Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Lower Decks (animated series)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭JayRoc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

True. I'd imagine in a decade or so series from before 2010 or so will still be the ones put on when to want to watch a single random episode and have a clue about what's going on.

And we can pick out one of 24 standalone episodes a season while we do it.

DS9 did a decent job of maintaining series-spanning story arcs while still making it possible for a casual viewer to enjoy.

The way we as viewers now tend to consume new TV series' is essentially treating a show as one single 6-10 hour movie watched in smaller sittings (or one go!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lower Decks is definitely my 4th favourite Trek series behind DS9, TNG, and Voyager. I think it’ll take 3rd place from Voyager if it keeps going the way it is. It’s really good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I adore this show. Leagues ahead of all modern trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It's a pity the Vulcans in Enterprise were not written like that. It would have really helped the show because I do not believe that anyone believes that Vulcans would be like they were portrayed on Enterprise or they would have never gotten into space. Just because they are a logical race does not mean they can not think outside of the box and come up with new ideas and ways of thinking. Spock done it numerous times on TOS to help save the ship when they were in trouble.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Spock being a half Vulcan might not make him the best example. But even in people being by the book to a fault does happen. There's plenty of ships on the sea floor around Midway because the book said do X when X was clearly not the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Really enjoyed that.

How can they end it on a cliffhanger like that?!? Now have to wait ages until the next episode.

When I saw she got a "Special Guest Star" credit, I looked up who Gomez was.

So she was an ensign in 2 episodes of TNG.

But most likely remember the actress, Lycia Naff, for having 3 breasts in Total Recall.

Sonya Gomez!!!!!

Damn the Cerritos looks intimidating in orange!

Outstanding continuity

And...I could see what God would want with that beauty

• Advertisement

Maybe I shouldn't have clicked here until tomorrow

I've taken it out but, the image itself, has nothing to do with the story

That's it. No more Trek until they release season 3

It was my own fault, I normally stay away until I watch the episode

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's quite the rugpull ending, and seemed very reminiscent of a Rick and Morty style season finale. Easier to do when you know well in advance you've been renewed for another season I suppose. But it does explain why they were so willing to off the Klingon antagonist in the previous episode, since that wasn't where the arc was leading.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Fair enough. I will but it will be a kid centred show. Might be one to watch with my kids

• Registered Users Posts: 24,374 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Im not gonna bother with it as it looks like a pure kids show. I wish it the best though and look forward to laughing at middle aged neck beards getting upset at a children's show

If it's by the same crew as Lower Decks, they'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well.. that's season 2! I thought it was good. Lots of notalgia, fun and action. Looking forward to season 3!

2.10: That was good. Solid Trek story 🙂

I was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You can't end like that...

and in my head dun dun dun ... DUN DUN DUN ... DUN!!!DUN!!!DUNNNNN!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s-ODI8He_s

Then with Rutherford

and his flashback scene ... ooooh I was like.. Is that Schism!??! but then nooo can't be.. they're too humanoid... so then the red outfits.. and I was like... hold up.. wasn't it the Androids with the red outfits.. but I checked that and these are different.. Then I remembered that Medical Surgical Operations tend to use Red Outfits too.. but they have hoods and these dudes head shapes had ears sticking out so I dunno. Why not both! 😁 Android docs! 😲

Who knows.. either way.. mysterious and I'm looking forward to finding that one out! 🙂

• Advertisement
    Ms

How can they end it on a cliffhanger like that?!? Now have to wait ages until the next episode.

Ye it's great ain't it. Just like the good old days. I think it was a very brave move to do it in this day and age I love it. Now to try and find out what will happen without ruining the episode.

As for the episode I really liked it but it did not feel like it was a 10 out of 10 like the last two more on 8 out of 10.

That ending do brilliant. Did not see that coming. That has got to be the biggest season cliffhangers in Star Trek since BOBWs part 1.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

This episode killed one of my favourite fan theories about the Lakota being a recommissioned Enterprise-B, unless the Archimedes is a recommissioned Lakota. What is Starfleet trying to hide? Anyway, enough duranium foil hattery.

That was pretty good.

I'm more convinced we'll either have a rotating cast or a bunch of lieutenant junior grades by the end of season three.

Nice to see more old minor characters making cameos.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Archimedes is officially an Obena class. A clear descandant in design, but not an Excelsior itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭pah

Animated Excelsior class looked great.

Good episode, I lol'd at Billups F**King and blinding outburst and the 2 whales were a pair of gas c**ts 😂

Ah. I thought the saucer looked a bit more elliptical

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Great season finale and just a great episode.

The story worked great and how to crew came together was brilliant.

And now we have a couple of mysteries for season three to look forward to!

Already have a theory or two myself.

Post edited by TheValeyard on

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Oh lord, I want...

The animation and camera movement, on the second image, is fantastic. It gives an amazing sense of depth and pseudo-3D image.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Gomez did a lot worse than trip in front of her Captain...

https://youtu.be/ARk0XvAYrUg?t=73

Recognised Gomez's first officer as Hermes Conrad (Futurama). Did not know that he does Admiral Freeman too

• Advertisement
    Ms

Yes I thought the nacelles and saucer were very similar to what is on a Sovereign class ship so it was a mixture of a Sovereign class and an Excelsior class. I must say I liked it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement