Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2021 - General Discussion Thread (Read 1st post rules)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 19,934 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

According to a leaked calendar for next year, Monaco is going to change form a 4 day race with practice on Thursday and a day off on Friday, the the normal 3 day weekend with practice on Friday.

I can't say it make s much difference to me. I think it's the turd in the F1 crown and only produces good races occasionally, in spite of the terrible track. But I'm sure people will have strong opinions about changing anything to do with Monaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I believe Thursday night was a great night in Monaco even for the average guy without fancy tickets. It's a shame to have lost that part for the people who go to the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Think of those looking to party in the Amber Lounge!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's a weak circuit for Hamilton so I don't mind it too much. It's a necessary fundraiser for all teams and management in Formula 1.

Meanwhile, the weekend weather is looking tasty again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Bernie sprinklers.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I sort of hope we get the rain at the weekend, Lewis takes his penalty

Then we have the final 6 races as a straight shootout for the title between Lewis and Max, I hope it's just 6 races of those fighting for 1st and 2nd

Saturday looks fairly wet, then scattered showers on Sunday.

Low grip fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

They should have put some sheep wool underneath it lol. I heard that lasts for centuries. That's what the Romans used to do to there roads and why they lasted so long.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

By chance, I watched the Moto GP this weekend. Was quite amazing seeing the bikes react to turn 1 (I think) and how the riders managed to keep hold of them.

Commentators reckoned it was the weather conditions and no amount of resurafing would solve it in the long run. Once the rain season kicks in, any work would be undone.

• Advertisement

Motorsport.com: Red Bull to race with white Honda tribute livery in F1 Turkish GP.

This is interesting news. Red Bull has been incredibly consistent with its livery since joining the sport so it would be nice to see them with a new look.

What are Honda colours anyway? Are they like the white and red Mclaren of the Senna-Prost days?

Post edited by El_Duderino 09 on

Pretty much. There's a teaser on their social media. Linked to it in the Turkish GP thread.

Mercedes-Benz will be hoping that the commemorative livery brings Red Bull as much luck as they had in Germany a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wouldn't say they're too far away from the BrawnGP livery as they're effectively a Honda team

Ms

They have had lots if special livery do. Remember the one for David Coulthard at his last race in Brazil 2008 was it? Unfortuntly he crashed on the first lap.

There have been a few others too for what I am not sure. See them when Channel 4 has there highlights from the Red Bull centre like at the Russian race.

Here is a video on some of them after a little bit on the history of Red Bull it starts on the liverys from 1 minute 40 in,

https://youtu.be/-yX9dBSXrIU

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Always wished they ran this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Apparently this is the livery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

I think it looks great. As a one-off it's a lovely change.

Ms

I also think it looks great. Can't wait to see it racing.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

That will be savage on track. I believe AT are running a special livery also.

• Advertisement

From the side it just looks like they changed the blue to white, however head on you'll see the race numbers are in a Japanese Red Sun.

What I would have done is stylised the Red Bull logo into two oriental style Bulls charging into a Red Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I dont like the way it looks but I never like red and white mixed on cars, the japanese script is cool though they should keep that.

Also worth noting there is more news are RB and Honda in that their technical partnership now continues to 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭barryribs

Ms

The FAI are testing out new gloves on five of the drivers at the Turkish GP. Lewis Hamilton, Sebastien Vettal Carlos Seinz, George Russell and Daniel Riccardo are all using these new gloves that are supposed to offer better fire protection than the current FAI F1 gloves and still give the drivers the feel they want. Be interesting to see what the drivers say about them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

But will they help the keeper against Azerbaijan tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

I think the livery looks great, it's just such a shame they don't get to run it in Japan.

It sounds like Honda are slowing down their retreat from F1 somewhat and maintaining a closer relationship with Red Bull than it seemed previously, probably due to the unexpected success of this year. They probably don't want a repeat of Brawn GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Some rumblings Zhou may be pricing himself out of the Alfa seat.

He wants a longer contract than Alfa want to offer. Alfa want to keep monitoring Pourchaire as they believe he is a genuine prospect and dont want to have that seat tied down.

Piastri may make it yet.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Lol I meant the FIA. Not my fault they are so similar.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement