Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Andrew in jep?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

ever want to thank a post, only to discover that you couldn't because it was you who posted it, 6 months ago...

I put one on it for you, but someday I'll ask you for a favour to settle the debt. Refusal will not be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Look up the Jonathan Pie spoof Maitlis-P.A interview on You Tube, best bit is where he takes a break and talks to the cameraman, won't spoil it, whole episode is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Their DailyMail are having a field day with this buffon, they'll happily run the story for the extra millions of paper sales.
    Must be some major embarrasment for the establishment all the same.

Yeah Id say the Firm are fuming about the whole debacle, especially as Andrew brought all this on himself with that disastrous interview with Emily Maittlis. You'd also wonder is there more to come with whatever was on Epsteins computers and phones, its probable the FBI know a lot more than what is in the public domain.

Its not surprising then that Andrew is running a mile from doing a face to face interview with them, he and his lawyers are thinking they wlll pounce on him mid interview with some damning evidence of him, Epstein and the paedo ring. In an interview he could quickly go from someone just helping their investigation to being a suspect under arrest. Needless to say the US wont be on his list of places to go for the rest of his life.

All that said he is a royal who travels under a diplomatic passport and any attempt to arrest him would cause a diplomatic crisis between the UK and the US. It wont be happening unless some completely damning evidence were to emerge, like a video tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

ever want to thank a post, only to discover that you couldn't because it was you who posted it, 6 months ago...

I lolled, so I did. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

fryup wrote: »
    i wonder does someone somewhere have photos or video footage of all these VIP's and their kinky activities??

Miss Maxwell perhaps? using it as a bargaining chip me wonders:cool:

My thinking is Epstein did, they tore his places apart to find the evidence, got it, destroyed it, then had him "suicided" in his cell.

I doubt she would still be alive or in public if she had copies. Not even the papal guard would keep her alive if they knew she had a copy.
    The little black book didn't list any really surprising names, they are fairly well all known to be either perverts or connected through the "modelling" business, but between them, they could rustle up enough cash to get a hit on just about anyone.
    That's just the millionaires and billionaires without bringing The Donald into the mix and wondering how far he could stretch a finger of death leaving no trace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Jip?

Gyp?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I don't think us officials normally interview people or witness, s to certain crimes outside the USA. Since they have no proof he committed a crime they can't force him to give evidence in a trial or to be interviewed. They are going public with the info, eg he has not cooperated
    in giving evidence or being interviewed by American officials about epstein
    IF he stays out of America he can just avoid the
    American legal system.
    So now he has no public role or dutys as a member of the Royal family.
    It looks bad for him . Eg epstein had 12 of his phone nos, he spent 3 days in epstein house
    in New York. He was obviously close friends with epstein its not like he could not afford to stay in a hotel while he was in New york
    His charity has closed down recently
    I think the interview he did on the BBC was a disaster , it drew more attention to his friendship
    with epstein

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

riclad wrote: »
    IF he stays out of America he can just avoid the
    American legal system.
    There are two chances of the UK extraditing the Queen's son.

Even if he needed to go to the US, he would be given whatever diplomatic titles are required to keep the feds away from him.

He will slip away from whatever he did. He'll live out the rest of his life with little media attention, another stain on the Royal family that they conveniently ignore. After he dies the truth will come out.

The only way Andrew will ever face any real consequences or have to face any questions is if the monarchy is dissolved. And that's not happening, not even if Wales, Scotland and NI leave the union.

riclad wrote: »
    I don't think us officials normally interview people or witness, s to certain crimes outside the USA. Since they have no proof he committed a crime they can't force him to give evidence in a trial or to be interviewed.

Plot twist, seems there is a legal mechanism for Andrew to be interviewed in the UK and the Americans want to pursue it
    In the face of apparent stonewalling, the US Department of Justice (DoJ) is now seeking help from the UK government. It has made a formal request, known as a mutual legal assistance treaty submission, to get access to Andrew. The prince’s advisers have not confirmed this. The request opens up various legal scenarios, all of them potentially hugely embarrassing for the royal family.

There is no prospect of Andrew being flown back to the US in handcuffs. The US attorney general, William Barr, made this clear in a Fox News interview. But Andrew may be compelled to appear as a witness in a UK court. Under the terms of the treaty, officials could interview him on behalf of US prosecutors. Viewed from London, neither option looks especially appealing. Or as one source put it to the Sun: “It’s a diplomatic nightmare.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/09/bbc-interview-haunts-prince-andrew-as-us-prosecutors-push-to-break-deadlock

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It would have been better PR to throw him to the sharks from the beginning and condemn the behaviour of all involved.

The "nothing to see here" approach may very well backfire.

• Advertisement

He no longer has any royal dutys, its possible more detailed evidence will come out as there's more legal cases in America. Its strange he denys meeting a young woman who claims she had sex with him. There's a photo published in many papers showing him standing next to her.
    I think this case is past the point of the Royal family being embarrassed. He was friends for a long time with Epstein even after Epstein was a convicted pedophile the friendship continued.
    I think what will happen is Andrew will agree to be interviewed by some American official in the UK to put some end to this I think he has no wish to go back to America
    for obvious reasons

Not sure he would want to be interviewed for fear he could implicate himself in a crime. Lets not forget he was a regular visitor to Epsteins mansion in New York which by all accounts was a party venue packed with young girls walking around half naked. Of course Andrew says he didnt see them but we all know that to be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Stanley 1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Sure didn't Thatcher f$#k all the miners in the 80's?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

After Andrew thinking that his BBC interview with Emily Matlis went well, anyone with half a brain in the Palace knows to keep him well away from detectives for as long as possible. The BBC, national Broadcaster, a pet interviewer and a list of pre-prepared, soft questions and still he couldn't help the stupid lies he came out with that dug him in the hole deeper.

Andrew, by all accounts, is an insufferable arrogant royal who genuinely believes because he's a prince he's above the law, above scrutiny and how dare us peasants challenge his word. Half an hour with even a novice interrogator would give them so much information. Probably what's in the public domain is the very tip of the iceberg so could easily bring down the monarchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

After the yanks very sneekly flew a diplomat out of the country after they killed a person in a hit and run with their car so there could be no "interview" the British won't be too quick to sling the queen's son under the bus...even if he's a chester with creepy features

• Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you replied to a post from 18 months ago. it went nowhere. it was never going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Goddammit

Not sure how that thread isnt buried 🤔

The civil case in New York against Andrew is still proceeding though. There is no concrete start date yet but its been speculated it could begin in June which would coincide with the Queens birthday and Platinium Julibee that celebrates her 70 years on the throne. The Royal Family are planning a huge celebration for it with tons of celebrities booked to perform at a concert in her honour at the start of June. There is also gong to be an extra public holiday for everyone in the UK to recognise it and the government are promoting it as a four day celebration "with a once-in-a-generation show that will mix the best of British ceremonial splendour and pageantry with cutting edge artistic and technological displays".

If Andrews case in New York does go ahead in June it will be very awkward for the Royal Family. On the one hand we'll see a massive celebration for her in the UK with him skulking around in the background and then on the other hand we'll see testimony from Virgina Guiffre accusing Andrew of being a paedophile. The timing of it could be an absolute PR disaster for the Royal Family and the problem for them is this four day celebration is on the Queens birthday, they cant move it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

It will show the Royal Family up for the pathetic bunch of overgrown infants they are though. A four day birthday party when one of their members is avoiding proceedings in another country for his connections to pedophilia and human trafficking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Be pretty excruciating for them alright.

Can't see it doing this though

Probably what's in the public domain is the very tip of the iceberg so could easily bring down the monarchy.

Yeah it would definitely do that if the stars align and the two events are happening simultaneously. Id say a few British celebs will be squeamish about performing at the big concert as well if we are literally hearing evidence of Andrews sweaty dancing with a minor in Tramps nightclub around that time. Not Elton John though, he'll be front and centre serenading Ma'am regardless of what happens.

Virginia will have her day in court regardless and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. At this moment in time Id bet Andrew would pay her any sum of money once she signs a non disclosure agreement as part of the settlement. If he could make it all go away for $20m or $30m Id say he would do it and it would have to be the Queen to fund it becasue he doesnt have that kind of money. They can file it in the accounts as 'PR expenses' to help keep the whole show on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm sure that is all correct but that isn't what was replied to.

I presume jep means trouble or jeopardy. He's not a US citizen he has no need to go to us court hearing he has been relieved of his royal dutys his TV interview a few years ago was a disaster he looks like an overpriveleged spoiled idiot who was stupid and has no sympathy for ordinary people

It's hard to think he spent so much time in epsteins company without knowing there was something strange going on epstein was rich he had alot of friends in high society he visited the white House 19 times to see Clinton in the last few years with me too movement we have seen many revelations about how rich famous people would take advantage of young women who worked for them

Unless some one can prove he did something illegal he, ll probably get away with it apart from his reputation never being the same as it was before the court case started

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are you treated differently in the eyes of the law based on who your mother is?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,060 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

For his whole life Andrew has been treated differently in the eyes of the law based on who his mother is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭dogbert27

"Unless some one can prove he did something illegal he, ll probably get away with it apart from his reputation never being the same as it was before the court case started"

Which is really the crux of this. I believe if they had sex in the UK at the time then she was of legal age and no law was broken unless she is claiming that he deliberately raped her which would mean she should be taking a legal case through the UK courts.

If they had sex in New York then I believe she would have been a minor and it is why the civil case was filed there.

But from what I have read everything was supposed to have happened on UK soil so apart from the sordid details of a creepy older man there wasn't a law broken.

The Maxwell case has started. Is Virginia Roberts not a part of that?

And why if there is no law actually broken is she just focused on Andrew?

She was in Epstein and Maxwell's company for years with a former boyfriend saying she would actively recruit girls for them.

It's all just a bit fxxked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,060 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

The age of consent of 16 in the UK is only relevant to "simple" sexual relationships - boyfriend/girlfriend, or something more casual. For sexual offences involving trafficking, prostitution, procurement, exploitation, etc, anyone under 18 is considered to be a "child". So if the Duke had met 17-year-old Giuffre by chance while having a quiet pizza in Woking one evening, as he so often did, and they had begun a consensual relationship which became sexual, I think there would be no (legal) problem. But if she was brought into the UK in order to have sex with the Duke, or to perform other sex acts for or upon him, or if Epstein/Maxwell arranged a sexual encounter with Giuffre for the Duke, or hoped to derive business or other benefits from the relationship themselves, you're looking at trafficking/procurement/etc, and the fact that Giuffre was over 16 at the time would not provide much in the way of a defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Advertisement