Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mamboozle

Have you ever tried stand up comedy? You'd be good, just speak your mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,932 ✭✭✭leath_dub

😀...

Post edited by leath_dub on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭tibruit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Looks like the West Cork Podcast creator's think Foster is lying anyway. Would trust them more than anyone on their knowledge and impartiality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭saabsaab

It would be interesting to know if the wine bottle or the hire car had any fingerprints recovered? I mean, if there were none, as in the house, that would indicate a clean up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

How long would it be expected to be able to retrieve fingerprints from a bottle, exposed to the elements?

It was found about a mile away and about four months after the murder. It's not even known if the bottle has any connection to the murder.

Would the car have been valeted by the car hire company before she collected it? If so then it wouldn't have any significance if only her fingerprints were found in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭tinytobe

Foster must either be desperate for money and has a financial interest or he has a personality issue wan wants to be in the centre of attention. I'd say it's maybe 70 - 30%.

Foster is certainly not going to find the killer and find new and compelling evidence for a conviction which stands up in court, at least not how he's behaving.

he has some personality issue anyway. Listening to an interview paraphrasing he said it was his job to find the killer or he realised it was up to him. Words like that i cannot recall exactly

Looks like a lot of bracken/growth where it was found if the hands were sticky/dirty they could have been still there. As for only Sophie's then fair enough, but none?

• Advertisement

I'm sure there are plenty prints on it

“I found it at a place that I pointed out to Detective Sergeant Walsh at 3.50pm on Wednesday, April 9. I picked up the bottle and I saw that it was a full bottle of wine. I left it where I found it and told my parents about it when I got home.” The next day he went with his father to the spot. “I collected the bottle and showed it to my father. He examined it, and decided to take it home with us. My mother rang the gardaí at Bandon and told Garda Kevin Kelleher about it. “This is the same bottle of wine that I now hand over to Detective Sergeant Walsh. My fingerprints, and that of my father, may be on the bottle. My mother's fingerprints may also be on this bottle

https://www.reddit.com/r/MurderAtTheCottage/comments/qjmp51/irish_independent_gardai_investigating_discarded/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Lots of prints found, but only from the 3 people that handled it,

so nothing of significance found,

unless.............

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LeVealerooooo

It is common knowledge locally.Whether it’s accurate or not, who knows.

I come from a family of guards, many are Bailey supporters.

I've heard that most of the bantry gardai know this too.

Its a bloody disgrace in my opinion.

The only disgrace is that you have been allowed to spin a false narrative here that has branched out from Gemma O`Doherty`s original scurrilous article in Village that was based on a whole lot of nothing. Apart from a litany of allegations that she made against the dead Garda, the one thing she didn`t allege is that he made a death bed confession. But she did say enough to kick it all off. The other thing that is clear from the article is that there is no evidence that this Garda and Sophie new each other. It is also apparent that the witness is not certain that the car he saw was a Fiesta. Gemma was also vague on where the car was spotted, leaving the uninitiated to conclude that it must have travelled northwards from Sophie`s house when in fact there were any number of different routes it could have taken.

You like to accuse others of trolling you when in reality you are just being called out on your bulls!!t and you don`t like it. The real troll around here is you. You have been trolling families in Bantry to the point where we now have the cuckoos who believe your nonsense, knocking on peoples doors, trying to get confirmation for a non story that was spawned by the original article. They`ve asked to be left alone, the rumours are not true. Yet here you are, still spinning.

• Advertisement

I haven't trolled anyone, nor contacted any families in bantry... Wtf??? You've made multiple false assumptions there.

This rumour did not originate with Gemma O'D, it's been circulating since the beginning. In fact Gemmas informant was a member of government.

How dare you accuse me of this rubbish? You should be banned off here. Also, see @LeVealerooooo comment.

Now leave me alone please.

You need to make a statement to the Gardaí if you have information about a murder.

Commom knowledge to some, it is unknown/rumour to others

Boasting about his contacts and sources claiming someone with the file tells him things if he asks. There's a lot of interest in this alleged sharing of confidential infromation garda from a murder file

Haven't we been through this? No boasting here, and not shared anything not in public domain.

The second part of your post makes no grammatical sense.

• Advertisement

you are boasting about your sources and your i-know -something -no -one- else-- here does

my last para should be .."alleged sharing of confidential garda infromation from a murder file". one word in wrong place, if you could not work it out forget trying to solve a murder

it means there is a great deal of interest in your claims to know someone who gives you information from a confidential garda murder file when you ask for it. You did claim that. see screenshot

and no i am not a cop i would not want to be involved with those corrupt thugs

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭omega666

tibruit is dead right. You been constantly insinuating that you know some big secret behind the cop confession, yet when some local a few pages back asked you to provide the details simply of what he allegedly confessed to you refused to answer anything and disappeared. Why don't you actually tell u what you know? I suspect because your spoofing and dont actually know anything.

Maybe you dont realise it but it's posts like yours online that's the conspiracy nut jobs are reading and taking as some sort of fact and then going off harrasing the families.

harrasing the families.

who has been harrassed?

It was reported in the star newspaper a few weeks ago, some people travelled across the country to confront two familes of the dead cop in Bantry demanding they make a statement about the so called confession. Prob members of Gemma O'Doherty's fan club, Of course the familes said the rumours were complete nonsence and the cops in Bantry issued a warning to leave the families alone.

OK I think I did see mention of that but didn't realise they physically went to people's houses

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LeVealerooooo

This rumour was circulating long before her article

Because I'm not a bloody nick foster who blabs stuff from witnesses on social media.

There's no point getting frustrated because I'm not naming names or giving details, it wouldnt be right to.

it wouldn't be right for someone to give you information from a garda file either but you claim this happens

Then you should have beef with Jim Sheridan, nick foster and the west cork couple because they shared things that weren't previously in the public domain.

I'm not doing anything illegal, I could have shared absolute nonsense for all you know. Maybe I did. The person who told me might be talking total shite, I don't know. I'm just speculating like everyone else on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Get out of here with your nonsense, you've claimed to have sources too but haven't revealed any of them or anything. In fact, you've been talking nonsense since the early stages of this thread.

Scooby is allowed to speculate, whether their sources are genuine or not is their business. Everyone is speculating on this thread. If thats too much for some posters, let the mods close the thread down. Otherwise, jog on.

Some posters trying to blame randomers going to houses in West Cork on a poster here, get a life. Believe it or not, theres alot more going on in relation to the STDP case than this thread. On top of this, what about the fact Bailey has been hounded & vilified in that area of west cork for nearly 30 years so. I dont see anyone complaining about that fact here.

Whether you like Scooby or not, at least he/she has encouraged intelligent debate unlike some other posters here who continually repeat the same mantra, Bailey must have done it because he had a number of altercations with his ex partner & isnt a likeable individual.

You said your source had the file which is a confidential garda muder file and that they would look it up and tell you of the contents if you asked.

What you posted is nothing to do with Foster or anyone else, that is strawman argument

i didn't say someone was accessing a confidential garda file for me though. If they were i wouldn't be stupid enough to say on the internet. . I said i had my sources and what i learned would not be posted online

Scooby is allowed to speculate, whether their sources are genuine or not is their business.

boasting about being given access to a garda file is not speculation.

In fact, you've been talking nonsense since the early stages of this thread

no more than you with your "gards" rants. Why don't you do what you told moonie do

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Will you ever just get ta feck now...seriously. I didn't *post* anything particularly I was told, I said I know someone who had access to it.

It's not a strawman argument because foster etc had the files personally, shared the bits they wanted, then made money out of it.

What's all this boasting business now?

I haven't boasted about anything. Your like a bloody stuck record. I stated a couple of facts as I understood them, but they might not be facts, I don't know.

Your continual posts about me are weird, honestly. I've tried to bring actual discussions about the case, yknow... Justice for sophie? Isn't that the main objective?

And all I get is crap for sharing stuff that YOU AREN'T AWARE OF.. sorry if its such a blow to your ego. Not my issue.

Im just an internet sleuth who's been told stuff. Sorry if that's disappointing for ya.

you said you knew someone whoaccess to the file and would give you info from it if you asked. I'm sure the gards would be very interested in your source

Ah maybe they were bullshitting.

It's mad what you hear down the pub.

you're like a stuck record with 'my sources'.

And all I get is crap for sharing stuff that YOU AREN'T AWARE OF.

you don't know what i was or am aware of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DontHitTheDitch

So “sources” is gossip. Then some families are harassed by brain dead conspiracy nutters. Nice work. Slow clap.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭flanna01

I think we have all heard about the death bed confession..? It's just another intricate piece of a confusing jigsaw puzzle.

I think all parties will agree that the original investigation was an absolute disgrace to say the very least, if fact, these are kind words I am using to describe it.. It was a complete and utter shambles of the highest order.

So, the Gards that were rewarding people to fabricate evidence or entrap Bailey, certainly tarnished their image as impartial enforcers of the Law (agreed?)

So the logical next thought would be.. Why are the Cops so fixated with Bailey?? Why are they ignoring the many other potential leads? They have no evidence to connect him to the murder scene, nor indeed the victim... Why the big interest in him??

By all accounts, Bailey was a cute hooer... He was sharp, he was quick on the uptake, and had many contacts. He was actively thinking outside the box, wasn't he evaluating the professional killing scenario as one possible option? As well as heavily hinting that a deceased fellow from Bantry was the murderer...??

Maybe Bailey knew more than most, maybe he had a suspect and was closing in on him?? He was shouting from the rooftops that this case would make his name nationally... What if he got too near to the truth???

Didn't the Gards raid the studio and take all of his journals and diaries....? He was hardly going to write, 'Got drunk last night and killed a French bird....'

Why were they so concerned about the contents of his journals? Had he named names? Had he figured it out??

Scooby's speculation on the death bed confession is relevant. In fact, it adds credence to Bailey being persued relentlessly... Take him down, before he takes us all down mentality...? What better way to debunk a whistle blower than by making him the public enemy number one (Or prime suspect number one in this case).

If the death bed confession is true, and there are many say that it is..... Then the framing of Ian Bailey makes perfect sense..!! The loud, brash Englishman with a flair for investigative journalism, maybe about to unmask a high ranking Gard would rock the very foundations of the force.. Of course any action necessary to put him in the picture would be given the nod of approval.

Take away the death bed confession.... And suddenly, nothing makes much sense anymore (again).

Scooby is speculating on a theory that makes sense if true? The Horney Gard has come up time and time again on this and many other threads.

Good on ya Scoobs!!

Ah maybe they were bullshitting.

maybe they will get chance to prove they were

Most of that belongs in a conspiracy theory forum.

The hitman story was Bailey trying to divert attention away from himself.

If Bailey had any information on a guard doing something wrong would you not think he would have come out with it in the last 25 years.

The cops took his journals to try link him with Sophie.

Bailey was picked by the cops because he was a known violent woman beater who just inserted himself into the murder and happen ed to be out wandering the roads a few miles away at the exact time of the murder. That and all the other stuff, scratches, bonfires, confessions.

The cops were full sure they had thier man and they simply tried to fit the evidence around him to get the conviction. There is nothing else to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭flanna01

The 'Hitman' theory is as plausible as any other theory... The marriage was in trouble, Sophie was playing away, maybe causing her high profile Husband acute embarrassment? He himself had a new piece of fluff on the go. He was probably looking at a sizable divorce settlement as opposed to being the recipient of a tidy death insurance policy...

You telling me a hired contract killing is beyond the realms of possibilities..?? Most murder cases involving women are usually committed by their nearest and dearest, and nearly always involve either love or money as the motivation. Sophie was no shrinking violet, she could well have pushed the Hubby's buttons to the extreme.... Note - He didn't bother coming to Ireland with the Family to identify the body.. Not peculiar??

Maybe Bailey did suspect a Guard? Maybe he was collecting evidence, albeit circumstantial evidence? He was an investigative journalist, that was his job.

Maybe the Guards let him know in no uncertain circumstances, that to pursue this line of enquiry would result in himself and Jules being slung in jail with hefty sentences...?? Didn't one Guard threaten him with a bullet to the back of the head??

Furthermore, without credible hard evidence, how could Bailey actually name the Guard in person...? All the hearsay and circumstantial evidence would be laughed out of Court, especially when concerning one of their own.

Even after 25yrs, no supporting evidence - No case! Bailey knows the libel laws probably better than most.

The known wife beater mantra is tedious at this stage.. Ask any Guard what the most common call out was during the recent lock downs.. All domestics, in fact they were a full time job.. Bailey was wrong, no getting away from that... But it really is more common than you think. It doesn't make him, or the any of the others cold bloodied murderers... Not b a long shot.

I don't know were you get he was wandering the roads near the crime scene from...?? That's news to me??

Please don't reference the liar, the invisible man, and the long black coat nonsense... We've put that scenario to bed a long time ago.

Anybody can come up with a theory on this thread, there are so many loose ends, and too be frank, you can't fit them all into one timeline. Many of the facts are overlapping and bear no relevance to the case, some loose ends become red herrings.

The scratches, the fire, the wine bottle, the prowler, the musician, the hitman, the drugs ring, the guard, the latest sworn statements... They all cloud the waters, nothing becomes clearer as time goes on..

Rule nothing out, no theory is rejected out of hand whilst there are still supporting elements to them.

Pick any theory you want, you can probably pin a few supporting pieces of evidence to it (circumstantial of course, but that's the nature of the beast on this thread).

Open minds!

• Advertisement

The truth is you don't believe a word of what you're saying but you defend the state procedure no matter what. We've seen it many times in the case of the church. Long after it was understood by senior state officers, like more than one DPP, that Bailey was framed, official Ireland wouldn't relent as evidenced by the high court case taken by Bailey. It's long been a state attitude; the people are stupid and will believe what they're told. True in for what might be the majority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Glen Immal

Freudian slip perchance, Soulwriter?

I don't know about all the sources lads, maybe they are all winding you up.

The first mention of the deathbed confession on this thread was by a poster called Thompsonette, a long long way back now.

Aside from discussion and endless teasing out of tangled details this thread hasn't thrown up any new revelations. We couldn't even figure out who Fosters 'prisoner souce' was until we read about him on twitter.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement