Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alternative News Channel "GB News" chaired by Andrew Neil launching - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i believe the emergency services are still trying to extract Farage's nose from trump's arse so he may not be available next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

For those who didn't see it, Basically Farage hailed it as the interview where "no question is off limits" he then proceeded to throw a couple of soft ball questions at Trump and then sat back and let Trump spout his usual lies.

Farage had a quick tug of his weenie because he got to shoehor Brexit and Markel into the conversation and then got absolutely destroyed a half hour later by a guy who schooled him on wind farms/sustainable energy.

That was probably the best part, watching Farage squirm as he realised just how out of his depth he really was.

I never spoke about his articulation.

Or whether he spoke truly, or for comedic effect or controversy.

You said he thought MM was disrespectful to the Queen, as if that should hold any water coming from the font of all disrespect himself.

He is hypocrisy incarnate. He doesn't give a flying fcuk about MM, the Queen, Boris or Farage, hell he probably couldn't even point out his own golf course if you stuck a map under his gullet.

He cares about looking after numero uno. The fact that you agree with his remarks about MM disrespecting the Royals while glossing over the fact that he himself publicly talked about buying pictures of the other princesses tits is predictably unsurprising.

They're not mutually exclusive, though - he can care about himself, whilst also being right about Meghan Markle.

I happen to agree that both are true.

You seem to have missed this so I'll ask again

1: do you think that was a good interview? Farage said nothing is off limits and them proceeded to ask non questions.

2: Why does GBEEBIES have such a hard on for Harry/Megan when the British public don't give a tiny shiny shìte about them?

3: I started watching on YouTube and noticed something funny so switched to the GBEEBIES website to watch live on there. Is the content on the website the exact same as the TV channel?

I only ask because this was supposed to be a world exclusive, the biggest thing to happen on GBEEBIES since its launch, I noticed on every single ad break there wasn't a single advert for any products, every single advert was for other GBEEBIES hosts plugging thier programmes, was there actual product adverts on the TV channel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"Nothing is off limits"... He's some clown. If he was a real journalist and not a snivelling sycophant, he might have asked about Trump's relationship with Epstein. But he sucked him off instead. 14k viewers, what an embarrassment 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm sure you'll be in the front row, you seem to have similar views.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

If someone wants to spend €120 on a Youtube video that's their business.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

1. It was more of a conversation rather than an interview. In that sense, yes, it was a good exchange. Nothing new, I suppose, but nothing bad either.
    2. Probably because of the Queen and the Royal Family, and the affinity that those who bend to the right have for the family. They see what Meghan, an American, has done to undermine the institution and they're right to call these things out.
    3. If you've started to watch GB News on YouTube, I'll consider that a small but not insignificant success story of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,403 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm suprised Trump didnt bring a bigger boost. Are his own cheeeleaders loosing interest in him?

• Advertisement

Seems to be doing reasonably well on YouTube - and GB News on YouTube gained 5,000 new subscribers (so far) in the past 24-hours.

November data is also very encouraging.

16.6 million YouTube video views throughout the month of November, with a substantial uptick in subscriber numbers - from 13,000 in October to over double that, at 28,000 in November - the first time since June that GB News experienced a respectable uptick.

I predicted this only 2-weeks ago, too.

Furthermore, yesterday, GB News attracted almost 1.8 million views on their YouTube (1 million views higher than the recent average).

It'll be interesting to see the BARB data for all of the above, too.

Yeah "youtube views" still arent what you think they are.

1: So we agree it wasn't an interview, so I nothing was off limits then why did Farage softball him? I thought GBEEBIES was the institution that would ask the questions others wouldn't?

2: How has Markel "undermined the institution"? Again, no one and I mean NO ONE is talking about Harry/Megan in England/UK, No one cares about them.

3: You claimed GBEEBIES had new advertisers but can't remember who they are or what they are selling, why during what is being hailed as a massive scoop for the station was there not a single advertisement selling a single product? Two whole hours of Farage on what he is claiming to be a world exclusive and the only thing they advertised was thier own presenters. Don't you think it's strange that for those whole two hours they didn't or couldn't sell a single minute of advertising space?

Again, you're missing the point. I couldn't give a monkeys whether he's right, wrong or who he cares/doesn't care about. I also don't give a fiddlers what you think about his opinions.

What I DO care about is him being disrespectful almost every time he opens his mouth, and dishing out barbed insults that are literally designed to inflame people through disrespecting them........and then turning around and hiding behind the veil of "oh she's very disrespectful towards the royal family, that's why I don't like her...the lack of respect".

Ask yourself, do you truly believe that Trump dislikes anyone for their (alleged) lack of respect towards an institution that he himself has publicly shown in the recent past? Because you're more of a sycophant than I thought, if you do. "Drinking the Kool-aid" just doesn't cut it any more.

I can't really take someone seriously when they refer to GB News as "GBEEBIES". That kind of childish, schoolyard nickname creation belongs to 15-year olds, not grown adults. It's a bit embarrassing actually.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So , all the cost and expense of sending Farage and a film crew to Florida and they can't sell a single second of advertising for the broadcast?

Not a single potential advertiser heard "Nigel Farage with an exclusive interview with Donald Trump" and thought - "That's a show we need to promote our Products/Company on" ?

Given that that will be the "biggest" interview Farage and GB News ever gets that has to be setting off absolutely massive alarm bells for their business plan.

The YouTube revenue for that video will barely cover the cost of Farages flight let alone the rest of crew and the other costs.

Another trait of Trump's that you find abhorrent in other people. Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

On that level of live viewers, the ad revenue won't have covered the taxi to the airport.

If we don't see the overnight BARB figures being touted by Guido etc soon, it means they underperformed there too.

I suppose that's one way for you to avoid answering the questions, the fact remains, not a single minute of advertising any products during what was probably thier biggest show since thier launch, why do you think they had no product advertised during those two hours?

Did anyone else watch the interview? Trumps constant sniffles lead me to believe he did quite a few lines before going on air

• Advertisement

But you dont find a channel featuring "Woke Watch" childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Hoop66

"That kind of childish, schoolyard nickname creation belongs to 15-year olds, not grown adults."

Sleepy Joe

Lyin' Ted

Low Energy Jeb

Crooked Hilary

Leakin James Comey

Nasty Kamala

Crazy Nancy

Little Marco

Crazy Bernie

Shifty Schiff

Low IQ Maxine

I could, literally, go on. And on and on.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Just had a quick look at the YouTube numbers - The two copies of the full interview have about 120k combined views and then they also seem to have split the video up into about a dozen or so "clips" (not being used to pump the view count at all!!) which together have about 50k so far.

So call it 175k views all in so far- Which is worth at most $750 in YouTube revenue so far and could be as little as $50!!!

Figure 5 people in Florida for 3 days minimum , even flying at the back of the bus that is still going to have cost them the thick end of £20k with Hotels , transport & food etc.

So if they manage to have the same volume of incremental views to those videos every single day for the next month or so they might just about break-even, but realistically they probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭noelfirl

That's it in a nutshell really isn't it - if they have overperformed (probably will) we'll have a Guidonian fart about "SMASHING BBC NEWS", followed by silence for another few weeks until there's another single night where the ratings go up and it's "FARAGE GANGBANGS SKY NEWS AND BBC NEWS" again.

It's all about setting perceptions based on flawed and/or selective data. It's why our protagonist here carps on about Youtube incessantly - it doesn't really matter in the end if it reflects any reality, just as long at the perception is sold.

You're missing the point.

Farage, on average, has about 2,000 YouTube Live viewers each day. Lately, his average TV channel viewer count is 150-175,000 people.

That means that YouTube accounts for 1.3% of his total daily views.

Yesterday, a height of 14,500 live viewers was reached - 7x higher than normal for that period. Therefore, the TV channel viewership will also be much, much higher than the 150-175k Farage gets without Trump.

Indeed, Social Blade already report an additional 1,000,000 views extra compared to the recent normal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is that all? I've never got an answer to my question of why the almost 14 million people who voted Tory aren't supporting their own special safe space.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

Didn't see the interview, read about in the Guardian, this seems to have been a great summation of the interview based on the Guardian article though.

No, you're the one missing the point.

Those 1M additional views is worth maybe £2k in Revenue if their rates are at the upper end of the scale and the absolute failure to sell a single ad slot for the Broadcast channel would suggest that they absolutely are not. His Trump interview will need to hit 20M+ views for them to simply break-even.

To date the most popular video ever on GB News Youtube channel has 1M views.

Farages most popular video has about 350k so he's going to need an awful lot more than the 7X lift you are suggesting might have happened.

Also - Farage is absolutely not averaging 150-175k viewers on TV , that was a single data point for a single day , his average is substantially below that.

The Entire GB News channel gets a total of about 425k viewers a week - as such it's physically impossible for Farage to average 150k+ over 4 nights a week.

And don't forget the constant creepy obsession with Markel that GBEEBIES have.

• Advertisement

And yet they couldn't sell a single second of advertising revenue for that whole two hours, tell us again how great they are doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement