Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

How many times can you temporally change car on insurance policy?

• 06-11-2021 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ Damokc

As the title. I'm with Aviva. Anyone know? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74,319 ✭✭✭✭ Atlantic Dawn

I recall someone before in the Motors forum mentioning something like 6 changes in a year where their insurer then said they would need to take out a trade policy if they wanted to change more than that. I'd check with Aviva, for some insurers they charge €30/40 for changes to are happy to do it as many times are you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ Damokc

Thanks, yeah it's free to change it through "myaviva".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭ User1998

They will start accusing you of selling cars after changing a few times but if you keep doing the changes online and deny that you are selling cars you should be able to change as many times you like. I used to get into loads of arguments with them before I had my trade policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ Damokc

To be honest it would be just between two cars that I own myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭ User1998

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50,203 ✭✭✭✭ bazz26

You need to tread very carefully there. Some insurance companies may not include another car owned by you under the "temporary" transfer facility. While it might not make a difference when doing it, if you are involved in an accident it may become a problem when that fact comes to light as part of a claim.

Advertisement