Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

For the King free on Epic, decent little tactical/RPG game. Was previously free last April so you may have it.

Also free this week Metro:Last Light Redux

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

XCOM2 is 4euro on steam atm

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Assassin's Creed Chronicles (China) is free on ubisoft, you can select it here.

https://store.ubi.com/eu/assassin-s-creed-chronicles-all-games?lang=en-SK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Rage 2 and Absolute Drift free on Epic for the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

XCOM2 is 4euro on steam atm

Picked up this and WOTC, has taken me a while to come to terms with the fact my dudes ARE going to get injured and killed, but now that I have it's a lot of fun. Don't really know what optimal builds are, or what missions to target, and never going to play on Ironman mode or anything but whatever, it's single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭phily2002

Decent adventure humble bundle up. Tales of monkey island, batman telltale series and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Just in case you missed it when it was free on Epic, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is €3.99 on Steam at the moment. Great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Just in case you missed it when it was free on Epic, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is €3.99 on Steam at the moment. Great game!

Brilliant game, get on it!

Sunless Sea free on Epic this week.

Fairly original RPG set in the Fallen London world.
    Quite text heavy but very well written.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Sinking City has been relisted on Steam today with a 60% discount

For anyone unfamiliar, it was delisted last August after the developers got into a protracted legal battle with their publisher. It was relisted for 24 hours back in January before another legal action got it taken down again, so no guarantees it'll stay on Steam this time either.

Edit: This appears to be a version released by the publisher, not the developers Frogwares who are distancing themselves from it. DLCs not included and it's possible it may not be supported in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

WXcd8aj.png

Free 7 day Xbox pass with every pack of pringles. But wait, there's more... Ocassionally you may win an Xbox.

https://www.pringles.com/ie/home.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/10/get-12-free-warhammer-pc-games-with-white-dwarf-462/

if you like your Warhammer games, there's 12 of them free with the next issue of White Dwarf magazine. Most are smaller strategy games, but Vermintide 2 is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

Next question, where can we buy White Dwarf? Would Easons sell it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Morte wrote: »
    Next question, where can we buy White Dwarf? Would Easons sell it?

Yes, Easons do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Last time I bought white dwarf was around issue 220, I must be getting old if they are up to 462.
    Few nice games alright.
    Do you know when it would typically hit the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this Friday the 19th

I should add one small caveat on the White Dwarf bundle. The games are provided by a single key that activates a bundle called "White Dwarf Magazine 2020 - One Time Promotion". There's no spare keys that you can pass on for anything unwanted or duplicate.

Rage 2 €3.29 on CDKeys

registers on Bethesda.net

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

One Finger Death Punch 2 on Fanatical for a euro

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/one-finger-death-punch-2

You can also save 7% with the discount code SAVE7 but you have to spend over €2 to do so, which I didn't

I played a ton of the first game and thought it was great fun

the latest Fanatical Bundle has some good games
    tiers
    1 for €1
    5 for €2.99
    10 for €4.99

some highlights
    Homeworld: Remastered Collection
    Call of Juarez
    Close to the Sun
    Syberia 3
    Sim City 4
    Brawlout
    Steamworld Dig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Skerries wrote: »
    the latest Fanatical Bundle has some good games
    tiers
    1 for €1
    5 for €2.99
    10 for €4.99

some highlights
    Homeworld: Remastered Collection
    Call of Juarez
    Close to the Sun
    Syberia 3
    Sim City 4
    Brawlout
    Steamworld Dig

Leisure suit larry for €1....gotta have that. So many childhood memories :D

EDIT: wow it was removed... guess someone got offended

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

haven't played a Halo game, but the Master Chief Collection worth 19.99 on Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CastorTroy wrote: »
    haven't played a Halo game, but the Master Chief Collection worth 19.99 on Steam?

I'd say it is. I never played them on PC though just each game on the Xbox and Xbox 360 and Xbox One when they were released. I also replayed the first one when it was re-released on the Xbox 360.

I also own the Masterchief collection on my Xbox Series X and I am a bit into the first game again and it is decent and plan to eventually get through each game on the MCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CastorTroy wrote: »

Check how much it is on the Xbox store. If think you wouldn't play it long term it might be worth signing up to game pass for a few months using the upgrade trick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Definitely worth it, though you could just buy a months worth of Xbox live for €12-€15 and play through all the games that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought of game pass but pretty safe to say I wouldn't play the whole series in a month. Likely just play one in that time.
    I'll buy for that price. Should fit nicely in the backlog to plan on thinking about playing at some point. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Berlin was great for 2 weeks but had nothing to do after

Alien: Isolation free on Epic for a week from 4pm today.
    (Huh, I appear to have already have it free since last Christmas. No memory of that, must actually play it this time)

Also Hand of Fate 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

MOH wrote: »
    Alien: Isolation free on Epic for a week from 4pm today.
    (Huh, I appear to have already have it free since last Christmas. No memory of that, must actually play it this time)

Make sure you get this again, even if you already have it from the last time.
    Add to the cart and checkout, it will then add the Last Survivor DLC for free.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Moon54 wrote: »
    Make sure you get this again, even if you already have it from the last time.
    Add to the cart and checkout, it will then add the Last Survivor DLC for free.
    :)

how do you add to cart when you own it? The button is disabled

Advertisement