Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Network Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not that I’ve noticed @Brayden Careful Pensioner. I more watch matches than full episodes. I remember there being an issue early on where the old stuff just wouldn’t play(i think it was around summerslam time because I commented on it) whereas new stuff was fine. That makes two of us that doesn’t understand how this all works but it does.

And to follow up i checked the nitro episode where double A himself retired and gave curt hennig his spot and it’s working sweet as a nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,185 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nic Kahn said there should be news soon on a streaming partnership for the Network in the UK so expect the end of the WWE Network as it's here at the moment and expect a Peacock version of it to arrive.

Well let’s hope they use proper amounts of lube before they **** the Irish subscribers over again like they did a few years ago. So will it be linked to sky because I know peacock is launching as part of sky before the end of the year here.

edit: it says Q4 in Ireland, UK, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Italy at no extra cost. Interesting.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• I unsubscribed a few weeks ago. Every device I tried old Nitros on, it would constantly stall and the loading circle would keep coming up.

Only way I'll ever get it back in is if we get the 4.99 deal over here (which includes ads) that the US has. I have to watch a 20 second ad before every video anyway and was paying 12.99.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If anything I would say we will be going backwards with the Sky/Peacock deal 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭oneilla

Peacock launched today for Sky and NowTV customers as an add-on.

DAZN is lining up to takeover BT Sports content for streaming so I would imagine due to either of these measures the days of the network are numbered. Enjoy the archive while you can.

As there a break in the F1 I went and had a look at the set up for peacock on sky and on a very brief view it looks messy. Please don’t have them move it to sky under peacock.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good to see another series of Ruthless Aggression starting up tomorrow is it ?

What ever happened to the Legends episode for Lex Luger ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

If it means I can watch it via Sky Go with my old man's subscription then I'll be ok with that. Saves me 13 quid a month which I really should have cancelled by now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭plibige

Anyone any info on what is happening with the network? I normally subscribe for a month around Christmas just to watch some ppvs i can't source elsewhere. But if its turning up on now or a similar service soon I won't bother this year

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

My son-in-law is into this WWE and I wanted to get him a 3 month voucher for Xmas. They are selling them in Smyths for €38.97, but I found them in Walmart $29.97 (quite a price difference..).

So my questions are, will he need to have a VPN to view the Walmart version of this gift card and/or is there anywhere else I can but this that would not have geographical restrictions (if there are any..)?

Thanks in advance 🙂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No sign of it disappearing just yet anyways. Peacock shows are on Sky now but it looks like they've only done a deal for tv shows as opposed to any sports (or..ahem .. sports entertainment) that Peacock has.

What I'm worried about long term is that they'll get rid of the Network here and go back to the PPV model, 25 quid a month is just not something I'm going to pay after years of having the Network.

Yeah if you get the voucher from Walmart he will need to sign up with a US based account and VPN. I'm not sure about long term maybe some of the regulars who used the Network with a US account might shed some light on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,185 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't risk it myself to be honest as the WWE Network is no longer the WWE Network in the US it is part the Peacock streaming platform now so I wouldn't be sure US vouchers actually still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jo187

I don't see it that happening. Having the network in the USA and charging us full price won't work.

Most people would just VPN the network here

That horse has bolted. I went back and looked at the comments from nick khan a month ago and he said they were talking about what to do and where the host it this side of the Atlantic. I’ve no doubt there’s something coming but reading it again it doesn’t sound imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ghuti

I recently resubscribed after a 3 year break from the network. Is anyone else having awful buffering issues? I have fast Internet but on ps4 and ps5 on two different teles the buffering is unbearable. One is a sony 2020 android TV and the app appears to be missing on it. Is there another easy way I can watch this on my television without awful buffering. Tablet and phone works fine. Really making me regret getting it again.

• It became unwatchable for me on Xbox in the last year. Constant buffering on any old stuff I tried to watch (Nitros etc). Anything new like broken skull sessions would work fine though which was weird.

I got a Philips android TV before Xmas and decided to subscribe again to see would it work on that and it's been working perfectly.

Bar that time around summerslam a few years when it feel on its arse, I have to say that touch wood it’s been great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becky on the Stone Cold sessions is a very good watch. She has such an engaging personality, and even though she's told her story a lot of times now you're never bored. Sad to hear her say that she despises Charlotte now and vice versa. Interestingly also she says that she didn't really enjoy her run as The Man because she felt she didn't have the freedom to do her own thing.

for something that was an hour and 25 minutes it flew by. Very enjoyable and the junior cert got a mention which I’m sure the dept of education will love. Interesting story as to when she got pregnant. It’s easy to see why the fans get behind her as she’s so easy to like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Becky explaining to Austin what exactly is Junior Cert was priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Bubba Ray original trainer sounds like a total carny.

Not network related but A&E returning with a new series of Legends. Can't wait for it

'We’re BACK and BIGGER than ever! You’ve got premium all-new WWE content COMING AT YOU starting Sunday, July 10. With unprecedented access to WWE’s archive, Biography: WWE Legends RETURNS with Undertaker, Goldberg, Nikki Bella and Brie Bella, Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, Lex Luger, Adam Edge Copeland, and D-Generation X. Plus all-new series WWE Rivals and after show WWE Smack Talk, airing back-to-back each Sunday. If you’re not sitting ringside, we’ve got the best seat in the house!'

The A&E Legends episode on the Undertaker is very good

Also a new series of 'WWE Rivals' is that the same one that was on the network ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭oneilla

I'm looking to subscribe for the summer, is there a trick to get the network cheaper than €12.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

I have peacock for the network it's 5 dollars a month

Is anyone interested in splitting costs of premium peacock 10 dollars (no ads + downloads)

So it be 5 dollars each or as it's showing up now in euros for some reason 6 euro each.

You need a VPN for it to work

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

Does anyone know where I can watch the rivals show? I don't have the network.

My normal sites don't have it

Advertisement