Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

W Series 2021

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just announced that they are going to double head in COTA because they can't make the logistics of the rescheduled Mexican weekend work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It will be interesting seeing them race on a Sunday and its good for F1 too as some rubber will be on the track before they start there race so it should be better too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

I see the first W Series race at the weekend on Saturday is live on More4 at 11:05pm.

Then Sundays race is live on Sunday at 4:30pm on Channel 4.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Race 1 will have a 30 minutes highlights show before F1 Qualy highlights at 8am Sunday morning on Channel 4.

Ms

Why watch that when you can watch then race Live do? It's bad enough we have to either find a stream to watch F1 live and hope it's reliable or watch highlights that are not on till the next day ffs.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Because, you might have a young daughter who's dreaming about becoming a racing driver when she gets older but after 11 is past her bedtime, the two of you get up at the reasonable time of 8 in the morning, catch-up on both the W Series race and the F1 Qualy before going about your Sunday morning and early afternoon before coming back for 4:30 to catch the final race live.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Who are you peeps rooting for this weekend.

I'm definitely on side with Alice Powell - she has roots with Limerick going back a generation. I like the way she has her Instagram profile with the tricolour alongside her nation's British flag. She's always great craic on Instagram. Let's she how she drives this weekend!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Ms

I must check her out there so.

I see that Russian Teenager Irina Siderkova has been denied entry to the US so Caitlin Wood will be racing again this weekend in her place.

I feel kind of sad for the Russian girl but also happy that Caitlin is getting to race again.

Caitlin Wood is a late inclusion for this weekend’s W Series double-header at Circuit of The Americas after a fellow driver was denied entry to the United States.

Russian teenager Irina Sidorkova had been in line to race at the season-ending round, which will act as a support category to Round 17 of the Formula 1 campaign.

However, despite holding a National Interests Exemption, she was unable to secure a visa.

“I was denied a visa to the United States, although I have a status of a National Interests Exemption as a professional athlete,” Sidorkova revealed on social media.Caitlin Wood is a late inclusion for this weekend’s W Series double-header at Circuit of The Americas after a fellow driver was denied entry to the United States.

Russian teenager Irina Sidorkova had been in line to race at the season-ending round, which will act as a support category to Round 17 of the Formula 1 campaign.

However, despite holding a National Interests Exemption, she was unable to secure a visa.

“I was denied a visa to the United States, although I have a status of a National Interests Exemption as a professional athlete,” Sidorkova revealed on social media.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Qualifying is on at 5.10pm and its on YouTube thankfully. https://www.youtube.com/user/Channel4Racing

Ms

Just seeing this now. Did you watch? Was it any good?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Alice Powell struggled to get good laps in. The qualy session was to set two fastest times for both races. Abi Pulling was amazing and pipped Chadwick to pole in tonight's race. Hopefully Alice can gain some places during the race and catch Jamie.

Race 1 of the weekend starting now...

Ms

Hopefully this is a good race. Go on Alice Powell.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Alice started 10th, now up to 4th. Great racing.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Was not a bad race that. Driver of the race definitely Alice Powel to go from 10th to 3rd.

Well done to Jamie Chawick do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yes, good race there. Tyres going off towards the end; it was amazing Alice has anything left in then. You'd have to feel sorry for Abi dropping back with tyres gone to shite. But the championship is still on for tomorrow!! Looking forward to it.

Ms

Here is something I do not get. W Series said they were not going to Mexico because of logistics but now I here it was because its a red country and that they would have to stay in the UK for ten day after America I think before going to it and yet F1 is going to it. Maybe they could just not afford to do that is that it? F1 have a lot more than 160 people at each race hell some of the bigger teams will have maybe double that at least at each race and yet they will still do it with Covid around and all.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

F1 isn't. It's going straight across to Qatar after the Mexican race if I remember correctly.

Ms

Today's race about to get underway. Unless something big happens I think Jamie has this season in the bag. She is starting on pole and Alice Powell is down in 8th.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Abbie Eaton suffered a fracture In her spine yesterday when she hit a kerb apparently

Ms

Jeez that's terrible. Hope she is OK and recovers from it fully.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Abbie Eaton had to set up a gofundme after her crash in Austin.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement