Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 blablah

Hi got mine too, is the placing given on email the national placing rather than area? Im 116. And first time on panel so not sure if this is ideal but glad to be on panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bg01

40's

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Danielleb32

I just got an email there to that I’m 81 on the panel. I have emailed to confirm if that’s nationwide or for the county. Does anyone know how the panel works?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 newbe64

80's. Its my first time to make it on the panel.

Not sure if its a nationwide OOM or County.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ChromeDreams

I got 146. I hope to Jesus that is nationwide 🤣 The same as Danielle I have emailed so once I got a reply I'll throw it in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 bg01

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭StevenToast

It must be nationwide panel which is abit strange because we have no idea where we stand now!

E.g

You could easily be no.1 for Donegal or maybe no.20 for Dublin??

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GinaMc2021

I got an email and am in the 30s,it didn't specify if it is for Dublin or for my chosen counties, hope to hear somthing else soon, well done to all.

Well done everyone . It would be great to find out how many recruits will be picked off this panel and what number we all are in our chosen areas.

I will post here when I get a response too.

The way I look at it very crudely is to take your OOM number and divide it by 26 (nationwide).

This will give you a very rough average of where you would be in any given county. Then remember you would have more posts in Dublin, Cork etc than Donegal or Lietrim for example. Then you'd have people ahead of you where your chosen county might be their no.2 or no.3 preference, which would push you up in the reckoning.

I'd say most people in the top 160 have a decent chance being in the top 10 - 20 in their area.

Just my two cents!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 kazoo2001

Hi all,

I just got my email and I'm placed less than 20 on the panel, has anyone heard back yet to confirm if this is for the chosen area (I've only one chosen area) or national?

Excellent way of looking at me. Make's me feel more at ease with my 116 :)

That is a great placing - well done!!

From what I understand, it is nationally. A friend of mine was on an EO panel earlier this year and if was done nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭StevenToast

This is from Revenues Annual Report 2020...

They took on 89 EOs that year...

Hopefully something similar for us....

Edit:

They actually took on over 200 EOs in 2019...lets hope for something like that!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 12 A City rising

Finished 107. Presume thats nationwide or im goosed 😂.

This thread was a great help so thanks to everyone for their 2 cents during this process and hopefully we will get over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Orient1881

60's and unsure whether to be hopeful or not! Same as many on here, have emailed for more clarification and not heard anything as yet.

Anyone else heard anything further?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aflockofcrows

I've checked as far back as 2015, and the EO numbers hired look like this :

2015 - 22 (public sector hiring freeze?)

2016 - 207

2017 - 158

2018 - 153

2019 - 210

2020 - 89

I'd imagine, based on those figures, and the auto-reply to the email for feedback saying that they're "dealing with large volume recruitment", that they'll be taking on 200+ again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

That's all of Revenue though isn't it? This is an Audit and Compliance specific role so would be much smaller numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doc22

• Advertisement

This is a two year panel, too. So us higher numbers might have a bit of hope! Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to respond with info requests? To be fair they must be inundated.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 darnoel

Hi All, New to boards and this thread.

Just an observation.... It would be really great if Revenue outlined how things might proceed when they send out the initial placing email. It would reduce their reply to emails workload and put the newbies more in the picture.

I got placed in the 70s but not sure where that equates to in my chosen location?

Very difficult to know where or when we might be offered anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RD29

On the information booklet it says the panel lasts a year from establishment so I am hoping they will utilise it or the whole campaign would have been a waste.

They have moved pretty fast on this one, I applied for EO panel last August 2020 and still awaiting interview having done ETray, Assesssment etc.

Unless this one supersedes the original one. #confused!!!!

Thanks for that. Where did you find this info, I would like to read this in more detail. Is there a link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RD29

@darnoel is that for revenue or an open competition? I am waiting on etray results from late August for the open EO competition from Oct 2020.

Is this the EO in civil service ? I did this one too and no movement on it.

The EO for revenue specifically is moving quick alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Orient1881

Where did you see that it was a two year panel as great news if that's the case.

Yes Blablah, It is , I was informed that there would be interviews in October but no word yet!

Not sure how to reply with your comment included

• Advertisement

@RD29 Yes it was for a general executive officer role in the civil service

Advertisement