Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,102 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

And I would have had no qualms offering up my seat if he had of asked, as I wanted to look around the shop anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Be right back

Getting a frozen yogurt with 3 toppings that start to slip off as soon as I get it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

When you take the first bite of an apple you've been looking forward to and realize it's not going to be a great apple, but you eat it anyway cos you've not got many other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Was it a ‘Granny Smith’? Sometime you get a really great, shiny, green, juicy one but other times it’s a yellowy dry yoke.

Can happen just as easily with a ‘Golden Delicious’. My advice would be to stick to the ‘Pink Ladies’. You won’t go wrong there.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Moved to a new gaff , and after the heavy rain there was one huge puddle. Guess where? Outside my door !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,911 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Out to airside in Swords to visit B&Q earlier with quite a list of homeware needs and had parked up, just as I went to get out to go into the shop several Garda cars..9 I counted pulled up at speed one after another....outside without lights or sirens and multiple Gardai got out, and entered the store very quickly.... two of them outside were seemingly asking people not to go inside...so back to the car and waiting..

about 20 minutes after there were audible raised voices just from inside... so whatever standoff was going on, be it a raid, some mental health freaky meltdown / standoff or whatever...was not abating...

about-turn and home... empty handed...fûcking pile of donkey piss as the rest of my week is busy grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Miriam O'Callaghan. WHY IS SHE SO SHOUTYYYY??!?

It is what it's.

Turn on Spotify, I’m just using the free Spotify at the moment but what seems like a 90 second add for Irish fûckin permanent after the FIRST song I listen to.... grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

People who call guinness 'mothers milk' just fcuk off already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Hump day. I don't know why it annoys me so much but I hate the term 'hump day'. The weatherman Deric Ó hArtagáin is always saying it...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Off drink for September to test out the 'I'm an alcoholic' theory the doctor has for my liver test results being high. No bother at all, finished up this week so I had planned to get the blood test this week before I go on my sister's spa weekend to Galway. Couldn't get through to the doctors all week and only managed this morning. Next available appointment for a blood test - Monday. FML.

I think I'll have a drink on Friday anyway and just not drink Saturday night. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I only just found out that Jacob Collier is doing a concert in Dublin next June. Already sold out. Maybe I can take a city break to e.g. Amsterdam and see him there, but still ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Self entitlement seems to be the raison d'être these days of both ends of the generational spectrum... older folks and teens / early 20’s

And if any proof was needed of the above...

back from the gym.. every second Treadmill is placarded DO NOT USE so distance can be achieved between participants ... a girl arrives, jumps on one of the placarded machines, rips the placard off, throws it to the floor, proceeds to use it.. why ? Well despite there being about 5 free machines she wanted to be on one beside her buddy to talkkkkkk...she proceeded to not shut the fûck up for the entire time I’m there and was the victim of several glances of ‘ are you for real you fûckin foghorn’ from several other clients...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Now, that's disappointing, those are usually the best (nicer than pink ladies, even!). I haven't been able to find them in any of the shops, though, which is my TA - the poor variety of apples available. May I ask where you got them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I love pink lady but my dentist has forbidden me eating them.

Fairly harsh on the teeth apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Was not aware of that. Do you know if that’s the same with the Fuji or Cox’ Pippins?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No idea

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

2pm meetings. Why do people seem to love them so much? They're a total balls. If you prefer a late lunch you're sh!t out of luck, and even if you do 1-2 you still have to finish up early to get sorted out and get back to your desk/laptop/the meeting room to be ready to go at 2.

Load of me hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,243 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

Alexa must have updated their settings. Up to a few days ago, just had to say "Alexa. Play Newstalk radio", and it did.

Now it plays some station broadcast from London.

Have tried "Newstalk Ireland", Newstalk 106fm, "F**king Newstalk that I always listen to", but none of them will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

8am / 5 pm especially when you are commuting.

Bonus you're an a$$hole points if 5pm on a Friday.

Anyone who schedules a meeting for anytime Friday afternoons. May they burn in a vat of their own firey piss.

Today's TA - chimney had to be taken down and rebuilt because of a faulty drip tray. Builders took it down mid August, it's now October and the flue is still sitting there naked and open to the elements letting water piss down into the living room. Apparently they're having trouble sourcing matching brick to rebuild it. DID THEY NOT THINK OF THIS BEFORE THEY TOOK THE FCUKER DOWN? I've been calling the builders every single day since last Friday and the cnut won't return my calls.

Extra TA - I'm waiting on an important email. Anytime my phone buzzes I get excited. But it's always MCD or Ticketbasstard or some other spam crap and not my important email.

I've started to reject them out of hand.

Lunchtime training sessions aswell where the company buy horrible sandwiches. Lunch time in MY time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Oh that reminds me....the "chew n chat" arranged with upper management where you still have to clock out for the entire time. So instead of your usual 30 mins lunch skipping out at 4/4:30 you're stuck in this weird version of hell , where you can't actually eat because you will: miss your mouth/spill your drink/ drop sauce down your clothes/ be asked a question just as you pop something into your mouth. You then have the privilege of working to 6 and getting stuck in another version of hell on the commute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,243 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

when somebody phones you as you are about to eat a cornetto and it starts to melt as they are talking to you.

Advertisement