Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starlink now open for pre-orders.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Me too 🙌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Shipped from LA on Friday, arrived today in Ireland ..... that was d*** quick.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Congrats Marlow, keep us updated on the installation and speeds. Waiting on mine to ship this week hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Messer1

Co. Westmeath. But a friend of mine and myself also checked for a Laois and Offaly address, once my order became available, and they have gone live for immediate purchase.

So, if you're anywhere between Mullingar and Port Laoise, then you're in luck :)

/M

Post edited by Marlow on

Didn't get to set it up yesterday.

Stuck it on the back lawn today, cable out the window. It's a bit intermittend, as it collects telemetry the first 12 hours. Also the router and dish need an upgrade, which I haven't done yet.

Best test so far:

IPs are geotagged for Ireland, as they are supposed to. Their router seemingly is OpenWRT based, which is a plus. Ping times, I've seen as low as 35ms.

/M

Impressive ...

so as I said, I just hooked it up adhoc on the back lawn, which is sort of surrounded by trees and it worked, but I did have regular packet loss.

After a few hours, the app shows me this:

Those red obstructions are my trees ... perfect way to illustrate it.

I've now moved the dish to the front yard, where it has a clear view of the sky and will see, how that goes. Eventually, it's going on the roof.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Received mine yesterday very impressed so far. I think i can bin my three mobile broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Messer1

Here is visibility with my antenna attached to chimney in Dublin (taken a few days ago). Note how smooth the curved edge is. This smoothness built up gradually (changed from black to blue) and today it is a totally smooth blue curve as more sats lower in the sky were successfully accessed. Perfect (touch wood).

As of Friday the 15.10.2021 (so Friday gone) all of Ireland is available for Starlink.

And yes, I've got my dish running 1 1/2 weeks now ... after moving it out of the obstructions, I had on the first day, it's been flawless.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

thats mad...i ordered on a tue morning and had the dish delivered thurs following week.

Got my dish delivered. Literally plug in and log in. And off you go

is sitting on my picnic bench in the garden right now, the wire trailing through the window, so need a permanent install and a wire solution, but happy with this:

Advertisement