Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭furrybones

The email address I've always used, and always receive prompt replies from, is LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie. Use EO 2020 in the subject line.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WishfullT

Hi all.

I had my interview the 16 sept ans got my results last Friday 24th! Have a OOM 3 for Longford batch 2 ( I think)

I received an email on Tuesday asking for documents as I am under consideration. Does anyone know if this means that I will be called soon?

Also in people’s experience how long does clearance take?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irishwolf47

I got my Inter OOM of 6 and open of 16 for Tipperary. A bit low down the pecking order, but I'm curious if anyone has been placed in Tipp yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I think there are a lot of people lurking hereabouts in the hope of getting an idea of how long they'll be waiting for the next step, whatever that might be - I certainly was, until I got to the end of the process.

I just signed my EO contract and this is how it went for me. Might be useful to some in estimating their own timeline, although I know it probably wouldn't shed much light for those in other counties or in the Interdepartmental competition etc.

14/8/20 - Stage 1 Questionnaire

9/10/20 - Stage 1 results: Dublin Open OOM ~550

5/2/21 - Stage 2 eTray

23/4/21 - Stage 2 results: Dublin Open OOM ~300

01/07/21 - Invitation to interview

3/8/21 - Stage 3 Interview

10/8/21 - Stage 3 Interview Result: Batch 2 OOM~50

22/9/21 - Offer of assignment with the DSP, pending clearance

15/11/21 - Start date as EO (taking enough time to give notice and take a wee breath before the new gig - they would have had me start on Nov 1)

A long aul road. YMMV.

Good luck to everyone still in the process. 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Just completed my interview they were very friendly but moved me along not sure if that’s good or bad only time will tell.

I’m happy enough I think I got my points across but who knows

• Advertisement

Thank you so much. The above is super helpful, particularly to people who have never gone through the process before.

can I ask though, you said you were offered the place pending clearance? I am currently going through clearance but no mention of placement.

The email stated I was under consideration for a position pending clearance, as I am a regional I’m wondering if there is a position at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Hi WishfullT,

They wouldn't go to the bother of putting you through clearance unless they had a position for you. Well done and good luck in your new post.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Well done. I had my interview today as well. They were both lovely but like you-I was interrupted a good few times mid example. They told me at the start they would do this if I hit points they were looking for & if they needed extra info. I wouldn't worry.

Best of luck now, hopefully we won't be waiting too long for results, 1-2 weeks maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Best of luck if I’m honest I think I got the best point across in the last minute round up they give you, hopefully it was enough to redeem my warbling though some of it

if I can give any advice to those coming after us keep your competencies clear, concise and to the point.

Time is very much of the essence use it wisely

Yes exactly, keep to the point, use the competency buzzwords in the examples & not to worry if they cut across your answer-they're actually helping you elaborate on what you've already given them.☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I got the same as you but with an added paragraph that the position was 100km from my house and as it was greater than 45km I could turn it down and keep my place on panel. Which I did… so I’d imagine you have a position within 45 km of your home!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭VitreousLife

Best of luck to all going forward with interviews / results

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leitrim_man

Hi.

was just wondering was the OOM for the open or inter dept? And what position were you before the interview? I’m at 8 and 15 so hoping for a call for interview.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Of those currently being interviewed for Dublin, i know there were interviews all last week but do any of our posters have any this week or next week? Trying to suss out when results may issue

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

I am 244 OOM in the Open Dublin Competition and I haven't received the email asking for my intention to interview yet? :(

My cousin is on the open panel, she did her interview about two weeks ago & got her results a week later (she passed)

She was told a 3-4 week wait for results and if it went past 4 weeks to contact PAS but she heard within a week!

I was under 80 on the open stream after the Etray. But they seem to be constantly filling EO vacancies so I cant imagine you are going to be sitting too long!

Im in two minds one minute I think it went well but theres one or 2 questions I didnt answer the way I wanted to so I want to be put out of my misery 😂😂

Hiya

It is for the Open for Longford. I am batch 2.

After the E-tray I was OOM 3 and then after the interview I was OOM 3!

Hope that answers your question. I will post here if I get any more information.! Other posters in the past have recommended emailing PAS to see how many have been called etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

For those that have gone into clearance were you notified by email or on publicjobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Cdub

Can anybody post a link to the terms and conditions that go with the EO role such as probation period, number of holidays, flexitime (if available) etc.

When I look back at the communications I received during the process, I cannot find this type of information.

I'm going through clearance now and its looking positive so would like to review as much details on the job spec as possible before I'm formally offered a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gracepearl

Had my interview on Thursday 30th Sep and I’ve just got my results & I passed! Very quick turn around but absolutely delighted 😃

My OOM is 63 for Dublin Open Stream haven’t a clue how long I’ll be waiting but my main concern is being placed somewhere that’s accessible by public transport as I don’t currently drive.

Has anyone contacted PAS about this kind of thing before they are placed in a department?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DullHay

Just wondering does anyone know what qualifications would be considered the same level or what standard would be considered the same or higher than this?

TIA

(ii) have obtained in the Established Leaving Certificate Examination a minimum of Grade D (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate O6 grade) at Ordinary level in Mathematics and Irish or English, having obtained a minimum of Grade C (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate H4 grade) in at least five subjects at Higher level; or hold a qualification, that in the opinion of the Public Appointments Service, is of a standard in terms of both level and volume of learning that is of at least an equivalent or higher standard;

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

You can only defer it it's more than 45km as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DullHay

Can I ask what documents they asked for as I have been given a number on the panel and wish to get organised myself.

Congratulations to you 😊

Interview Thursday 30/09 and results today!

So quick!

I’m on the Interdepartmental stream and placed OOM 5-10 😁

Best of luck all, absolutely delight with myself!

Any word yet for yourself?

fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻

brilliant score for the open stream!! well done!!

I’m sure you could voice your opinion on the matter as Dublin used to be divided into sections rather than just one county!

• Advertisement

Fantastic news, congrats🤗. I did my interview Friday 01/10, got my results also today, so fast!!

Placed OOM 5, Batch 1.3- Open Stream for Cork.

Advertisement