Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Brilliant stuff! Just getting up to face into my stint, the opposite to yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭apache

Ah I gave up night shift about 7 years ago. The old body clock isn't what it used to be.

Have a good shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Anyone have any experience with Duloxetine? been on it two weeks now and its eliminated my appetite completely and I'm having problems with peeing (really have to force it out, as disgusting as that sounds!) would these be normal enough or should I get back onto the GP? I've been on loads of diferrent antidepressants before but never had any noticeable side affects like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Has anyone used propranolol for situational anxiety, i have a presentation thing coming up at work and the last time i did something similar my heartrate went nuts and my mind just went all cloudy and it was very uncomfortable, it always seems to be things like this that just sends the heart racing, even the actual thought of it, im fine in every other aspect of life though for some reason

80mg prozac

30mg abilify

20mg sycrest

This is what I have been on for years. I don't feel anything. I've decided to start coming down off the meds.

60mg prozac

20mg abilify

15mg sycrest

This is what I am on now.

Have discussed with my GP a tapering plan. Not gonna bother with expensive psychiatrists any more. My GP is just as good.

I'm to keep it at that level for 3 months. So far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Best of luck with it @apache i have a mood app thing that helps me get an overall impression of how various weeks and months, that or a journal might be helpful to monitor yourself and/or show your gp

Thanks Grem

I might try that. It's good to be able to talk about it here. I find that writing things down helps a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

be ta hokey pokey, some ordeal getting back onto the site since change over, hope all are well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Hi guys, hope you're all well

Just wondering, who would you recommend for a chat to? Eg. Samaritans etc

depends what needs to be chatted about, i certainly wouldnt rule out the Samaritans, even though ive never myself, but id always recommend a personal therapist for deeper stuff, and if its available of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 havana21

Hi all new here,

Post edited by havana21 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Samaritans are voluntary and not trained professionals. But they are a great start if you need to get something off your chest and for someone to listen. They can be very busy and have limited resources, so if you can, probably best to call at off peak times. Eg daytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 havana21

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

There are therapists (professional) you can speak to over the phone. Just make sure to check them out, there are online one's like 'betterhelp' or whatever, and apparently they don't exactly hire professionals.

It's more of a paid 'penpal' service.

Been struggling terribly for the last six weeks or so.. It's bloody rotten, especially i can still make others laugh when i'm shaking to bits inside.. Such a weird insidious illness 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Feeling so anxious today. Even more than usual. Too many problems and no solutions. Living like a hermit.

Have you tried talking to a professional (if you can afford it)? A good professional that will help you through the hard times.

I notice myself getting more stressed and anxious. It comes in waves.

I keep on thinking something bad is gonna happen.

Yesterday I was on my lunch break and I was chilling out on my own watching Netflix on my phone. Long story short, a colleague who I get on well with came over and started talking to me. I hadn't seen him for years. I took out my earphones out of politeness and started talking to him but in my head all I kept thinking was 'shut the **** up, I wanna get back to Netflix'.

That's a terrible way to be. I have to make more of an effort in future even though I don't want to.

He kept on asking me personal questions though like was I single etc. I found it very intrusive.

I just wanted to end the conversation.

Well, that's to be expected. The last 18+ months have been rough. Even when there's supposed 'return to normalcy' on the cards, it won't be a total return to normalcy.

I think, just looking at things from the other person's perspective. (And this is not to say your reaction was wrong). That their inquisitive nature was possibly down to being isolated for more than a year.

• Advertisement

Ah I know I need to make more of an effort.

Hope you're all well, I called in sick today things are really rough. I've taken to the bed today I'm seriously depressed. I need a shower but don't have the energy

that time of year unfortunately, and the weather isnt helping, look after yourself

I find it extremely difficult to make it in for work also. Just have zero interest in anything.

I am much the same if its any consolation

I'm treating myself to a takeaway tonight, might perk me up a bit

That's been me off and on for the last 8 days. No energy, oversleeping. This year's been rougher than last year I think. Definitely felt like there was no end in sight to the craziness (world events I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I changed jobs 2 weeks ago and I’m like a new person.

I used to come home from work and go for a nap, I was that mentally drained.

Now I’m full of energy again.

I still have issues, but changing jobs helped.

I also found gardening and being outside very helpful.

There's a Facebook group called Let's Talk Withdrawal Podcast - very helpful in regards to combating the side effects of withdrawal

• Advertisement

Might be worth enquiring about blood tests, just in case. I'm on anti-depressants for a good while, so my doctor requested I get blood work done. Didnt' seem to catch anything physical, but helped rule it out.

Advertisement