Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Mixed grains (pouch from Lidl) with pulled pork (Tesco), pumpkin seeds and liquid smoke. Pickled slaw (Tesco), cucumbers and hummus with sumac.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Caprese salad and garlic bread (for two, I'm not a total mucker), frittata, leftover fish tacos over the course of the last week or two.

Side note, I made this aji verde sauce (with yoghurt not mayo) and it is absolutely banging. Been using it on shitloads of things, meats, fish, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

It was more of a brunch. Had some mince left over from Tacos so made a type of Huevos Rancheros.

A few drops of Mic's Chilli Trouble in Trinidad to give it a nice kick! Damn tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Toasted wrap/quesadilla with thinly sliced roast beef from yesterday, cheddar, onion, gherkin and lettuce along with a sauce (mayonnaise 40, ketchup 40 and mustard 20)

Basically a Big Mac quesadilla.

I'm trying to cut down on/eliminate fast food and the only real craving I get is for a big mac... this always hits the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

Just a had a nice clam chowder and lobster roll. Oh man, best combo ever!!!!

I tend to dip the buttery lobster roll bread into the chowder 😛

• Advertisement

Where do you get these lobster rolls? I would imagine they are a bit pricey? Worth it?

I had pork rillettes (delicious!) on toast with instant tomato soup.

There wasn't that much lobster, to be honest, just a piece of chopped ones. But still GOOOOOD

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Oh, my wife made them. She makes the best ones!!!

Roasted carrot, onion and chickpea salad. Vaguely Moroccan spices. Yoghurt.

Was alright. Filling at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

That looks great. Different textures and flavours. Yum! 😋

Leek potato and parsnip soup. Had to use them up. Strangely enough, very filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Had a bowl of buckwheat salad left over from last night. I eat wheat free, I have tried Quinoa - not a fan - but had never tried buckwheat. Its so easy and a great platform for lots of nice salady veggies. I put in chopped pepper, celery, sweetcorn, scallions, halved cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, cashews, black pepper and fresh parsley. Ate it with a bit of mayo. Its as easy to cook as rice but quicker and is lovely and fluffy. Total convert!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Made a batch myself, twas alright, not enough leek in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Homemade veg soup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

I'm looking forward the cold snap of weather due early next week to kick off soup and slow cooker season. Can't believe it's over halfway through November and it's been so mild. I'll be raiding the soup thread on here for ideas.

It's definitely been soup season the last week or so. Carrot and ginger soup, with a little (a lot) too much ginger if I'm honest.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 497 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Only job today with that storm blowing outside. Big bowl of minestrone with roasted garlic croutons.

I'm a big fan of freekeh, must try the buckwheat.

Similar to posters above soup and garlicky cheese toastie.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Going to be some soup with the remnants of garden veg (Parsnips and carrots were planted late in the year so undersized but tasty 😀, the smell)

• Advertisement

Mushroom and leek soup this week. Bit rich for me, but herself loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I'm on a diet. 100g plain chicken. 100g green grapes. 60g cheddar. Licquorice tea. I'm boring myself just writing it let alone eating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

A family favourite today. Fake Big Mac to use up the remainder of Sunday's roast beef.

Might be handy for anyone trying to stay away from takeaways this January.

Two wraps toasted on a pan (no oil, I like mine as charred as possible), thinly sliced beef, grated cheese, gherkins, big mac sauce, lettuce.

Doesn't look the best but it certainly kills any cravings.

Our Big Mac sauce is approx 50% mayo, 40% ketchup, 10% English mustard, some finely diced white onions and a tiny splash of gherkin brine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Market food today! We shared duck dumplings with hoisin sauce and a falafel wrap 🤤

Also had lunch there last weekend - sausage in a roll with tomato relish and crispy onions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Cajun Chicken Burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lazy today so got Supervalues "new recipe" chicken korma.

Possibly the most bland thing I've ever eaten. Tasted like nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Slim pickings in the fridge this morning so grabbed a tomato and basil soup. Some bread with morroccan couscous and also had an advacado that was just perfect - another day and it'd be gone mushy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

My usual chicken wrap today, but with an added twist - peanut rayu!

Advertisement