theorists just make false claims and parrot whatever conspiracy sites tell them without question, whilst accusing others of being "sheep". This forum is well over a decade of nothing but that, pretty self explanatory.

That’s some ramble. No idea what you are on about in the US and how it seamlessly has something to do with Australia and Nazis in your mind. Cookie cutter CT’ist type of post

Nightclubs to temporarily close again during a pandemic, I don't know if I can handle this much Communist tyranny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

The great reset/everyone getting converted to communism seems very similar to the one world government idea that is pushed by the end times brigade. I suppose if you have been following a belief system that has failed spectacularly at predictions in the past, then jumping on a new one isn’t such a big leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But!!!! It's only happening in Ireland, meanwhile here in England everything is open, OK we have been slapped on the wrist and have to wear masks in shops again (the absolute humanity!!!) But otherwise things are back to normal 🤷‍♂️

Conspiracy theorists can never explain why Ireland is part of the nefarious plot to mask the population forever but fifty miles away across the water the government didn't get the email from the cabal of global elites and has freed the people.

Boris was name checked a few posts ago. However, I don’t think the poster got the updated memo about the UK going their own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

The vast majority of the people on this planet have been Blackmailed, Bribed, Coerced, Shamed, Threatened or Brainwashed into taking the jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

Unfortunately there is a cohort of people for whom the only acceptable response to COVID-19 is to pretend it's not there and act no differently than we did in January 2020. Thankfully they're a small minority although the amount of noise they generate convinces them that they're a majority. Or the rest are sheeple, easily intimidated etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

No. They're just better at critical thinking than you are.

Granted, that's not setting the bar very high...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So why aren't you able to find anywhere else where they state that their goal is to make sure that no one owns anything?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement