Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 emanresu123

Amazon.

I went ahead and cancelled it and refunded.

Bought it again this morning.

I have Prime trial so it said the delivery would be this Monday (or Tuesday?). Grand I thought!

But after completing the purchase, delivery date is now Nov 11th!

Is that normal? Any chance it might come sooner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Update UPS won't let me book online some internal security error which i suspect revolves around the battery.

DPD Don't seem to list the UK as an option in the drop down quote thingy. Mentions the UK lots but cannot find out how. Also they list batteries as restricted.

Great craic this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Make sureits the slowest service with UPS, that goes by road and it should be ok.

I did the cheapest and still got that problem. Maybe a phonecall will fix it as reading their own terms re batteries they are exempt as a hazardous material in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

I've shipped batteries with UPS lots of times without issues. I'd say that's some technical issue with the site.

• Advertisement

So i ring UPS and they say no amazon have to create a pickup.

Back to Amazon and they say no.

Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

just notice the return option changes today, rarely needed to use the option, came across this

it appears even with prepaid labels, depending on the reason for return. Amazon would deducted the cost of shipment from amount to be refunded.

never noticed before, as Items I returned in the past were faulty and so I was entitled to the full refund and free return.

also noticed now they given the option to refund to your amazon account, before the only option I got was refund to payment mythod used for the order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Anyone ever have issues with Amazon and Customs?

My delivery from Amazon through An Post just updated with the message "Customs clearance have identified a problem with the customs declaration accompanying your item. We are working with the retailer to fix the issue."

Just wondering if anyone has had it and knows how long it might delay the delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Amazon UK sending out an email

-----------------------------------

VAT & Duties Calculation

-----------------------------------

When shopping on Amazon.co.uk, all prices are shown inclusive of UK VAT before checkout but this is removed and updated with any Irish VAT and / or duties that are due when you proceed to checkout and select an Irish delivery address. Here are some common examples:

On orders less than €150 dispatched from Amazon UK (Irish VAT due):

- The price you see before checkout is inclusive of UK VAT, at the appropriate rate (e.g. 20%).

- UK VAT is removed at checkout and you will instead see Irish VAT applied (e.g. 23%) once an Irish delivery address is selected.

- E.g. a cable with a price of €15.18 (including UK VAT), changes to €15.55 at checkout (€12.65 with UK VAT removed + €2.90 Irish VAT added).

On orders more than €150 dispatched from Amazon UK (custom duties and taxes where applicable):

- The price you see before checkout is inclusive of UK VAT (e.g. 20%).

- UK VAT is removed at checkout and once an Irish delivery address is selected

you will instead see 1) an item price which excludes VAT, and 2) an Import Fee Deposit which includes Irish VAT (23%), and any applicable duties (for some products no duties are applied).

- E.g. a ladies coat with a price of €200.92 (including UK VAT) changes to €230.65 at checkout (UK VAT is removed and replaced with Irish VAT and duties, which in this example would be €167.43 ex-VAT price + €63.22 Import Fee Deposit and Irish VAT).

On orders dispatched from Marketplace Sellers:

- The price of items which are dispatched from our Marketplace Sellers are inclusive of any applicable VAT and duties, and no further payment will be due. If for any reason you are charged additional costs (e.g., by customs authorities), in addition to the purchase price and delivery, you can contact the Seller to request a refund of these costs.

- Should the Seller not reply or resolve the issue for you, you are eligible to file an A-to-Z Guarantee claim with us to request a refund.

- For more information about our A-to-Z Guarantee, please visit https://amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GQ37ZCNECJKTFYQV

Visit the Irish Revenue site for more information on how VAT and duties are applied: https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/buying-goods-from-outside-the-eu.aspx

We hope this helps and that we see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭I am me123

My parcel from China to Ireland has the latest tracking info. Seems to be in Belgium now? Would my parcel take much longer to deliver?

Herstal,Herstal,BE, Departed from Facility.

2021-11-22 09:19

Herstal,Herstal,BE, Arrived at Sort Facility.

2021-11-15 11:03

Custom clearance completed

2021-11-13 21:00

Arrived at AIRPORT of Destination

2021-11-12 12:07

Departed from AIRPORT of Origin

2021-11-09 22:30

CHINA, Arrive at international airport to abroad

2021-11-09 13:30

SHENZHEN, Departed Facility In processing center

2021-11-09 07:57

Departed Facility in SHENZHEN

2021-11-08 19:39

Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN

2021-11-08 11:55

Shipment information received

Operation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I am going to purchase a few items from Amazon Germany and want to sign up to prime for the free month. Can someone clarify the process of when I have to cancel by so as to not get charged etc

I was going to purchase off amazon uk as normal but the customs talk has really put me off.

Are people here still using amazon uk as pre brexit?

I am looking at a waffle maker thing €100 and wireless keyboard and mouse. And two office desk items. All around between €15 & €30 on Amazon Germany.

Be great to get some clarity

• Registered Users Posts: 40,127 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Amazon UK sent the info below to customers last thursday. I would not let customs issues prevent me from ordering from Amazon UK

When shopping on Amazon.co.uk, all prices are shown inclusive of UK VAT before checkout but this is removed and updated with any Irish VAT and / or duties that are due when you proceed to checkout and select an Irish delivery address. Here are some common examples:

On orders less than €150 dispatched from Amazon UK (Irish VAT due):

- The price you see before checkout is inclusive of UK VAT, at the appropriate rate (e.g. 20%).

- UK VAT is removed at checkout and you will instead see Irish VAT applied (e.g. 23%) once an Irish delivery address is selected.

- E.g. a cable with a price of €15.18 (including UK VAT), changes to €15.55 at checkout (€12.65 with UK VAT removed + €2.90 Irish VAT added).

On orders more than €150 dispatched from Amazon UK (custom duties and taxes where applicable):

- The price you see before checkout is inclusive of UK VAT (e.g. 20%).

- UK VAT is removed at checkout and once an Irish delivery address is selected

you will instead see 1) an item price which excludes VAT, and 2) an Import Fee Deposit which includes Irish VAT (23%), and any applicable duties (for some products no duties are applied).

- E.g. a ladies coat with a price of €200.92 (including UK VAT) changes to €230.65 at checkout (UK VAT is removed and replaced with Irish VAT and duties, which in this example would be €167.43 ex-VAT price + €63.22 Import Fee Deposit and Irish VAT).

On orders dispatched from Marketplace Sellers:

- The price of items which are dispatched from our Marketplace Sellers are inclusive of any applicable VAT and duties, and no further payment will be due. If for any reason you are charged additional costs (e.g., by customs authorities), in addition to the purchase price and delivery, you can contact the Seller to request a refund of these costs.

- Should the Seller not reply or resolve the issue for you, you are eligible to file an A-to-Z Guarantee claim with us to request a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Right, but if I order through Amazon Germany I dont have to consider any of that?

Id much prefer continue as before but it seems to makes more sense to either shop locally or online from an EU country.

I may be missing something here of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

I don't think you get free shipping to Ireland with amazon.de - not 100% on that, so open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Can you sign up for Prime on the German site? Are there any benefits? I've read before that you will still have to pay for delivery from Germany but as I have never ordered there myself I cant say for sure.

I have ordered a few times from Amazon UK since the beginning of the year. No issues and just the same as pre-Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I wouldn’t bother signing up to Prime on Amazon Germany as they don’t offer free shipping to Ireland. Only the UK site does.

Once your order is below €150 (split your order to keep it under this if needs be) there should only be the VAT difference of 3% on your order and you’ll see this before you pay on the last screen of the order process. There won’t be anything extra to pay.

Another thing to consider ordering from any of the Amazon EU sites is anything electrical with a plug will come with a EU plug and need an adopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

Ordered the Galaxy Watch 4 Silver & Galaxy buds for for £240 yesterday.

When I had a UK address selected as address, it was showing as a couple of days deliver, but I opted to have it shipped to my home address in Ireland. Now there is no delivery date scheduled, just showing as "Not Yet dispatched"

Should I get these items before Xmas? Can't see any indication as to when delivery is available

Does it take long for items to arrive from Amazon Germany, delivering to Ireland?

Thank you 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I use them a lot since Brexit, you'll get a shipping estimate during the order process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Bought some things that wouldn't ship to Ireland from the UK site from the DE site a while back. From memory it took about 3-4 days and was delivered by Amazon themselves here, only downside was the ~€8 delivery but I can get over that

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info guys.

Just wanted to ask if the delivery estimate given is accurate for delivery between Germany and Ireland?

Does it take long for items to be dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Mine arrived a day or two early, items that were fulfilled by Amazon

That's great. Thank you. I've a parcel I ordered today from Amazon.de with an estimated delivery date of next week, just hope it arrives on time.

My item is not yet dispatched, will dispatch take long? (Normally)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't think you can expect an absolute answer for all Amazon deliveries from Germany or anywhere else, but my experience has been that I have ordered a number of items over the past year and the delivery has overall been excellent.

Thank you 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

i bought a Samsung Odyssey g9 from German amazon, arrived on time and perfect condition.

Just realised this thread is over a year old now. 😮

I find Amazon DE orders almost always come a day earlier than the indicated delivery date. This is for orders shipped with Amazon Logistics, An Post are probably a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Anyone know roughly how long refunds take to process these days?

Bought a new laptop last week from Amazon, the battery wouldn't charge up so it went back and was delivered to Portlaoise on the 26th, 5 days ago. Not the best time for all this with Black Friday and all that but still, I need to order another laptop pretty soon and could do with the refund being sorted.

Thanks all. Got email this morning saying my parcel is dispatched so fingers crossed 🤞 I should get it next week, as scheduled.

Does it take long for An Post to update tracking details?

Tried to put in supplied tracking number into their website, and nothing came up.

• Advertisement

It won't appear with An Post until it arrives in Ireland. You can see all the tracking details on Amazon.

Advertisement