Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Saw my first one in the wild yesterday in Galway. A big unit no doubt and the unique styling makes it stand out.

Well wear whoever it was !

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

My apologies, thank you for the info. I didn't know that. In the many... many videos I've watched of the ioniq 5 at this stage, the reviewers that talk about this feature said that it was not that common... bloody YouTube reviewers... do your research!... So I don't have to....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

The missus has changed her mind on the colour for her Ioniq 5 executive next year. She loves white on her present classic, so has changed from Galactic Grey for the same again. Think this pic may be similar to our low spec with the black side cladding and inserts front and back. (Not sure if we get the light strip breaking the black on doors, but looks well). Our original deal was done with the metallic paint without paint protection/servicing, so they are including the paint protection on her new car due to the white being a little cheaper. (She has the same on her classic, must say it makes the car very easy to wash, paint shine and condition still like new).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are you trading in the classic? Getting a decent deal?

Yes, happy, providing the government don't make a balls of things next month..🙄. The classic will be 5 years old next year when new car comes, but good second hand cars (Particularly EVs and small ICE) are in demand atm with very few around. My 20 yr old son advertised his 1L Petrol last week for similar money he paid last year. Got 3 replies from the trade almost immediately, first who saw it bought it a few days ago..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Whereabouts in Galway did you go to see one? Looking to test drive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

https://youtu.be/ZgeZikh88Wc

Richard Symons putting it through it's paces.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Out of curiosity. Has anyone order a gravity gold matte here in Ireland?

I remember the dealer saying that there's no ETA and not even sure if it will come to Irish market but it has been over a month. So I'm curious if that it's still the case or if it's true.

Nope, no luck here, was told they had no availability or ability to get a date for gold matte in Ireland, beautiful looking colour I think.

I ordered the shooting star grey matte... then I chickened out after doing more research into matte colour finish on cars (I drive down narrow country roads now and again, I don't fancy little scratches I can't repair).

Asked the dealer to change to cyber grey (the only colour they had available on the long range base model), that was ordered already but luckily that person rang them wanting to change to the matte. Done! Nice when things work out.

Interestingly, there was no extra charge for the matte finish...

Saw a gold one a few weeks ago, tbh was a bit disappointed with the colour. Looks great in the pics, used a lot for advertising, but after seeing in real life I think my preference would be for one of the metal colours (But not available when we ordered the Executive).

• Advertisement

Good to know they exist in Ireland anyway. I like matte colours on a car, just not sure/don't want to own a matte coloured car.

As for metallic colours, I hope you are right there.

It's hard to know without seeing them on the road. Saw the gold one in the North while cycling on a damp grey day outside a dealer in/near Rostrevor. It may look different on a bright sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭John arse

i've a kuga phev coming in a few weeks but was looking at a new mustang mach e there-top of the range now but nearly 80k🙈🙈🙈wtf,don't think they'll be selling many of those???

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

We were going with the shooting star grey matte and was willing to accept the "extra care" required but found out it only come in the black interior. Ended up changing to Galactic grey for the light grey interior. Apparently only black and galactic grey comes with the light interior. Good few of the other exterior colour didn't have ETA like the mystic olive.

Really wished they give a choice for the interior colours like other countries though.

I don't think the dealers know for certain what is what with this car yet. Not their fault either by the comments I've read here and my own experience in trying to lock down what exactly is in the "executive level" finish. The interior seat finish for example. I've got more help in this forum finding out what "half leather" finish looks like than what hyundai is telling the dealers.

Imo it can only be lack of interest/communication from hyundai. That there isn't an available brochure from the Hyundai Ireland website with breakdown of each model, trim level, with accompanying pictures... is... obviously... annoying me a bit at this stage. Ya, I know... small issues really...

Edit: in my opinion, the Irish dealers have deduced what the premium 58kw car is equipped with because that is the only version any dealer in Ireland seems to have right now

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I got a trim level brochure from a dealer today. Breaks down specs and trim for every version Inc cost.

took a test drive as well sales guy just threw me the keys and said work away.

Thanks for that, good to know... something to read for the weekend...

I didn't go to see one, it was on the road heading towards Salthill. Haven't seen it since.

Reilly's in Sligo seem to have one (demo) as well as O'Brien's in Westmeath, but I'd give Connolly's or Monaghan's a call first.

Going to test drive one in Monaghans tomorrow :)

Will see what all the costs and payments are and then take it from there.

€46,500 executive plus trim level, 73kw battery, metallic included (cyber grey), be interested to know what other prices are out there...

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem too bad.

Not sure how quickly they can be got. I was told Jan/Feb/Mar depending on model (but not which model was quickest).

I'll see what I get sold tomorrow. Test driving this and a Tuscon.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Ordered a White Executive Plus Yesterday in Deansgrange.

Very true that the dealers don't seem to be fully sure on Styling details outside of the Premium Version.

I went for Executive Plus because the 4k Price increase for Premium only really seemed to give you Leather Seats (Which wuold be nice, but not for 4k) and the Light strip across the bumper (Again, looks cool but in reality, this light is off when you're parked and When it's on you wont see it, i.e You'll very quickly forget you even have it). It has the side collision beep warnings aswell which I suppose might be useful for some with narrow driveways or driving narrow roads often.

They had the white on the floor in the Showroom and it just looked gorgeous, kind of Like the Range Rover Evoque's that you commonly see in white.

Delivery is due Early December so I can avail of the Grant even if the Government Reduce it in the Budget for 2022 onwards.

Overall, I started out looking at a Hybrid Tucson, but It's very hard not to buy this car at only €2k more.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

Nice!

If it was for December delivery, was I one that they had pre-ordered or did you configure or yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

I was quoted an on the road price of €47,371 for a 73kw executive plus and €50,129 for a premium. Can’t figure out why the significant difference from the RRP in the two models. Plus 2k on the executive plus and and plus 1k on the premium.

Anyone have an on the road quote from dealers on either of these. It’s beyond me.

Slightly similar situation here.

Went and test drove an Ioniq 5 today. Straight after we test drove a Tuscon and there was no comparison - the Ioniq was absolutely lovely.

I'm not much of a car enthusiast but I've pretty much fallen in love with it.

Apparently the salesperson has 2 built that are available from Jan - Cyber grey 58kw with black interior - exec plus. And BLack exterior, white interior 58kw in exec plus.

Only premium is in white exterior, black interior - not sure if I want that. Even with a dog and family I really like the white interior.

Think I'm going to go for black exec plus. Not sure I'll miss anything from the premium given I've never had any of it!

Only premium they have coming is white and I don't fancy it.

Such a nice car though

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

It was already on an order centrally from Hyundai Ireland (Obviously Knowing that they'll sell it), Dealers do this colour swap thing where they can swap their allocation for centrally available other Cars. They told me the White Exec Plus was an option so I went for that as it was one I wanted, but I probably would have taken another if not.

Anyone here experiencing the thermal throttling Kris talks about in his video (ambient temperature aside)?

Maybe a software fix would sort it?

I have ordered the Executive plus, cyber grey, 73kw for €46,500.

Good luck with the car in December. What size battery did you order with that delivery date?

The reason I'm asking is I was told the earliest they would have the 73kw car will be March...

• Advertisement

Now I've found somewhere with a white premium in stock I'm tempted to go get that one despite the need for travel.

Any reason to wait until Jan for new plate, other than having to take a different colour?

Advertisement