Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suspicious activity

Options
  • 20-11-2021 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Folks seem this footprint just inside a field gate off the farm laneway bit suspicious as no one would have any reason to enter the field to my knowledge anyway but of a longshoreman does anyone know what make of wellie or boot it is ?

Comments

Yes it's a wellington

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

It is a wellington all right but no ordinary one , Russian pattern. Slovak moulding. Have a good search on the land for a used parachute, well concealed but hastily done, and watch for red dots on your forehead back or chest while doing so... best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Could be some lad is missin a Whitehead heifer and was out lookin for her...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

You can tell it's a Whitehead Heifer from the foot print? 😆

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭bosallagh88

Yea but he would be able to see the whole field from the lane without going in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Any footprint going out, if not he's still in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

https://youtu.be/L5HzNhn6aKk

Post edited by Lime Tree Farm on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭jimini0

If it's just one foot print then you would be looking for a one legged man or woman. Now to get an idea of shoe size that should narrow things down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We had “visitors” in the yard this week. wee runners have access to yard and field. They were herded against electric fence in yard until they knocked it and then into a corner against a gate which was broken.

Cant figure what was going on, the gate was broken but messed with and closed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭epfff

Shooters? Coursing? Other types of Doggers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

It's either someone trying to beat the "Fastest mule hopping" world record, or Heather Mills has paid you a visit. If it's the latter, at least your cows are safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,744 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Do not accept an offer of a cup of tea either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭Tow

A two legged fox.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I get these cnuts the whole time...leaving gates open and electric fence wire on the ground....the ignorance boils my piss

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Met a fellow walking up our lane today. I roll down the window.

Are you all right?

Ah, yeah.

Are you looking for me?

Ah, no.

Well, who are you looking for?

Ah, I'm just out for a walk....

Well, there's nothing up here only a farmyard, and it's private property.

Ah, all right...

Wasn't the sharpest tool in the box, or a good actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

THought this might fit in here 4 the laugh🤣

Feck!

Great idea!

Any mate with a trail cam would be fodder for a visit some night while dressed up in something from The Wicker Man.

You'd only want to do it once, mind.

A backside full of 7.5 shot wouldn't be nice....

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭bosallagh88

Yea could be a scout or acting soft I should have said the tracts lead to the gate I could see where it had been opened and closed again but no more tracks so unless something or someone passing car etc disturbed him just seemed strange

does anyone recognise the make of wellingtons by the track ? I know it wouldn’t prove anything at all and you could never accuse anyone wearing the same wellie but could something to look out for again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Saw lads out lamping the other week. Was working late myself, cranky and clearing a blocked channel so hopped into the van and tore down the road to tell em to clear off. Still have stock out and last thing ya need is big lights jeeps and dogs around the place in the middle of the night. They went with little argument but perhaps the state and mood I was in had them wondering what I would do as opposed the other way around. Now prob not the smartest thing to do but I saw on twitter there a young female farmer confront lads at the same craic as well and they were a lot more intimidating in their behaviour. I'd always said I'd never have a gun about the place as their are enough things to go wrong but enough of those fcukers calling around would have you leaning that way

Spent ages trying to figure out what was going on in our yard. Few bits moved about but no idea why they herded stock up into a corner against a gate until it busted. Then worked the gate closed with stock still in yard. It’s odd.

we wondered if they were being penned for stealing but I didn’t think Angus and limousine 250kg weanlings would be a target.

will get a few wifi cameras now for about the yard. Am angry because my 13yo daughter is around the yard lots on her own doing jobs with her pony when I’m not around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭breakemall

The single footprint reminds me of something I came across many moons ago.

I was out hunting and came across footprints in the mud. Odd thing was, it was only a left foot each time so I was puzzled. Recounted the story to a friend and he solved the mystery. There was a local character who wore wellies a lot but always cracked the right one at the ankle, so he would buy two pairs of wellies at a time that were a size bigger than he needed. He would wear the first pair until the right boot cracked and put the left boot aside, then wear the second pair until the right boot cracked again. Then he would wear the two left boots until they too succumbed. Three pairs for the price of two...

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

We often do have esb/opw lads in the fields walking!! Never a issue with gates being left open tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,744 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Claim is they're hunting rabbits with lurchers etc, a lot of the time its a cover to case yards

A trail cam or two ( usually about €90) would be a good stop-gap untill you got wi-fi cameras installed. They all work in the dark, and take about 10 seconds whenever the beam is triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Dunedin

I’m someone that did an awful lot of lamping foxes 20 odd years ago. But things changed now with all the rural burgulies. I am chairman of the local gun club and I’m firmly against lamping for the reasons above. Still a few in the club that think they have a sense of entitlement to do - drives me crazy.

I do a small bit of shooting still but stick very local to lands where I know the farmer and they know me. No issues then but it’s the outsiders thinking they don’t need permission that upset everyone. If I saw people on my lands that I didn’t know, out they’d go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Just make sure you get the versions with non-visible Infra Red so that their location is not given away at night time.

We have one and moved it to the yard straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Had a visit from a lad in a 10 Rn registered jeep last week. I was in bed for a nap. He beeped the horn. Dogs were barking. I got up in time to see him kick one of the dogs. Bollox

Post edited by whelan2 on

Advertisement