Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid Test -Returning to Ireland after weekend in Liverpool?

• 01-12-2021 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Figured this would be a good place to ask.

Im due to fly over to Liverpool Dec 10th and return Monday 13th. If I got a PCR test / antigen test on the Friday in Ireland or in Liverpool that Friday, I assume this wouldnt be enough for them to let me board a plane Monday?

Does anyone know where I can go in Liverpool on say a Sunday or early Saturday morning to get a test that passes the requirements to re-enter Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mayogeezer123

You’d need to get it done over there, boots do it for £30 but not 100% sure if available at weekends, get it done within 48 hours of your arrival time in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Philco71

Think there is a Randox centre in Chavasse Park that does tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

The PCR test you get in Ireland will do you on Monday as long as its within the 72 hours.

Stephen Donnelly confirmed this when Sarah McInerney brought up an example of going to Scotland for a couple of days, last night on PrimeTime.

McInerney said that it didn't make a lick of sense that someone could go to Scotland, go to nightclubs, etc and return with the same PCR test but Donnelly said that it was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

This might be do able so. The fear I suppose here is that I get the PCR done in Ireland on Friday. It comes back positive while im over there. Then im rightly stuck. Would you have to stay in a hotel for 10 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Randox do a max 3 hour return PCR in Dublin airport, so get it done before you leave, as long as the test time is within 72 hours of returning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Is there a lab conducted antigen test you could get done in Dublin before you leave? Might be cheaper, quick results too. There’s a rapid testing facility in Dublin. Ideally get tested there, at least if it’s positive you’re in Ireland not Liverpool.

I had read that the test needs to be conducted in the country you’re travelling from but Donnelly stated this wasn’t the case last night. Although the official guidance reads like it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Thats what i am doing, getting tested in my local chemist this evening, all going well a negative result, flying tomorrow, back Friday afternoon, within the 48 hour antigen window allowed. Chemist will give me a cert once the test results come back and off i go (hopefully ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

You’d wonder how strict it’s going to be. Can’t see Ryanair enforcing it strongly. I’ve been over and back a lot since I got the cert and have only been asked for it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Such a pain. If I could get a PCR test done and results received all on the Friday then great, but my flight is from Knock around 1pm. Risking having to pay for a hotel for 10 days and not get back to Ireland until Dec 23rd would be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Or theoretically self declare and fly back through Belfast...

• Advertisement
Advertisement