Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Can't get tidal to work with a VPN. Keeps saying that i'm blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

Am thinking if everyone on a family plan needs to jump ship to Argentina (new email etc) it mught be much hassle.

So thinking of going back to a Spotify family plan.

Any tips for returning to Spotify, 3 free months, etc, VPN tourism?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The new family members don't have to set up emails addresses etc. They just get disconnected from Turkish Tidal and reconnect with same email on Arg.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

Well lads I'm done, multiple email addys different vpns, different cards still blocked....strangely enough could never get Netflix to work either just ended up buying Turkish vouchers and loading that way. I'm out of ideas re tidal now, hardly leakage across all vpns ? Also tried Romania no joy either, phone & PC

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

I'm the same,gave up trying, went for YouTube music instead via Argentina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Is the Argentina Pesos on Revolut or do we pay through Euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JohnGonne1

So I signed up to Argentina - ciao turkey.

Used Strong VPN, tried Windscribe and was blocked. Deleted app, signed off existing account, cleared browser, cache and phone cache before starting

Logged on to tidal.com, if you have landed / arrived in Argentina, then at the bottom you should see 'from ARS99 per month'.

Put in new email, pw and details. On the sub page it does look funny showing $99, $145 (Hi-fi Plan) and $225 for Family, but this looks like a quirk of the billing system mentioned above. Anyway welcome email is entirely in Spanish. Just re-downloaded the app - hope this stays going for the foreseeable future.

Paid via Revolut- authorisation on € account.

Same here. Just downloaded the app on my TV and linked the devices and working 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

I've sent customer support an email asking to move me to Argentina.. nothing to lose if I have to set up new account anyway.. has anyone else gone through the move process via customer support and managed to keep current turkish account?

Just some advice, when I tried to move my 'family members' across to Arg although I disconnected them from Turkey, they could not be added to Arg as their individual respective emails were recognised as being associated with a different country.

They all had to provide me with another set of email addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I've done the same, nothing back yet. I'm hoping this will be done easily (seeing as they offered it, word for word) and keep my family attached with ease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Had tidal turkey gonna try Argentina but all my mates are on Spotify and share Spotify links. Is there an equivalent way for Spotify and a cheap nation? Before I go through the Argentina tidal route. I'm not worried about playlists so can start with a fresh account.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

This is what I feared. They only reluctantly moved from Spotify because I moved family plan. Might be time to ditch the family ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

Mmm ended upon Hungary 6euro for family, seemingly tidal use an ip blacked list, both Romania & Argentine ip addys allocated under tunnel bear came up as blacklisted? Got it working with Hungarian ip and PayPal, strange but true.....liked the app 6 yoyos for6 people not bad....might revisit later

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭onform

I had been trying Argentina for the past few days on the Tunnelbear free sub., but Tidal paged was blocked. Just tried again now and it worked fine, signed up now no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭ooter

trying to set up a new account through Argentina (using pure VPN) but it's saying tidal is not available in my country when I try to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

Any wAy to register without using Twitter/ Facebook/apple etc to log in? They default back to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

Just tried registering using email got message saying tidal not available in your country was using VPN turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

its no longer available in Turkey .

Try Argentina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

just set up in Argentina . no probs , used seed 4 me. was a link a few months ago , free vpn , cleared cookies , signed up using alternate email , and revolut virtual mastercard ,

coppied across playlists and songs , (had 1200 so dropped a few songs , ) you can transfer playlists and albums separately, all good , working fine now with new setup ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is it not going to try take your next payment from the virtual card that no longer exists?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Transferred from Turkey to Argentina without issues. Used Tunnelbear and my Revoult virtual Mastercard and different email address.

@Soarer . The virtual card doesn't expire after one uses, you're confusing it with the disposable online shopping one.

Post edited by Confused11811 on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Going to give Youtube Music a go. Played around with it yesterday, impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sound Quality I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Been using YT music since Sunday,very impressed with it and sound quality is as good as Tidal/Spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was only really worthwhile via the desktop app with Tidal. YT is fine for what I use it for, casting to an amp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I still haven't heard back from TIDAL about moving my existing account but I did setup a new one just in case with a new address.

Anyone else hear back from them yet re moving existing account?

Advertisement