Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Heard it as well, I'm the other side from you towards Power c!Ty . Was wondering what part it was going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm wrecked this morning. It was there for about 40 minutes then fecked off but came back again for about another 10 minutes. Haven't heard anything on the news.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I must have been out like a light because I am about half way between the two of you (ish) and I heard nothing!

Talking to neighbours who were similarly disturbed during the night. One said there were armed Gardai at a checkpoint on the snugborough road this morning at the IDA business park and another said there had been a similar checkpoint earlier in the week.

Update: they were looking for two people and they have been detained. Don't know if it's in the media but a friend has contacts in the Garda station.

• Advertisement

Guy from a certain community going door to door in Waterville "doing work for some neighbours" and wanting to clean my gutters "inside and outside".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

An illegal encampment has appeared on the bit of green space on Damastown Road, within the industrial area, at the entrance to the IBM campus and the Guerbet plant.

Beware of associated petty criminality until it is removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

Last time (or after one of the times) it happened they built a low wooden fence around the green. I guess it didn't work so well.

I didn't spot what parts of the fence might have gone missing, but some bits must have.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm hearing a LOT of sirens in the Blakestown area over the last 10 minutes or so, I think they are headed in the Huntstown/Hartstown direction but can't be sure. Any idea what is going on out there?

• Advertisement

The sirens are still going though less often and the Garda helicopter was out for a while but also gone now. Still have no idea what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Heard 3 lads got Slashed In ashfeild

RTE news : Three people injured in assault at house in Dublin

Just spotted this on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Apparently a grandfather and his grand child and the grandchild's partner.

A news update just now saying one person is now dead and two others injured following an "assault incident" at an address in Ashfield, Blakestown.

Gardaí are not looking for anyone else in relation to the incident but are looking for dashcam footage from the area or any witnesses who were nearby between 12 - 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Phil.x

156 bicycles stolen from clonsilla Station last year, the guy in Station said 5 were stolen last week, garda apparently have very little time for it and Irish rail won't entertain it at all.

Young kids go in and mark the saddles of the ones they want and a few minutes later a guy goes in with an angle grinder and or metal bar and takes them into a van parked around the bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Really? I'm often there with my daughter as she loves running up and down the little hill that leads into the bike shed. Never seen anything fishy there (although admittedly it is bright/middle of the day when we're there)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

3 per week? I'd say 3 a week reported....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Phil.x

The guy who compiled them, the guy in the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Cars robbed on Sunday morning in Willow Wood, at 6.00am. 1 Man caught on camera from numerous houses, walking house to house checking cars for unlocked doors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Seems to be fair few cars interfered with around D15, Carpenterstown, Luttrelstown, Castleknock area.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

Anyone know what was going on tonight at around 1:50am, (Garda?) helicopter flying around Clonsilla/Ongar, and 7-8 Garda vehicles heading towards Blanch on Ongar Road?

I dunno, but the bastarding chopper woke me up and Im not back to sleep!

It seemed to be orbiting over the Ongar Park area for a while and I heard the sirens but couldn't tell which direction they were going.

I heard what I thought was a gunshot around 10.15 last night. Then about 12.55am it was like someone sat on a car horn for almost 10 minutes. I'm in Waterville so was coming from Corduff direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gio2

Car was set on fire in Waterville in the parking spaces behind Blasket square. Fuel tank exploded which was probably what you heard and a number of other vehicles were damaged.

Not a new phenomenon in the area, but brazen and potentially violent all the same.

Note the car and descriptions.

• Advertisement

Gardaí are at the scene of the discovery of the bodies of a woman in her 40s and a baby boy in the Beechfield estate, Clonee, off the Littlepace to Ongar road.

Clearly a dreadful tragedy of some sort, thoughts with those affected.

Advertisement