Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

W Series 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,799 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I said I wasn't sure. You proved me wrong. I concede. No hard feelings on my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

W Series is back on this weekend at the Hungaroring. Live race coverage on Saturday on Channel 4 at 3 p.m.

Standings at the moment, Alice Powell rocking it on 54pts, Jamie Chadwick 48pts, Sarah Moore 36pts.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

There's been a few. Danica Patrick was dating Ricky Stenhouse Jr when they were racing in NASCAR. As far as I know Kat Legge was dating Andy Lally when they shared a car in 2017 in IMSA. And there was a husband and wife paring that won an IMSA championship in the late 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,553 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Fcuk sake Lee Mckenzie. She is doing her dam best to put me off ever watching the W Series again. She just ruined F1 Quali for me. I know there is that something happens in it now. She is going to get a bollocking from me on social media I can tell you.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Haha, nothing worse than that happening. That's why I always watch everything live if I can! Won't endear F1 fans stuck with only C4 highlights!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Dominant performance from Chadwick, back in the championship lead but no idea by how much. Channel 4 immediately cut away to what I thought was an ad break but no, end of transmission. Okay then

Ms

Not a bad race. Took a while to get going do but when it did there was some nice battles and a great win by Jamie Chadwick. She dominated it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Well not all us want all the crap Sky sports channels. I would happily pay for just Sky Sports F1 channel if I could but no Sky in there infinite Wisdom decide its either all the sports channels or none. Utterly stupid. So I make do with Channal 4 which is fine with me as at least I avoid the annoying commentators on Sky.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Good performance by Chadwick, it's a 1 point lead now, after a slow start she looks well set to retain her title.

I've found the coverage to be a bit poor to be honest.

The abrupt cut today was due to the race start being delayed by the red flag in F1.

You would wonder what would have happened if the F1 delay was longer, would they have stayed to the end of the race?

But even in the other races it hasn't been great.

Ms

Ye that about cut was terrible. We did not even get to see them on the podium.

Good point. I would hope they did or the W Series would have to find other ways to go live maybe via You-Tube. I certainly hope C4 never cut before a W Series race is over. At least it happened yesterday so hopefully they are looking into it both W Series and Channel 4 in case there was ever a longer delay from F1 which is possible.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 622 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Big old accident in Qual today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F8KIH6oVCk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

That was genuinely terrifying. It's a testament to the strength of the cars that everyone walked (limped, in Visser's case!) away. I can't imagine it would have been the same a few years ago, especially before the Halo.

Your link doesn't work in Ireland, this one does.

Latest is that Argen and Visser are gone to hospital.

Ms

Any chance of just seeing the crash?

That whole video is longer than there actual race on Sunday.

How far into this video is the crash?

I really don't have the time to watch it all.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I just saw the crash now from the qualy link on Youtube. Holy sh#t lads. That replay of the crash was an intense experience when the replay came up at the end of the session. These drivers were very lucky that no explosions happened after the accident. I'm glad to hear that the FIA had made these F3 cars as safe as possible for being in use W series. They only got these improvements 5 years ago. It really is a vital innovation to have for motor racing right now when these cars go out on these circuits. To make it out alive of that horrible accident is a big relief.

Ms

Wow just seen it there now. That was a big crash alright. The Halo definitely done its job there. Would have been a lot worse without it.

Thankfully all the Women are OK.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jesus that was a horrible crash - glad everybody got out ok

Ms

Raging I did not get to see yesterday's race. I recorded 80 mins of talking lol. No race. Anyone else seen it. I heard it might be on You-Tube.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

That's yesterday's race. AMKC was looking for the Spa race which was actually played almost in full while they were waiting for the Dutch race to get underway.

I want this to do well and I do want to see more women moving up the junior formulae to F1, but I'll be honest and say there's nobody really exciting me in this series. Dare I say they're too polite to each other, not much elbows out side by side racing. Maybe a bit of shuffling at the start but then it just settles into a procession.

• Advertisement

Just announced that they are going to double head in COTA because they can't make the logistics of the rescheduled Mexican weekend work.

Ms

It will be interesting seeing them race on a Sunday and its good for F1 too as some rubber will be on the track before they start there race so it should be better too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

I see the first W Series race at the weekend on Saturday is live on More4 at 11:05pm.

Then Sundays race is live on Sunday at 4:30pm on Channel 4.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Race 1 will have a 30 minutes highlights show before F1 Qualy highlights at 8am Sunday morning on Channel 4.

Ms

Why watch that when you can watch then race Live do? It's bad enough we have to either find a stream to watch F1 live and hope it's reliable or watch highlights that are not on till the next day ffs.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Because, you might have a young daughter who's dreaming about becoming a racing driver when she gets older but after 11 is past her bedtime, the two of you get up at the reasonable time of 8 in the morning, catch-up on both the W Series race and the F1 Qualy before going about your Sunday morning and early afternoon before coming back for 4:30 to catch the final race live.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Who are you peeps rooting for this weekend.

I'm definitely on side with Alice Powell - she has roots with Limerick going back a generation. I like the way she has her Instagram profile with the tricolour alongside her nation's British flag. She's always great craic on Instagram. Let's she how she drives this weekend!

Ms

I must check her out there so.

I see that Russian Teenager Irina Siderkova has been denied entry to the US so Caitlin Wood will be racing again this weekend in her place.

I feel kind of sad for the Russian girl but also happy that Caitlin is getting to race again.

Caitlin Wood is a late inclusion for this weekend’s W Series double-header at Circuit of The Americas after a fellow driver was denied entry to the United States.

Russian teenager Irina Sidorkova had been in line to race at the season-ending round, which will act as a support category to Round 17 of the Formula 1 campaign.

However, despite holding a National Interests Exemption, she was unable to secure a visa.

“I was denied a visa to the United States, although I have a status of a National Interests Exemption as a professional athlete,” Sidorkova revealed on social media.Caitlin Wood is a late inclusion for this weekend’s W Series double-header at Circuit of The Americas after a fellow driver was denied entry to the United States.

Russian teenager Irina Sidorkova had been in line to race at the season-ending round, which will act as a support category to Round 17 of the Formula 1 campaign.

However, despite holding a National Interests Exemption, she was unable to secure a visa.

“I was denied a visa to the United States, although I have a status of a National Interests Exemption as a professional athlete,” Sidorkova revealed on social media.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Qualifying is on at 5.10pm and its on YouTube thankfully. https://www.youtube.com/user/Channel4Racing

Advertisement