Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

I'm very keen on a four day weekend to look forward to, with another four day weekend only a month later. 😁

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

My company doesn’t recognise good Friday as a day off. 😢

So unless I take annual leave it won’t be a 4 day weekend for me.

Mine do, but they don't recognise Christmas Eve as a day off, so swings and roundabouts. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

Mine also don’t recognise Christmas Eve. 😂😂

Lol 😄 yeah it's a regular working day in my workplace, but we finish early, so that's something.

It's on a Saturday this Christmas- can't wait to not have to work it. 😁

Into the 330s now in the countdown. January well and truly on the way out now.

Extra day off this year. Good start to the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭ DvB

Yeah, loving the idea of St. Brigids day for the first Monday in Feb. Perfect way to celebrate getting through January in one piece!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭ Aisling(",)

It's pay day and I'm going to be booking our hotel for our summer holiday to London/Goodwood.😁

The last time I was abroad was the week Ireland went into lockdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭ TRS30

Nice. We are looking at ferries so UK or maybe even France on the cards. Early days but exciting to even be thinking/talking about it!

Positivity is off the charts this morning across the board. That double bank holiday in March is looking like it’s going to be sweet now.

Gonna try and plan a weekend away somewhere make the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭ Littlehorny

Good stuff. Glad you had a good night. Great to be able to say that these days!

• Advertisement

Got paid for the first time since before christmas on Wednesday & its Friday... I've had the mother of all weeks with work so by god am I gonna have a drink or 2 at some stage over the weekend!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭ Caranica

Oh that's fabulous. Edinburgh is a great city and one that's perfect for solo travelers. Feels very safe too, I've never seen any trouble.

I've gone on my own, with one other person and with a group of friends and loved it every time. Heading again in 3 weeks.

Solo traveling is liberating, do and see what you want to do. Enjoy it ❤️

im feeling positive we won’t see any restrictions until potentially next October/November if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭ gidget

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭ gidget

Thanks Posy

Hope you have a great trip gidget.

I did a bit of sole travelling back when I was younger and loved it. Done lots of couple and group travelling since and while all have their pros and cons, sometimes I missing those times being able do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

Inter railed (remember that anyone!?) around Europe by myself in my late teens during my summer break from college... loved it, scared as they come at the start (& on more than one lonely night in a city I hadn't a breeze about) but settled into it & met some brilliant brilliant people, Its most definitely a mind opening experience & the freedom is fantastic if embraced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement