Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭jj880

Ah ok pre-orders. Must look out for that for next console. It was chaos tryin to get an order in on launch day. Had to use autohotkey to fill the HN checkout page.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That's ridiculous, of course not. Wing126 is their middle name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Best piece of advice going forward on any new consoles just pre order them when there releasing a new one a few mths in advance. Have money on it before it's released instead of trying to get one on release day or soon afterwards as we saw this time last year on run up to Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I could have sworn preorders were up much later than that post. I watched the stream was about to call it a night after reading preorders would be up the next day, and then a little later seeing that post.

Post edited by Varik on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Got mine from Tesco of all places, also thanks to Boards. Can't remember who called it unfortunately, but god bless that person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Got mine on luck when dropping in on here and they said Carrickmines Currys had some in, literally got the last one... months ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Big sales in Smyths everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lad's quick question, big demand for these. They're also quite pricey €500 and there's limited supply. My question, are they worth the money and are they much of an improvement over a PlayStation 4?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Was still waiting for delivery at this time one year ago - didn't arrive until after five. Preordered early June or July but was still sweating until the preorder as confirmed the week before launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think it is a big improvement over the PS4 in a lot of ways, but so far there arent many great games released for the PS5 that aren't also available for the PS4.

I'm still very happy to have it, and have no doubt those games will come in time.

I'm looking forward to the Harry Potter game! 🤓😅

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Alan Wake is €20 in Smyths. Can't go wrong for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MikeRyan87

You on about the PSN Store or in shops?

In Smyths you have

Returnal 50

Rift Apart 45

Demons Souls, Far Cry 6 40

Riders Republic, Deathloop 35

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Yeah I saw them after I posted, I was looking at other stuff that was only €10-15 off and still €65.

Just a pity nothing interests me this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭jj880

The controller haptics are a novelty for me. Some games have great haptics, others not so much. An extra game each month on ps plus is worth considering. I think its the loading times that make it worth upgrading sooner rather than later. You hardly notice the PS5 loading anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,823 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For me I have a PS4 and had been thinking of upgrading to a Pro, but decided to just go with the PS5 since I knew I would get it at some point anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Some good sales on black Friday early ones.

Got deathloop , Alan wake remastered and guardians of the galaxy for around 120.

Happy enough. Also happy one year to the ps5 remember getting mine in cork at the time, was intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

Good price in smyths on rift apart and on PSN resident evil village is only €30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Got the wife to get me rift apart to keep as a Christmas present, was expecting it to go to €35 but it surely won't be cheaper than €45 between now and New year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sorry folks, another random PS5 question as young lad getting one for Xmas, coming from a PS4.

He plays FIFA a lot, and a few games online with pals. Once he gets the PS5 up and running, I assume he can play PS5 Fifa against someone on a PS4 Fifa?

And his career etc, can it be transferred on to the PS5, or is he going to be starting every game afresh?

Also assume his PSN account is easily transferred to PS5?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Also assume his PSN account is easily transferred to PS5?

Just log in as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Damien360

You can and you can’t depending on what is purchased. If he owns the PS4 digital version then he can load that on the PS5 as a PS4 game. Thereby, no issue with his buddies. But, if he buys the PS5 version he can only play against PS5 players. Basically the PS5 can happily play all PS4 games as if it’s a PS4. If you have the disc version of fifa and have bought a disc version of a PS5 machine, then load it as if it’s a PS4 game. Clear as mud !

not sure about his career from PS4 if he buys the PS5 version. If it’s PS4 version on each machine then it comes over in the cloud.

Loading his profile is a doddle on PS5 as long as he knows his passwords. If he hasn’t done so already then he should enable 2 factor authentication. Good time to start.

PS5 games must load to the internal SSD. PS4 games can be stored and played from an external USB plugged into one of the USB’s on the machine. So all his freebie games each month and whatever he wants to keep playing can stay on the USB.

Slightly disappointed to hear some of that. Obviously is he is getting a PS5 for Xmas, he'll be getting the PS5 versions of his fav games like FIFA and Farming Sim etc. So would it make sense to buy the PS4 version of FIFA22 and not the PS5 version?

Re: HDD, I assume you attach an external USB as normal to the PS5 to expand it?

Just that you can't play games off it, am I understanding that correctly? Or do you have to delete a game off to load another if you haven't got the space (which I assume is very likely considering the relatively small internal drive).

You attach as normal. You can store PS5 games on it but not play them from it. But you can store and play PS4 games from the USB.

Thats a bit of a balls!

I can envisage Xmas and the week following it presenting me with some headaches.

Which version PS5 did you get your hands on ?

So, taking your PS4 fifa22. Is it disc or digital version ? Then I can try explain your exact situation.

The PS5 games size appear to be smaller than their equivalent PS4 games and there isn’t that many of them right now. Better compression? The download speeds are also stunning.

He's getting the disc version.

Haven't bought Fifa yet, but assumed it would be best to buy the PS5 version. But all his mates will still have a PS4 after Xmas (afaik), so he may just have to keep his PS4 connected up to play with them.

Assuming he has PS4 disc version of Fifa22 now, he just loads that disc into the PS5, and via backwards compatibility it will load to the USB (if you bought one) or direct to PS5 internal SSD, and then he plays fifa22 ps4 version of the game on his new PS5 with the new controller but that is not the PS5 version of the same game. So he can play against his PS4 buddies. If you buy the PS5 version of fifa22, you get shiny new features but he can’t play his buddies unless they own a PS5.

Unlike previous PlayStation systems, the PS5 plays all your PS4 games.

Unfortunately fifa22 isn't purchased yet, but it seems a shame now to buy the ps4 version when he'll have a ps5.

But playing with mates might be more important than the extra features of the ps5 version.

• Advertisement
Advertisement