Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we in Ireland be concerned about Jihad?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭enricoh

Sweden took In loads of Muslim refugees and Poland said thanks but no thanks. I wonder which countries anti terrorism unit is the busiest! But as you say it's a complete fallacy Signore.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiKmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmJiYy5jb20vbmV3cy9tYWdhemluZS0zNzU3ODkxOdIBLmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmJiYy5jb20vbmV3cy9tYWdhemluZS0zNzU3ODkxOS5hbXA?hl=en-IE&gl=IE&ceid=IE%3Aen

Sweden is a peaceful democratic state that has long been a safe haven for those fleeing conflict. Yet many young people whose families took refuge there are now turning their back on the country. More than 300 people have gone to fight in Syria and Iraq, making Sweden per capita one of the biggest exporters of jihadists in Europe.

What did Sweden do to deserve the 'gift' of mass muslim immigration and the resulting spike in violent crime?

So Islamist extremism is deserved in 2021 because of what happen in the middle of the last century?

It's sad how Sweden had got as close to a perfect society that the world has ever seen: low crime, low pollution, high economic output, not too much inequality. And just as it seemed they had reached that high point, they import the 3rd World to mess everything up.

They will probably chug along nicely for another decade or two but the social fabric of the country is unravelling and they are going to end up in a very tense, Brazil style hierarchy in terms of wealth and social status.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

As long as Rosenstock and Callan don't pull the piss out of Mohammed we should be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

post up a link to where you see 1200 muslims left Ireland to fight for islamic militias.

Two successful and 2 failed Islamic terrorist attacks in Sweden since 2010, resulting in 5 deaths from 1 successful attack. Perpetrators were an Iraqi-Swede, a Swede, an Uzbeki failed assylum seeker and a suspected Al Qaeda cell.

Refugees, migration, returning foreign terrorist fighters are all widespread throughout Europe.

If you are attempting to make a point, or disprove mine, maybe actually try to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭enricoh

Having a large Muslim population does not correlate to Islamic terrorism to quote you.

So I Google Sweden jihadis as they took in a fair few Muslim refugees and a mere 300 went to fight for isis in Syria. The link is from the BBC , I do hope that is acceptable Signore.

I Google Poland jihadis as they took in sod all and nothing came up, zilch.

But according to you that doesn't disprove your point- enough said.

I remember the figure of c 800 in Libya bandied about by volunteers like IRish Sam, so they could have well exagerated their own numbers.

I cannot believe he got the late late show treatment!. The interviews seem to have been conveniently memory holed though

Below are some links showing disproportionate numbers from Ireland joined islamic militias, compared to other countries with far larger populations.

This article suggest 1/1500 went , so if you take away half as children you get 750 and another half for women and/or the old you get 1/350 men went to fight in islamic militias, and bear in mind this article is from 2014. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irishman-who-fought-in-syria-i-can-see-why-some-men-would-become-radicalised-30972474.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭buried

We should be concerned about Jihad, but we should be alright considering we are on good terms with the French Government, whose intelligence services have spent a lot of time and money infiltrating every single Islamic extremist gangbang movement going since the Paris massacre. They have a fair idea of what could, or is going to happen and would be happy to share that vital information with their allies.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No idea who 'you know who is'

care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭I see sheep

"We are the Muja, the Muja, the Mujahideen"

Enricoh, a poster stated that France was suffering from Islamic terrorism purely because there were Muslims in France and nothing to do with French government actions. False.

And no, having Muslims in a western nation is not a guarantee of experiencing Islamic terrorism, to suggest so, is really really really really really beyond stupid enricoh, particularly when we can currently use Ireland as a tangible and indisputable example to counter the argument.

You are deliberately comparing an extreme right wing Polish government with a moderate and progressive Swedish government, both nations are at either end of the extremes.

Personally, I think Sweden have a nonsensical immigration policy.

Anyway enricoh, I'm presuming that you're point of focus is on Muslim irregular and regular migration, refugees and asylum seekers because you seem to be ignoring the Muslims already living in Poland.

Poland does have a number of Sunni Salafi Muslims and if you read here you can see that conversion to Islam and being radicalised happens in Poland too. Not quite the "zilch" you were working with. https://www.refworld.org/docid/59e5d0ab4.html

Is it immigration or Islam that you have an issue with?

Also, it may be worth your while getting onto Google and searching for "transnational terrorism". Muslims can travel as you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭Cordell

And no, having Muslims in a western nation is not a guarantee of experiencing Islamic terrorism, to suggest so, is really really really really really beyond stupid enricoh, particularly when we can currently use Ireland as a tangible and indisputable example to counter the argument.

Only we can't since funding Islamic terrorism is part of Islamic terrorism. We do have Islamic terrorism happening here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ah yes, back to the cry of the apologist that France somehow provoked the acts of terrorism it suffered.

Explain to us all, the motivations of Islamic terrorist organisations who have conducted attacks in France.

Drop the knowledge bomb on us there Dyr.

It's facilitation of terrorism, occurring somewhere else. Ireland is not experiencing Islamic terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yeah, whatever makes you feel better. Truth is that these people are here and they are doing their stuff, but no there is no Islamic terrorism in Ireland. Make sure you don't get any sand in your eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭buried

Not true. A couple from Athlone were murdered in the Tunisian beach massacre in 2015. The same massacre where a Irish national who had formerly worked for the Irish defence forces was based in Sousse with her husband when the beach massacre took place, she then went onwards with the husband to join ISIS in Syria.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

I wonder how an Islamic Father Ted would go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Truth is that these people are here and they are doing their stuff

Where are they, what are they doing, and how do you know about it?

I've absolutely no doubt that if you lined up every Muslim in the country, you'd find one who sympathises with ISIS or at least thinks there might be some merit to their argument. But I'd be willing to bet you've more nutcases who think along the lines of Gemma O'Doherty and definitely way more who are half itching to pick up weapons again at the merest hint of a border in the north.

Should everyone of the same demographic of these people be thrown out of the country they way you'd like to throw Muslims out? Or is the argument about potential deaths only a convenient covers story?

Makes me feel better?

Don't get sand in my eyes?

What the fcuk are you even talking about?

Jesus, people are really going out on a limb. I'm well aware of Irish fatalities and casualties from Islamic terrorism.

It still didn't happen in Ireland, and they were not targeted because they were Irish.

My core salient points on this thread have been that Ireland is not immune from Islamic Terrorism, however, it is unlikely to occur and I have provided rational, well founded, legitimate and internationally accepted reasons but Boards know best.

That doesn't mean we 100% won't experience an attack, it just explains why we haven't had one, particularly at the height of Jihad operations in Europe.

Our main threat is from radicalised sympathisers and Muslim converts or people with mental health issues who are already living in Ireland. Because thats what the empirical evidence indicate.

Foreign terrorist fighters aren't even a current worry for us. Less than 3% of FTF's who return to home countries engage in recidivism. Those that do, are focused on radicalisation and facilitation, not attacks.

Those that say that French government actions have not given a reason for Islamic terrorism are wrong, at the very very least, read Wikipedia.

Ireland is being used for support of Jihad operations in Europe. Ireland so far is not a target or the end result of Islamic terrorism.

I suggest you contact you government representatives if you want to campaign for more to be done.

I suggest people separate their emotions, bias, various "ism's" they may hold from reality. Having a Muslim population is not a guarantee of experiencing Islamic terrorism, its absurd to think otherwise. It may increase the risk, of course but not a guarantee...otherwise we would have an example of an Irish attack...wouldn't we?

Not only that, even if we had 0 Muslims....they can travel to conduct an attack, scratchy head time.

If your beliefs are held by racism, anti-immigration, Islamaphobia or far right influences just say so. I myself am a proponent of stricter immigration policies.

I am not an Islam apologist, just because I know more than you. Get your head out of your hole's. I'm open to debate, I'm not open to absolute to bullsh1t or insinuations by people who can't counter debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

So what is your Solution. Round up all the Muslims in Europe?

Also, its ok for any of us to be wrong.

I'm happy for people not to agree with me, however, come back to me after you have analysed every completed, foiled, failed, inspired, alleged and confirmed Islamic terrorist attack in Europe since the 1980's.

Come back to me when you understand the psychology and motivations of Jihadi terrorists, including the methodology and tactics.

Come back to me when you know about terrorist funding, recruitment, radicalisation and exploitation of the vulnerable and Islamic terrorism.

Come back to me with knowledge and information, not lazy soundbites.

We can chat then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Integrate like they are doing in China with the uyghurs is that your suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

No, this is ridiculous. "come back to me after you have analysed every completed, foiled, failed, inspired, alleged and confirmed Islamic terrorist attack in Europe since the 1980's...Come back to me when you understand the psychology and motivations of Jihadi terrorists, including the methodology and tactics" What an appeal to authority, when members of the public are being murdered in the name of an ideology we don't need an insight into the psychology and motivations of the jihadi scum committing it to voice displeasure and demand that our nations be made safer from these religious supremacists.

• Advertisement

Absolutely not. Why are you so disingenuous to even propose that is my suggestion? I say we integrate the ones that are here, while maintaining their human rights. Ireland is a better country than China when it comes to human rights. Long may it continue.

Advertisement