Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Options

Comments

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, personally.

I'd love Harris to step up to the mark and uncover the corruption but I'm not holding my breath.

He definitely has more chance of doing that than previous commissioners, simply due to the fact he's not from a garda background and already entangled with the endemic filth. Who knows though?

Harris should just fly Ted over and be done with it 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

I dont think Drew Harris is going to be able to do much in fairness. He pretty much has two hands tied behind his back with regard to rooting out gross incompetence & serious corruption if the investigating body (GSOC) don't have any real powers & rely on the co-operation of the gards themselves amongst other things. How often do we see gards face consequences for their actions in relation to gross incompetence or corruption? Close to never.

Im encouraged in recent times by some of the arrests made of gards & former gards with regard to gross abuse of power & corruption under Harris's reign. I believe he's doing his best to try & root out the corruption that exists currently & I'd imagine theres more than a few nervous gards around. The truth is though, he needs more support from the likes of GSOC & the department of Justice. GSOC either needs to be disbanded or completely reformed with much stronger investigative powers. Is the political appetite there?? I dont think it is under the current government but who knows.

As far as this case is concerned, I dont really believe there's much he can do as people with knowledge of what happened simply wont come forward for one reason or another. Maybe they dont want to damage their own family or a close friend, maybe they don't want to be implicated in the crime themselves, maybe they don't want to be charged with perverting the course of justice. All the relevant & key evidence has been destroyed so most of that can't even be tested again. The only way the case could be solved now would be somebodies conscious getting the better of them in my opinion.

I dont know about any of ye but even if a family member of mine or a close friend committed this horrific murder, I'd like to think I wouldn't give it a second thought about coming forward. I'm not from West Cork though I guess, strange bunch down there to put it mildly although I'm sure their not all whackjobs.

I think it has to come down to simple fear.... They know the gardai can make their lives hell if they start exposing corruption. Like you say, it's because there's no oversight.

• Advertisement

Wasn't my words. It was the words of someone involved in the Morris tribunal. I just repeated it.

I've no idea how these things work tbh

you posted it. do you normally post other's views without saying there are others? There are very specific law around tribunals, you cannot just waltz it or decide to join in to it

I've no idea how these things work tbh

obviously

That sentence doesn't make sense.

I read it from somebody involved to the extent that I presume they know what they're talking about.

You can't just bugger off can you? 🤣

It was around the same time as the murder so not irrelevant.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

but you cannot just team up in a tribunal. When you posted it you posted it as if it was your comment. If one is quoting someone else it is usual to say so. Telling someone to bugger off because they point this out shows you are not the intrepid sleuth you claim to be.

• Advertisement

I've never claimed any such thing, as I've told you multiple times now.

I told you to bugger off because you continually hound me. It's not acceptable. If you don't like my comments just scroll on by, and I'll put you back on ignore so I don't have to see yours either.

Their telling you to bugger off because you're hounding them & commenting on every post they make. Why dont you jog on and get a life instead of focusing on continually attacking one poster who at least contributed more to the thread than you ever did.

You're an absolute joke, continually going on about your sources without revealing anything really or who they are but attacking posters who dont reveal theirs. You know as much as the rest of us do, absolute bluffer.

Find another thread to sabotage and if you want to continue this conversation by pm with me, please feel free to do so.

Thanks Jim.

I've asked them repeatedly to stop too, my bad for responding back I guess!

I don't think anyone should be forced to reveal their sources to be honest. Folk can decide wether they believe what's said or not, no source is ever 100% reliable anyway. Journalists typically don't name their sources so I've no idea why people on here are being held to a higher ransom. You are right, it's hypocritical to expect me to reveal my sources when they won't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Since when is this thread only open to academics and scholars?

My understanding of this and every other forum, is that the ordinary member of the public, can contribute and learn more about the thread topic?

The majority of us are not in the legal profession, so cannot deem what the Tribunal protocols are with absolute certainty. But we can learn from others who have a better understanding of such events.

Nobody on here knows exactly what occurred on the night of the murder. We have fragmented bits and pieces of hearsay that we attempt to sew together and make sense out of.. Nothing more.

Every post I have contributed to this forum is basically second hand information.. Something I heard, something I read, something somebody else remarked upon.. So what? I wasn't there the night of the murder, so can only rely on others hearsay.

I have been corrected several times by more informed people on this thread, I have no bother being enlightened and made aware of my errors. (As long as it's in a civilised manner - Like I said, I wasn't there on the night)

To throw in unnecessary personal jibes is a failing on the posters behalf.

Think before posting.

do a moonie i told you before, do what you told moonie and keep out of my posts. i do not want to enage with you and your"gards" rubbish

my comment was not to you not your business any futher input ignored "gards"

why would i pm to you, have you some threat you dont want to put online.? or maybe call me a pos like you did moonie. what's a pos is that how you abuse people

get lost you think you are some authority here. not over me

ou're an absolute joke, continually going on about your sources without revealing anything really or who they are but attacking posters who dont reveal theirs. You know as much as the rest of us do, absolute bluffer.

you do not know what i know and i won't be boasting about it online and claiming to be a sleuth. all you know is it's all the "gards" fault

yes you do claim to be internet sleuth with 'sources'. You posted nonsense re morris tribunal that IB could join with it. When it was pointed out you are wrong you said you are posting someone else's opinion. You did not say that. you posted it as your own opinion . Derailing this thread with nonsense like a tribunal is something you can go to like the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭chooseusername

SoulWriter is heading for another meltdown!

best ignored.

I asked you to pm me because I dont want you or me to derail what has been a very good thread overall. The rest of your post doesnt even make sense. Moonie? do what I told Moonie to do? For someone who is very quick to criticize and attack other posters, you're own posts are far from perfect themselves. Maybe start off with improving your grammar so we can actually understand you.

thats what you do when you have no answers, make fun. Anyone who posts something and then says it was not their opinion and then compares themselves with a journalist is a joke

No I have not. You seriously need to stop this nonsense or the big modmins will likely step in.

• Advertisement

Im not making fun, its merely stating fact, its hard to understand what you're trying to say. If you dont like scoobysnas posts, simply ignore them, there's no need to hound and continually try to belittle them. They have made a couple of interesting contributions to the thread. I don't remember you doing so. Its easy to sit back and criticize those who are making genuine contributions to the thread. No one is an expert here.

If you're going to give it, be prepared to take it.

Moonie? do what I told Moonie to do?

you told moonie to stay out of your posts and responses and called him pos which is quite abusive. I'm surprised the mods missed that

your posts are 99% "gards" rants. you obviously have some personal issue with the gardai and are 100 percent bailey backer. you are not capable of being objective with your garda hatred

I am not pro or anti bailey. i do not know who killed her. But i do know something i wont put here.And if someone accessed the file for me i would not be stupid enough to say so on a public forum where it has ben taken great notice of. I am not a grda fan, many are thugs, but do not completely hate them either. I can be objective

and i do not want to pm you or discuss it with you. you are not objective because you obviously hate the "gards"

you're own posts are far from perfect themselves. Maybe start off with improving your grammar so we can actually understand you.

It is quite plain what i said to scooby. He said IB could have joined with the morris tribunal. i pointed out you cannot choose to join a tribunal. he then said it was not his opinion but something someone else said. he did not post it as something someone else said. So it was legitamite to challenge.When this was pointed out he told me bugger off, his only response when someone disagrees with him is to insult or to run off and hide as the thread shows

you're own posts are far from perfect themselves

ignore them then. i will return the compliment

I told moonie to stay out of my posts because we had both agreed to ignore each other and then he/she started commenting on my posts again after that. I was happy to ignore their mantra of "Bailey must have done it because of domestic violence issues with jules" but they couldnt stop commenting on my posts.

My posts are not gard rants, I'm critical of the gards and rightly so in this case & the lack of accountability in the investigation. They messed up and more than likely covered up one of the most high profile murders in Ireland's history.

Again, I said to pm if you have an issue with me because I don't want to derail this thread with petty squabbling.

I'm happy to ignore your posts, why dont you take your own advise and ignore mine & maybe scoobysnas too since nearly every post you make is an attempt at belittling them & undermining them.

This is it. Why pick up minor points on someone's post to argue about when we could be discussing the case? It's pathetic.

Especially from someone who writes nonsensical posts with bad grammar.

Let's hope they do ignore us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Saw a few articles online re developing latent printsi.ie. prints not visible using standard fingerprinting methods. I wonder has this been done on anything available. Interesting that fingerprints can survive rain or even underwater for a time.

I did not compare myself with a journalist, I used that as an example when talking about anonymous sources.

You continually mock me and I'm sick of it.

Now please leave me alone.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

my post should be understandable to anyone who thinks they can solve a murder. I do not make a comment and 'forget' it was actually someone else who said it

I didn't forget.

I didnt state it the first time.

It's not rocket science.

your comments are completely anti garda rants and anti GSOC rants. Also you are 100% pro bailey. You are the polar opposite as the gardai wer e with bailey. And if you cannot see that you are completely lacking in self awareness too. now do a moonie

• Advertisement

i did not mock you i challenged your comments . that is what this discussion is for.

i said you should not be talking about getting information from the files. People gave personal information to the garda in the investigation and that is confidential garda information. i know of one who is not very happy to have someone who is not garda given access to it and then go in a public forum talking about this access.

people are entitled to reply to your posts here, especially in such a serious issue as having access to a murder file.

you are free to place the poster on ignore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement