Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After a Dump - Door open or door closed?

• 25-11-2021 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭

Settle this argument for me boardsies: At work we have 4 mens toilets (no urinals), in a row that lead directly on to a corridor. So each with their own door and hand basin. Each has a small window going outside.

Some of the Neanderthals working here think it's better to leave the door open after doing the business to 'air the room out a bit' Only problem is that they smell of shyte then gets into a busy corridor.

My argument is to open the window, yes it takes longer for the smell to disseminate, but at least we don't have to breath in someone else's excrement. I brought this up at lunch and was surprised at the amount of people who were in favour of leaving the door open (it's about 50:50), even though they all complain about the smell of shyte in the corridor.

So what do Boards think?

1. Door open, smell of shyte leaves the room quickly but it means you have a near permanent smell of it in the corridor all day (especially bad in the morning and after lunch).
    2. Window open, whiff stays in the bog a bit longer, but the corridor is free of it all day.
    3. Atari Jaguar's shyte doesn't smell.

EDIT: (Mods can add a poll if they want, no idea how to do that).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Close the door, for Jaysus' sake. Keep the smell of shite in the jacks, where you'd be half expecting it anyway. Nobody wants to smell shite in a corridor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, what IS the etiquette??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Don't tell the boss this is your post or you be in the siht...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

You need to get back to work and stop bothering us with your ****

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Open a window. Door open is just rude, can be funny but it’s rude.

Get HR to send around a “memo”. Advice that the window should be opened, should probably be open for covid reasons as it is.

Also, no harm in suggesting that all “users” carrying a small book of matches on their person and to strike 2 if there’s a, particularly, strong stench coming from the stall.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement

You brought this up at lunch?

You sound like one classy guy.

If there is a window in the bathroom why on earth would people want to open the door to let the smell out into the hall. Madness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EDIT: (Mods can add a poll if they want, no idea how to do that).

Instead of new discussion, click on the arrow beside it and select the new poll option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭thefallingman

haha deffo open the window, why are some people so fking weird. We had an occurrence a while back where one man was basically crapping in the jacks, and then filling it to the top with jacks roll. Like right up to the brim so if you flushed it would block. My solution was to leave a witty note on the door to the gents and it stopped. Turns out it was a man in his fifties. I believe womens toilets are worse according to the girls in my job

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Neither open and close the door quickly to try and let the smell waft a bit. Who knows it might make sure people wear masks!😀

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Splish Splash

Get some little empty spray bottles in a €2 shop and make this:

Pop a bottle in each of the toilets and problem solved (it really works!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Close the door.

A lad expects the cubicle to stink of shite but not a corridor. Leaving the door open is not doing anyone any favours.

I think the offenders secretly want to enjoy the waft of their own arseholes lingering but dress it up as grave concerrn for the next occupant. I'm calling BS on it.

Close the door Godammit.

Post edited by partyguinness on

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭PicardWithHair

If only there was a thread to discuss this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thebourke

office environment or construction site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Shite out the window. Leave the door open. Everyones happy.

Advertisement