Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Options

Comments

all you can do is make fun as you have no answers. you have not explained how cassidy is a state employee

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mamboozle

making fun? how dare you. Cassidy used be a butler for a Sergeant in Macroom

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

This is quite true.. He is quite approachable in many ways.

A few of my buddies bump into him often in Glengarriff, they usually find him eating lunch sat outside a tavern on the main drag. Always up for the chat and in good spirits.

He'll talk to anybody privately, and is giving free legal advice to anybody that's in a spot of bother... Of course that side of him won't make the headlines though...

A good man to draft a legal letter for you too...

There is actually if you search the newspaper archives.

• Advertisement

Mr Bailey does like to spin things his way-a clearer indication from Jules and family as to just what they think of him at this stage and just how he was eventually forced to leave Jules’ home- she’s taking no sh1te from him now that’s for sure- while I’m sure she’d be happier maintaining a dignified silence, she’s shown that she’s well able to stand up for herself and correct the record

“Writing in the Big Issue homeless charity magazine, Mr Bailey claimed he was dumped by letter which was left on the kitchen table of Ms Thomas’ home, The Prairie, where Mr Bailey was also living.

Ms Thomas has refuted this claim, saying it was her daughter that wrote the letter informing Mr Bailey he would have to leave her mother’s home.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭tibruit

"Vanguard poets"....."A good man to draft a legal letter"....."himself being himself"

Didn`t the masks come down again last night? Hope none of ye catch the cough now.

I usually ignore your posts because they are idiotic, as is this one, but I'm compelled to reply.

Masks come down?? What masks?? You mean a few of us actually suggesting that Ian Bailey is a human being? Shocking altogether.

Because people like you insist on "othering" him, we offer a counter opinion. He's had 25 years of being labelled a murderer, a monster, a psychopath etc. He's just a person.

You could actually try to see the person and look beyond your narrow view, but of course you won't.

I'll go back to ignoring you now.

The Independent is quoting the Daily Star, not even having the balls of the gutter press vermin to make up their own quotes. And if you quote lowlifes approvingly......

You'd be another one who'd presume to pronounce on Bailey's poetic ability while most of your own reading is one handed, or does your mammy read you your fairy stories in bed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

What masks?

You believe everything you read in the gutter press, that's why you struggle to debate anything.

Be your own man, balance and analyse the facts yourself, and then make an independent statement based on your own reasoning.

Google Ian Bailey - You'll get nothing but prime suspect this, that and the other.. Delve beyond the headlines and find a totally different story.. In the first hundred thousand searches of 'Ian Bailey / Sophie Tuscan Du Plantier' - You won't find one single Garda corrupt investigation attempts to frame innocent man banner..... Why's that I wonder..??

Like a sheep... You read the sensational headline and assume it's true.. No need to think for myself here.. The Sunday tabloids tell me its true, so it must be.... Baa!!

And..... Keep it up, and I'm going to tell you some bad news about Santy.. Mammy's not been totally honest with you.. Forget what you see on the telly.

Nah Scooby....you ignore me because I keep disrupting your fantasies with facts. If you want to look beyond the ripped out hair, the swollen eyes, the detached lip and the bloodied stitched up face, to search for the real person inside the monster who would do such things, then all I can say is be careful what you look for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mod: do I need to remind to attack the post, not the poster? There's way too many bítchy, petty comments from what I presume to be adults who should know better. Grow up, keep it civil or infractions start getting handed out. It's perfectly possible to debate the case without resorting to this inanity.

Poetry not my thing really, particularly the poetry of a narcissist, there`s only one way that will go. One handed reading and mammies....all in the one sentence.....hmm. I do like the fairy stories though. Not that I believe them as such, but I like removing the chaff and getting right back to the kernel where it all began. Hobby of mine.

Says it all really. Guilty of domestic abuse so guilty of murder.

I would like to suggest to the more reasonable people here that one thing certain to bring out the puppets is not talk of low level garda corruption and Keystone cops but when the focus comes on the string pullers at a high level.

The Netflix documentary suggests Dermot Dwyer was the head of the investigation but he was just being directed from the shadows. It goes very high, in Ireland AND France.

What was the Netflix thing about other than Bailey with no real concern for what really happened? There are a lot of powerful people who are happy with that

Classic conspiracy theory jargon. For the record...I`m nobody`s puppet. I represent nobody but myself.

I actually don`t read the gutter press. If you want to find out about corrupt garda investigations, try googling "corrupt garda investigations". There`s a reason why you can`t find it when you googled Bailey. If you can`t work out why, then so be it.

Right on cue to prove my point.

Everything that doesn't fit the absurd case made against Bailey is a conspiracy, yet this is solely because of conviction?

While Eddie Cassidy tied himself up in knots having to make a number of statements you have this to say; "At the end of the day Cassidys poor recall is irrelevant."

In the case of Camier, the vegetable seller, who was supposedly told by Jules Thomas about a murdered French woman 4 or 5 miles away, before it had even come on the national news and never thought to say it to anyone else that day and in fact didn't say anything to the Guards about it for two years. You say;

"But of course he always knew that Jules had been the first to tell him about it on the morning of the 23rd. He just didn`t realize that it was a significant piece of evidence."

We know you have an agenda to bruit. Whose agenda you're pushing is the real question? Something tells me I'm getting close

Cherry pick a line here....cherry pick a line there.....examine it to the nth degree.....casually ignore the words that expand the point because it doesn`t suit your agenda.

It all comes from upstairs don`t ya know and the White House knows all about the aliens.....

• Advertisement

It's worth bearing in mind that there is an attempt being made at present to reform An Garda Siochana, specifically in the area of investigation of wrong doing by members but this is meeting a lot of resistance from the AGSI and Drew Harris, surprisingly (not really). Many of them do not like to see GSOC being given formal powers. Are the Gardai servants of this state or a law unto themselves, which they certainly were in 1996?

Given his high achievement in his study of this area, shouldn't the Government appoint Ian Bailey to any advisory body and pay him well as a means of compensation. It might go a long way to restore faith in a system that has been proved rotten many times in the last 20 or 30 years.

You'll find that this line of argument hasn't suited many people in courtrooms after prosecution lawyers have slowly dismantled a series of lies by cherry picking each one in turn. You're effectively saying that a person who has stolen from a number of different people can now claim to have done right since his children love him more now that he's rich.

It's called chutzpah, memorably defined as the person, having murdered his mother and father, now throws himself on the mercy of the court as he is now an orphan. You engage in this regularly.

Ex strawberry picker, fish gutter, failed journalist, jailbird and amateur poet. Interesting CV. Sure he`d fit right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Of course its being met with a lot of resistance because they realize they might have to actually do their jobs which they're paid well for & cut out the rampant corruption which no doubt a significant minority of them engage in. All of the stories in the media we're hearing about recently exposing their corruption is only the tip of the iceberg. They absolutely are a law onto themselves. This case, even though 25 years old shines a light on it and nothing much in the way of genuine reform has happened since.

Aren't we the smug person happy to stand in judgement. I believe that the opinion from other professionals in England was that he was a very good journalist and attaining a First in Law from UCC is no mean feat. Having read a lot of your incoherent rubbish I think that were it ever possible you had a face to face argument with the man, you would be embarrassed by a gross mismatch.

Gardener for John Montague as well. So all told not a man afraid to get his hands dirty in spite of well above average intelligence. Exemplary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

What do you do tibruit? not much by the sounds of it

Not afraid to get the hands bloodied either. The Shinners will be in one of these days. I`d say they`d love. Wouldn`t surprise me at all if he got that job.

• Advertisement

The McCabe case in particular was particularly shocking, frightening even, given how it exposed the lengths they were prepared to go to (bringing in the very error-prone Tusla) to destroy someone. And that was one of their own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement