Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

mrcheez wrote: »
    how do you add to cart when you own it? The button is disabled

Try the store homepage link. I saw the same thing when I first searched to see if I had it already.

Or, try the launcher store homepage link.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Moon54 wrote: »
    Try the store homepage link. I saw the same thing when I first searched to see if I had it already.

Or, try the launcher store homepage link.

I went in there and the "Owned" button was changed to "Get" now

Odd, I now have 2 entries for Alien Isolation in my library

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

GOG are having a Polish Games Festival/sale at the moment. Buy any game, and sign up for the GOG newsletter, and you'll also get a 15% discount code for peripherals at the Razer Store. Which is annoying, as I've just bought a mouse from them at full price. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Not a game, but a very useful little app for gaming, Lossless Scaling is €0.79 or 80% off atm.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/993090/Lossless_Scaling/

I use this a lot for properly scaling older games to modern resolutions, without the blur that comes with using fullscreen GPU scaling.
    AMD has something similar, Integer Scaling, althrough this app has a couple of nice features like Anti-Aliasing and darkening secondary monitor.
    It's DRM-Free too, so just copy and use it on any machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Fury Unleashed is 9.99 on Steam until 2pm tomorrow, but weirdly only 9.89 if you get it in a bundle with the rest of the developer's games.

It's a side-scrolling platformer roguelike with upgrades between runs, a bit like Dead Cells or Rogue Legacy.
    It's got an interesting combo mechanic where the more kills you string together in fairly quick succession, the more resources you gather for upgrades, but at the obvious risk of dying sooner. Plus occasional mini-quests within a run which will offer you bonuses in exchange for things like "melee the next 5 enemies", which you have to weight up the risks of.
    The whole thing is framed as happening within the panels of a comic, with a meta-story about the comic's creator.

From a few hours playing last night the various elements are well thought out and fit together well, worth a look if you like the Hades / Dead Cells / Rogue Legacy genre. Definitely has that "one more run" aspect that kept me up way too late.

• Advertisement

Among Us free on Epic this week
    (can't post link right now)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,088 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

MOH wrote: »
    Among Us free on Epic this week
    (can't post link right now)

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/among-us

Company of Heroes 2 supposedly free on Steam all weekend.

Price is coming up as zero but it's asking me for payment details and then giving an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Price is coming up as zero but it's asking me for payment details and then giving an error.

worked for me just now, are you logged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

At €5.14 for all the DLC too I would add that in especially if you have plans to play online.

But be weary if you go online there is people who know this game like the back of their hand and will trash you in minutes of a round starting, saying this with 700hrs (too many?? :D) in this game but a lot of that is against 1 particular Boards user also :pac:

• Advertisement

worked for me just now, are you logged in?

Yep, was in the Steam application, definitely logged in.
    Must have been a glitch on their end, working now.

Few decent deals on Steam sale:
    Oxygen not Included 9.19

Divinity:Original Sin Definitive Edition 17.99

Rogue Legacy 2.87

Outer Wilds 12.59

Frostpunk free on Epic this week

(timely since I'm binging my way through Snowpiercer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/indie-bundle-for-palestinian-aid-on-itch-offers-over-1000-games-for-un-relief

Only 5 dollars for 1000 games but you can give as much as you like. Stick an extra 20 in you won't notice it.

Few good deals on GOG:
    (sorry if prices are slightly off, for some reason I'm seeing them all in USD)

Invisible Inc €5

The Pedestrian €8.39
    Fun original platform puzzler

The Sexy Brutale €5

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut €25.99

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw €8.49

Witcher 3 GOTY €10 (also 9.99 on both Humble Store and Epic)

Noita €13.29
    A quite novel roguelike. Classic in the sense there's no meta-progression like Hades/Dead Cells/etc.
    You progress in learning how the various mechanics and enemies work.
    But platformy in that nothing else stops when you do, and your flight ability is limited and always runs out at the wrong time.
    The main novel aspect being that every pixel in the generated dungeon is of a particular material which reacts with other materials in a variety of ways.
    Which generally ends up as a chaos simulator as you shoot a flaming bee which dies in a reservoir of oil, that burns through a wooden wall and unleashes a flood of whisky. Leaving you with drunk enemies and the artefact you wanted to collect surrounded by a sea of flame.
    For something that looks like a 2D pixelly platformer, and which I hated my first few runs through, there's a surprising amount of depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,228 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks like Civ VI has entered its twilight, they're releasing the Anthology today 10\6 for 50 quid. Has the base game and all the DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Vicxas wrote: »
    Looks like Civ VI has entered its twilight, they're releasing the Anthology today 10\6 for 50 quid. Has the base game and all the DLC

A pre-emptive strike against Humankind?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Vicxas wrote: »

I think it's on Humble Choice this month for $12

Control free on Epic this week

Also Genshin Impact

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Steam store set to crash at 6 today.
    Summer sale due to start

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Steam store set to crash at 6 today.
    Summer sale due to start

Those days are over. Steam sales have been muck since refunds were introduced. better value on cdkeys all year round

• Advertisement

Yeah they're not great now but it still seems to crash. Whether it's due to too many people or just launching the sale causing problems.
    Think that's why people rush it. Hoping to catch pricing errors

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah I just look at it now to see if there any Steam events to do to maybe get some badges or stickers for funzees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭Glebee

God remember when a steam sale used to mean something and they had different games on sale at different times..

Im guessing the usual site problems are happening because if it is not and the prices im seeing are actual sale prices it absolute crap.

Yeah the discounts hadn't all been applied when I checked at about 6:15 but all there now.
    Thought I got Life is Strange 2 last time it was on sale. Guess not.
    That's probably the only one I'll get.

Great time for isthereanydeal to be down

Rebel Galaxy free on Epic this week

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/rebel-galaxy

Decent Humble Bundle for 7.57, including Battletech and XCom 2

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/big-brain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

Epic games $10/€10 coupons are back if you resubcribe to their game store emails.

Will post here as well since I'm sure a lot of people don't read the Gamepass thread but may be interested.

The 3 months for €1 offer is back for new and returning members. And after subscribing, you can upgrade to Ultimate for another €1 to get an extra month.

So 4 months for €2. I just did it myself

https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/xbox-game-pass/pc-games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭romperstomper

PC 1 Month

Microsoft Corporation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Nope, they give u a bonus month after you sign up. So it's 3 months for 1e. Thank you

• Advertisement

Yep. Says at the link

"Join now to get your first 3 months for € 1."

Advertisement