Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

Decent enough, draft was about what was expected.

Splitting New Day again is just dumb at this point, it's another example of WWE treating babyfaces weirdly. Drew was to be expected but I think Hardy is an interesting addition to Smackdown and hopefully will give him a bit of a decent end of career run. Charlotte going to Smackdown surprised me, guess Becky is going to Raw then.

There's the usual weird Draft logic too. Why bother drafting Rhea and Nikki when they're on both shows anyway, seems like a waste of a pick. Why draft Austin Theory and not just 'The Way' and get four for one. By the stables logic couldn't you technically draft 'New Day' which includes Big E considering he only had a match as part of New Day like a week ago, same goes for the 'Bloodline' and Roman but sure. I guess it doesn't matter.

Hit Row seems a bit premature, not the most ringing endorsement that any major talent is coming up from NXT imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Isn't Johnny Gargano's contract up soon? He'll go a lot further in AEW than he ever will under Vince. So I expect they're not going to call him up unless he signs a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Carmella puts on a mask and takes it off 30 seconds later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Theory being drafted in the show makes him look a big deal. Will they keep him as his dumb character?

Will the remaining changes from this half be revealed after Monday or over the weekend?

If I remember correctly, the reason for drafting the women's tag champs is that when they lose the titles they will be members of the roster they were drafted to.

Seth will probably be drafted to Raw as well and the feud continue, as we've seen in previous years, especially with Sami and KO

Good point, does make sense for the women's tag titles so. I also thought the Carmella mask was weird, she spent longer putting on the mask than the match itself. Figured it might be a part of her character now but she did take it off straight away.

• Advertisement

More draft choices in. Think it was on Talking Smack they were made. Summed up moves or call ups here and embedded the tweets below.

Smackdown: Aliyah after being in NXT forever and never making an impact is getting called up to Smackdown. Mace and T-Bar are officially split up. Mustafa Ali and Mansoor are gone to Smackdown as well. Drew Gulak has moved too apparently (had to look up where he was).

Raw: Gable and Otis are moving over from Smackdown. Zelina Vega is also coming to Raw. Apollo Crews and Commander Azeez is also moving to Raw. All others named are part of the brand already as I recall.

So Toni can still be ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Amazed some of those wrestlers are still part of wwe

Not hard to ignore Toni Storm, in fairness. She is painfully bland.

I was thinking they should've scheduled a match between her and Naomi then have to cut it due to time and do that every week, ripping off the whole Jimmy Kimmel/Matt Damon thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm stuck between 2 minds on her. For one it would help if she got some decent bit of exposure on either brand but seems to be very stop start.

My gut tells me there isn't a superstar there but how can we know unless she gets a run?

I never saw the big appeal in her either, but I know she's popular. She started to show improvement when she turned heel but now they have her back to being face, going by her brief appearances.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What's the bettings that after Raw the Draft basically just swaps feuds from Smackdown to Raw or vice versa and they market them as brand new and 'landscape changing'

Eg: Rollins VS Edge moving to Raw, potentially Nakamura/Boogs joining Apollo/Azeez as well

It would be typical, lazy, bland WWE nonsense tbf.

Btw what are they going to do with Charlotte calling herself the Queen when the new tournament is concluded and a winner is announced? 50 bucks says she either wins it herself or begins a feud with the winner over the moniker of 'Queen' and ends up winning that feud so she can be the 'undisputed queen'.

With the draft not kicking in til after Crown Jewel so that might be the end of some fueds

The brand loyalty nonsense of Survivor Series will be so dumb. Ffs your only on the red or blue brand a few weeks and your fighting for your life representing it.

First match of the King Of The Ring Tournament Rey vs Sami Zayn

other QFs

Finn Balor vs Cesaro

Kofi vs Jinder Mahal

Woods vs Ricochet

Some very good matches there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Finn v Cesaro if they're left to their own devices could be excellent.

Smackdown was a bit odd this week, not sure why. Just felt a little slapdash in places or something.

The Queen of the Ring is already a bit of a shambles. They had two matches that were given next to no time. I'm not going to say Toni or Liv would suit the Queen gimmick but having both of them lose over Zelina and Carmella is a misplay imo. Toni just started on Smackdown and she already looks a chump. I know some people don't love Toni. I like her enough but I think if nothing else she is a new face and a young talent they should be building on. Liv is over and they never do a thing with her. Already feel like this tournament has been a bust.

Reigns story is interesing but after watching the Cesaro/Balor match it sort of reminds you that no one has really come out better from feuding with him. They've built nobody up to eventually topple him. I wonder what's even next after Brock, Drew I suppose. It's getting a little old now.

Really loving the Edge/Rollins feud and it actually feels like a suitable use of the cell. Doubt Sonya and Naomi is actually happening next week. I wouldn't mind Finn winning the KOTR. King Balor has a nice ring to it, evolve him from the Prinxe.

Mad King Balor has a nice ring to it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah Carmella and Zelina is a match that nobody ever asked for tbh. Both are heels too so why? King of the Ring is better fixed, I agree on Balor being a good fit for winning. He could evolve into a cocky heel after ascending his throne. I wonder with the final being at Crown Jewel might we see the 'Demon King' or something like that.

The reason I think Smackdown is all over the place is because you have a roster switch taking place in 2 weeks therefore the matches mean absolutely zip. Rollins/Edge obviously being the standout.

Crown Jewel is absolutely stacked I have to say, I'm going to find it tough not to watch it as between Hell in A Cell, Big E/McIntyre, Becky/Sasha/Bianca, King and Queen of the Ring Finals and Roman/Brock I think it's gonna be a very good PPV... sportswashing issues aside

Fair point, the roster switch is making things a bit strange cuase they're building to a PPV and making people seem a big deal on a show they're leaving in 2 weeks and trying to hype new people coming in.

Crown Jewel does look good alright, shame it's a Saudi show really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Reigns entrance was longer than the two womens matches combined.

Its a joke how they treat lower tier talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,324 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Sasha just position herself on the table for Bianca to throw Becky on her

Wasn't sure why Naomi came into the office since couldn't hear over the fan noise. Was only when Sonya repeated that I knew.

Neither Nak or Corbin get a shot at King?

Did Happy Corbin's chat show graphic have Street Profits on it?

Dominik just doesn't look or feel like a wrestler. That's not a "He's not 6'5, what the fùck?!" thing either. He just looks a guy in there.

Even someone small with little muscle like Adam Cole looks and feels like a wrestler.

But Dominik, something just feels off with him for me.

'Needs more rey'

Yeah he looks very like a rookie from NXT

How was the King and Queen of the rings participants decided?

Hes like the kid from Modern Family all grown up. Hes also not a good wrestler on any level.

• Advertisement

Advertisement