Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity prices

Options
124»

Comments

I spoke to Energia

You can only view that information if you are on a smart plan

It shows up in your online account

Once you switch to a smart tariff though,they said you are on it for good,even if you change supplier

You will be put on one of your new suppliers smart tariffs or choose

The limit of day unts per month with them is 1500 kW and for night 1000

So in theory you can use 2500kw pm

The penalty seems to be 2c per kilowatt hour

They confirmed my smart meter would be sending the readings automatically every night,so on a smart plan you can see your usage in 30 min intervals

They have different rates for peak,off peak and night on smart rates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

That's for the farm(well is under the house bill). It seems a bit saucy?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Your day rate is very high

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Paying 17 cent day rate and 7 cent night rate with electric Ireland but they have a 10% increase since, your discount puts you back to not far off the above rates, only changed last month and that was the best on offer

I thought it was high, changed last year in November

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

What the hell is going on there re the meter readings?

Bug in the system?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Take your day usage, previous is 1553 and present is 1656, that's 103 kwh but your being charged for 3000 odd.

Ahh you have a multiplier on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

That's the new rate I would guess, but poster is getting 40% off which softens the impact

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I only changed provider there lately, but I think I read that it only costs 50euro to break contract if you want to leave before the 12 months is up… I had thought it was more.

You’d have to do the sums, but with all these supposed increases coming might be worth keeping in mind…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Foggy night last night so no wind turbines working. Our local town had no street lights on last night. Would they be off when the grid is under pressure? Maybe it was just a fault, anyone else in the dark last night?

I heard of a mill fitting a 1500 kva generator because they get phone calls from the esb to cut the power when the grid is under pressure. 1500kva is 2000hp, there would be a fair bit of diesel needed to run that for an hour.

Looks like 5-6pm is when demand peaks when ppl come home from work.

I know a lot of Christmas lights are LED but they all add up.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement