Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are the guidelines in this scenario, household one positive test and 3 negative?

• 03-12-2021 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,193 ✭✭✭✭

We were away for a weekend with another family (not in the same lodgings but had dinner together etc), their toddler developed a cough and sure enough it turned out to be Covid.

So obviously they and we all had to engage with the HSE, their family all had some symptoms so all were instructed to go for PCR, 3 positive and one negative.

In our case i had no symptoms so antigen for me, my wife and two kids had some (elder daughter had proper symptoms and we had done an antigen which was positive so were sure she had it) symptoms so all went for PCR,

Net result is, elder daughter (young primary school age) has it, wife and todder negative PCR and i have had 2 negative antigens so far and no symptoms.

In the normal course my wife and younger daughter should be free to carry on now and i should be after my 3rd antigen if no positive test or symptoms develop, but given there is a positive case in the house whats the story? I believe we are due a call from contact tracers anyway so maybe they will have the guidance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Anyone who is fully vaccinated needs to take 3 antigen tests over 5days if all negative then they can go about their business

Anyone not vaccinated with or without symptoms will have to isolate and stay at home for 10days they will be sent for a pcr test if the first pcr is negative then they will be sent for an additional test 8-10 days later. If that pcr is also negative then they don’t have to isolate anymore

Advertisement