Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mapping/drawing farm

Options
  • 17-10-2021 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Hi all.been away for a good while from this as got busy but back with a question for ye!

I want to look at mapping my farm-what I mean by that is have the full farmyard drawn out and having al the measurements ,water pipes layout ,drainage on it that I can check up and see. We have two separate water systems and a fair bit of drainage but even having all the sheds measurements and gaps would be worthwhile I think. I’ve no head for remembering the width of sheds etc and a lot of the pipes were put in before I was born so could get dad to show me and record it. I’d want it on some sort of app…. Doing a fair bit of work over the next couple of years and if I had this done it would be done for good.

Any ideas? I also hope I’m explaining it correctly:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

AutoCAD web. It's free at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I’ve used Adobe Acrobat, it’d be a good idea when you’re done to get a map printed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

I’ve just signed up for autocad there so I’ll see how I go. It’s only a free seven day trial however so wouldn’t be able to access or change it afterwards I’d imagine…

I’ll have a look at Adobe (I can print it out) but usually when I need this info it’s very handy to have it on the phone although I could just save or email it to myself either!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭farm to fork

You can use Tinkercad or Onshape both are online platforms.

Advertisement