Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Great taste CL, love RHCPs.

Just finishing up for another week. Mon to Fri seems to go in a blur these day.

Another quiet one planned so hope to get some family time in and some stuff done around the house.

Have a good one guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Everyone in the house had to get a Covid test last Friday as we were a close contact and of course we all felt like we had colds.

Anyway good news is, of the 5 of us only one tested positive and he is grand, just feels like he has a mild cold.

The one that has it is our oldest son and he is a healthy 27 year old and I'm all for freedom of choice but I think because we are all fully vaccinated it meant that (a) we didn't catch the virus and (b)our son is not too sick with it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

We had tests too, our wee one (2.5 year old) had the runs for a few days. We got the all clear from C19 but she had another virus doing the rounds. She was so quiet and tired it scared the pants off us. No stranger to illness as the eldest elf spent her first 3 months in ICU/hospital but it was still tough. But she is back to creche today so we are delighted.

Mid-term this weekend and we are off on a few days away. Can't wait to be in a plane and airport again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Enjoy the break Jude.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Enjoy the time off. You've had a lot o your plate so downtime is extra important.

• Advertisement

So glad its Friday, been a tough week. Looking forward to logging off, heading to the match tonight and then we have a hurling match tomorrow morning & my nephews birthday get together tomorrow evening... might squeeze a pale ale or 2 in there at some stage too... its been well earned.

Have a good weekend y'all!! Less than 10 weeks after tomorrow!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Enjoy mate, sounds like a nice weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. There aren't too many 'out of season' weekends left.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Someone went a bit mad with the lights 😂😂 @DvB @Loughc @Posy

oooh, dunno about that one.... loving the volume, coordination a little off, though I like the scattergun approach myself... but my Mrs would go nanas at that 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

My wife is the same, all white lights and they have to be the "right" shade of white i.e warm white. Bright white or Ice white won't do :)

Happy Friday Everyone and it's a Bank Holiday !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Think I live too close to the airport to have that 🛬🔥

I don't have a wife but my husband does. She likes warm white icicles outside too. But likes coloured lights elsewhere and doesn't do "colour schemes".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Guys, what a week, reckon I did 60+ hours in work and today was crazy... trying to get stuff sorted before taking next week off... Sat down now, just poured a guinness and ready to relax... gym was the plan but decided to leave it until tomorrow, just too tired.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lemsip with whiskey for me tonight. Probably not officially a good idea but I've an awful sinusy head cold and I sleep so well after that drink....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

🥰🥰🥰

• Advertisement

Beating the all blacks... a perfect reason to be cheerful😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Being 4 rows from the front at said game...I guess I agree 😂

Was up in the gods myself, atmosphere was unbelievable though.

Lucky guys been there. Seen a few videos from friends how were there, I'd say atmosphere was amazing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love watching the Haka! I can take or leave the 80 minutes of rugby that follows it. 😂

Got our main tree this afternoon so currently decorating with kids and Christmas FM on in background.

Trying to forget all about COVID for a few hours.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Cheerful that it's Christmas!! At last.

Grateful that it looks like it should be a fairly "normal" Christmas too. Certainly Christmas Day. My heart goes out to those whose plans have been cruelly changed this week

First full week back in work for the year done and in the books!

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Have a good one guys.

Happy weekend y'all!

• Advertisement

One of my busiest weeks of the year work wise is almost in the books. Looking forward to kicking back this weekend!

Advertisement