Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How many times can you temporally change car on insurance policy?

Options
  • 06-11-2021 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

As the title. I'm with Aviva. Anyone know? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I recall someone before in the Motors forum mentioning something like 6 changes in a year where their insurer then said they would need to take out a trade policy if they wanted to change more than that. I'd check with Aviva, for some insurers they charge €30/40 for changes to are happy to do it as many times are you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

Thanks, yeah it's free to change it through "myaviva".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭User1998

They will start accusing you of selling cars after changing a few times but if you keep doing the changes online and deny that you are selling cars you should be able to change as many times you like. I used to get into loads of arguments with them before I had my trade policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

To be honest it would be just between two cars that I own myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭User1998

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You need to tread very carefully there. Some insurance companies may not include another car owned by you under the "temporary" transfer facility. While it might not make a difference when doing it, if you are involved in an accident it may become a problem when that fact comes to light as part of a claim.

Advertisement