Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Kuga 2017/2018 1.5L OR 2.0L?

Options
  • 19-10-2021 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

Looking to buy a 2017/2018 Ford Kuga diesel. Trying to decide whether to go for the 1.5L or the 2.0L. I'm leaning towards the 2.0L just because I would like to have some power in the car. Anyone have any experiences of either engine size?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A work colleague has a 2015 2.0 litre for a few years now and has had no problems with it. I'd have the 2.0 litre over the 1.5 litre just for the extra power alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Wife has a 2.0

Word of caution. There is a splash guard cover over the ecu as a which is in the wheel arch. Check it's there when buying. Otherwise water gets up into the ecu and corrodes it and the wiring loom.

Thankfully I had a smart mechanic who wasn't afraid to buy used parts and clone the ecu.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The base 2.0 diesel isn't very powerful. Around the same as the later 1.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Wife has the titanium. More power than my superb 1.6L

• Registered Users Posts: 10 woofwoof123

Thanks for all the replies so far. If going with the 2.0L it will be 150ps. I know some 2016 2.0L are 120ps alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

I have the 150ps 2.0 in my Kuga, and have never had a days trouble with it. It’s a 2016.

I had the 1.5 engine in a 2015 Mondeo before that and felt it was very underpowered for the car when trying to overtake. Wouldn’t pick the 1.5 engine at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Whatever about the 1.5 TDCI in a heavier Mondeo it's fine in a Focus or Kuga. I should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 1.5 has a dead spot until about 1500rpm though, I think it’s a pox of an engine for a bigger car. Gearbox has the same ratios as the 2.0 as well.

there’s only 4kg between that and a mondeo.

I’m talking about the old model Kuga, not the current one.

Advertisement